What to wear to a bridal shower?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

What to wear to a bridal shower?

I'm totally having last minute anxiety.  I'm going to a bridal shower tomorrow for my future sister in law.  It is being hosted by the grooms mother at her house at 2 PM.  I was planning to wear a pretty tank top from Ann Taylor LOFT and a floral skirt, but for some reason I'm anxious that I will be underdressed.  Am I just being silly? 

I won't really know anyone there but the bride so I think I'm just nervous about it... The bride is much more sophisticated of a dresser than I am so I'm a bit worried people will be more dressed up.  I wear jeans, t-shirts and sneakers to work every day.  She's more Polo, J. Crew, Prada, etc...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Re: What to wear to a bridal shower?

I think that sounds like a lovely outfit.  It's Summer-y, it's at someone's house... it'll be nice.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neena101511. Show Neena101511's posts

That sounds more then fine, it's at her house not the Ritz. Wink

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

sounds perfect--stop stressing! :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Cool, thanks guys!  I had a feeling I was stressing over nothing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Trex that is totally fine! It is at a house, so you don't have to worry about 'dress code'. I am a MOH in a wedding next weekend, and I wore a white skirt with orange flowers from the GAP and an orange tank top with a white cardigan to hers. I was more dressed up than a lot of people!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Life is stressful enough without borrowing extra.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

I agree - that sounds perfect! 

I attended a similar shower last year and I was actually more dressed than most people, but I was glad I was overdressed and not one of the people in a t-shirt and jeans. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Ha!  That is hilarious, kargiver!  I need to tatoo that on my hand so I remember.  I tend to overstress about everything.  But seriously, I may print that out and hang it up somewhere.  And we haven't even started planning our wedding yet!

In Response to Re: What to wear to a bridal shower?:
    [QUOTE]Life is stressful enough without borrowing extra.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I think that sounds more than fine. I wore skinny jeans a pink tank tunic and leopard print heels to my shower, so I was not dressed up at all. :)

Sections
Shortcuts