You can all be proud of me

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rapunzel41. Show Rapunzel41's posts

You can all be proud of me

We had our wedding shower on Sunday, and it was a huge success.  My MOH, BM, and Mom did an amazing job...  I can't wait to see the pics everyone took!

The proud moment for you all is that I'm 2/3 done with our thank you notes!  LOL!  We wrote out 10 on Sunday and 10 last night, and I dropped them in the mail today.  We're writing out the last 10 tonight and mailing them tomorrow.

I do plan on writing a more thoughtful card to the three VIPs mentioned above, but I'm so glad I got the bulk of them done right away!

On the other side of things, we got a TOTAL regift and my FI is so pissed.  LOL.  His co-worker (who he is friends with outside of work) bagged out on attending the shower claiming she had to work her p/t job...  However, she posted on FB that she was lounging in her hot tub with a bottle of wine at noon.  Shower ran from 11:30pm till about 3pm.  Duh!  So we open the gift we got from her and FI's other co-worker (who did attend) and one piece of it was an "as seen on TV" turbo cooker.  I look at my FI and he just shrugs - we've never heard of it, and we always make fun of infomercials.  We just said thank you and moved on.

We're putting stuff away last night and he picks up this turbo cooker and says, "Hey, they left the tag on this one.  Where is Ames?"  I nearly spit out my water.  I'm like, "Uh, Ames went out of business YEARS ago!"

So we open the box - complete with instructional VHS tape - and it reeks of mildew, like it's been stored in someone's attic or basement for years.  The different pieces inside the box were still in their original packaging, but they just smelled.  

We'll be very surprised if she actually shows up at the wedding (even though she already RSVP'd that she was coming!).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Re: You can all be proud of me

LOL!
    Some people have no shame!

Glad it was otherwise fantastic. And good for you getting out those TYNs so quickly! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Rapunzel - I love it!!  Your FI should bring it to work and put it on display (tag included) in the kitchen (if there is one) and tell everyone to "go check out the GREAT gift so-and-so got us!"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

I think your FI should start a Tacky Swap at this office this Christmas.....he already has the perfect entry!

I mean, mildew, really?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ames?!  We're talking 20 years in a basement here.  Pinkie said it best, some people have NO SHAME!

Congrats on the thank you notes success!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rapunzel41. Show Rapunzel41's posts

I still have five thank you notes left, and they're all for the VIPs - the folks who threw the shower.  I want to get them actual cards and write something extra special in them.  I'll finish those this weekend.

We had to toss the box the thing came in because it smelled so bad.  Someday G will tell his other co-worker about it...  He thinks she had no idea her gift partner was regifting to this extent!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, probably not.  I'm sure it went something like this, "I'll take care of the gift; how about a Turbo Cooker?" "Sounds great, thanks!"  They'll be horrrrrified.