All Inclusives

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: All Inclusives

I stayed in the hotel next door to the Divi in Aruba (the Bucuti) simply because it wasn't all-inclusive because DH was convinced we'd pay more that way.  But, that's neither here nor there.  I've heard AMAZING things about the Divi.  It's on Eagle Beach in Aruba.  They have a private beach (as do all the hotels on Eagle), and everyone I know who's been there raves about it.  I know people who vacation in Aruba every year, and they always stay there.  Sorry, I don't know how prices compare to Sandals, but Aruba was awesome.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

FI and I are staying at Divi for 5 nights (other 5 nights at the Hyatt). Anyway, the Divi is very affordable. Check it out!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Great choices, Peonie, not only in hotels, but areas of the island.  5 days of peace, quiet, and privacy on Eagle Beach at the Divi and 5 days of bustle and shared excitement on Palm Beach at the Hyatt.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

In Response to All Inclusives:
    Does anyone have any feedback or recommendations on all inclusive resorts for our honeymoon?   At the moment, Sandals is out of our price range.  We're looking at the Excellence Resort in P*nta Cana (every review we've read has been excellent, no pun intended!) but would welcome other suggestions. We'd be leaving 10/24 and coming home on 10/30! (For some reason I can't write the U in P*nta Cana!  B.com doesnt' like it!)
    Posted by Rapunzel41

Someone I work with went there in May and they loved loved loved it.  I've seen some pictures of the beach and it looks amazing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mezzogal1124. Show mezzogal1124's posts

Let me preface this by saying that the one all-inclusive resort I've ever stayed at was not as classy as the Excellence Resort on P*unta Cana appears to be!  However, my experience (and my friends' and family's experiences as well) points to a general lack of food and drink quality at all-inclusives. Where I stayed, the cocktails were watered down, the ingredients weren't all that fresh, etc.  If you're not a foodie, no problem, but if such things matter to you (and they very much do to me), I'd caution you against all-inclusives unless the reviews all sound extremely positive. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I found the food in Aruba to be pretty awful, anyway, actually - I must have gone to the wrong places, but my DH's favorite meal we had there was from Subway.  I LOVE traveling if just for the food so it was a big disappointment.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Another recommendation is the Grand Iberia Star Bavaro.  Not sure what your budget is, but I know someone who went with her husband for about 5K.  Said it was beautiful, she has mean to the DR three times and this was the best place.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I checked out some all inclusives in the Dominican and they looked gorgeous!!  I've heard great things from people who have been.

DH really wanted to go to Turks & Caicos, so we went to Club Med on Providenciales.  It was nowhere near as luxurious as the places I had looked at in DR, but the reviews for the food, beach, and activities were great and they lived up to our exepectations.

Sandals was out of our budget too, at least at that time of year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

My hubby and I stayed at both Excellence resorts this past April for vacation (Riviera Cancun and Playa Mujeres- about 30 min apart) and they were amazing.  The Mujeres location has a more modern/sleek feel but they are both gorgeous.  

We have 2 friends who both went to the Riviera location for their honeymoons and loved it.  I haven't been to the PC location but hopefully just as amazing!!   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I have to disagree and find the food in Aruba to be very good if you go to the right place.  There are many fine dining places that are fabulous and a few less expensive.  I do not recommend doing an all inclusive in Aruba for that reason.  I have been to Aruba quite a few times and think the only bad meal we had was at El Gaucho which everyone will tell you to go to.  If you enjoy fine food and drink that place is not one to go to.  The big food store in Aruba also has some great stuff for snacks and lunches.

My husband and I not done an all inclusive as of yet but are not necessarily opposed. Issue is we would only do a 5-star for both the food and service.  They tend to be very pricey. We also enjoy taking part in the local flavor.  Now with that said there are some islands where an all inclusive is the really the only option for safety reasons.

I think you really need to decide where you want to go and make your choice from there.

Sorry this really did answer or help you as you asked for all inclusive recommendations.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I ate OK in Aruba, but the local specialties weren't my favorites.  That and Korean are the only foods I haven't been too keen on.  That's not to say that no one else will like Korean or Aruba (what's the adjective for Aruba?) food.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from emma143. Show emma143's posts

Kar, then you did not go to the right places. Driftwoods, Flying Fishbone, Bucaneers, Madam Janettes, El Gaucho, etc, etc, etc....are all SO good.

Aruba is known for their fish, as they are an island and get some extremely fresh fish. El Gaucho is known for Argentinian beef, which is incredible. Madam Janette was some of the best Italian food I have ever had.

You need to go back!

ETA: My husband and I went when were were engaged and actually rented a cottage with another couple, which was nice. We went for 8 nights, and 4 of those nights we went grocery shopping and cooked at home, and the other 4 nights ate out. Aruba's grocery shops are much like ours.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I agree 100%.  I actually did not eat or place that specialized in Korean food.
    Gianni's, Sole Mare, Blossom's, Madame Janette's............... just thinking about those places is making me hungry.    That is to just name a few of my favorite that we eat at each time we go.  I have not been to Madame Janette's in a year but the head chef was killed in a car crash this past Feb, tragic.  I have heard that the owner had trained him so hopefully the new head chef will be just as good.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hopefully, we will go back soon so we can try the GOOD places to eat!  We did have one good local meal at the Bucuti's restaurant, the Pirate's Nest.  It was the 5 course dinner on the beach that came with the honeymoon package.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I think Club Med is having a sale right now if you want to check out all of their places in the Caribbean.  I know they have a few others, in addition to the Turks & Caicos.  One or two have been re-done recently, but unfortunately I forget which ones.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stacyg. Show Stacyg's posts

We honeymooned (5/17/10) at Divi in Aruba and absolutely loved it and plan on going back for our 1 yr anniv.  Looked into Excellence Resort in P*nta Cana as well, but liked the freedom of being able to leave the resort in Aruba, which we were advised NOT to do in P Cana.  Have no complaints at all about Divi.

Sections
Shortcuts