Anyone else counting down the days?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Re: Anyone else counting down the days?

Yeah...well as you can probably notice, I'm sort of a spazz and type way too fast...I'll have to remember to proof-read my posts from now on...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

FI and I are doing our honeymoon a little bit after the wedding.  Since the thought of going on vacation the day after our wedding puts me into full panic mode, we decided to do our honeymoon later on.  We're getting married 8/8 and leaving for our honeymoon on 10/1.  I kind of like the fact that once life gets back to normal after the wedding, we still have something to look forward to!

We're also heading to a very odd place for a honeymoon...Chicago.  But, it makes sense.  Neither FI or I are beach people, but we love being in the city.  We decided to pick a city that neither of us had been to and would love to see, so Chicago it was.  We've picked the restaurants we want to try, the sites we want to see, we already have our Cubs tickets, and we're going to try for Bears tickets since they'll be in town that weekend!  It's a slightly different destination for a honeymoon, but so us!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

FI and I are doing our honeymoon a little bit after the wedding.  ...
    Posted by kmt09

kmt, I'm surprised more couples don't wait - wedding planning is so stressful, and the wedding day itself so exhausting.  You'll have a great, time. I'm a foodie, too, so picking Chicagoan restaurants to try for a honeymoon sounds awesome.  The ONLY thing we didn't care for in Aruba was the food...it was very salty (and I'm not averse, in general, to a decent amount of salt), and the spices were "eh" <shrug />

Have a great time, and if anyone gives you an odd look about putting it off, say your honeymoon is actually 2 1/2 months long, not "put off."  :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

So envious of Fram right now!  What a drizzly day here in NE...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

I am going to a wedding on July 4th and the bride and groom are leaving for the airport at 4AM to make their 6AM flight the morning after their wedding. I was like uhhhh, seriously?? I can't even imagine that. They are going to be EXHAUSTED. But to each their own. And Kmt, Chicago is awesome, you have to go to the zoo there, it is so fun and really very beautiful.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

I am going to a wedding on July 4th and the bride and groom are leaving for the airport at 4AM to make their 6AM flight the morning after their wedding. I was like uhhhh, seriously?? I can't even imagine that. They are going to be EXHAUSTED. But to each their own. And Kmt, Chicago is awesome, you have to go to the zoo there, it is so fun and really very beautiful.
    Posted by lizinboston

Liz, that's what I've heard from everyone that's been to Chicago.  Funny you mention the zoo, because that's the one thing I told FI that we absolutely HAVE to do!  We're both big sports fans so the Cubs and Bears games were a no-brainer.  And he's already picked Prime Steakhouse and Giordano's for dinner.  Since you and Kar have been there, definitely let me know if you have any other ideas for places to see or restaurants to try!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

KMT - awesome plan to wait a bit before the honeymoon!  That was torture for me to leave, even 2 days later.  People were starting to post pictures when we left.  I couldn't wait to look at them, I just wasn't ready for the wedding part to be over.  But DH was right, they were all still there when we got back :)

And Chicago is great!  If you're baseball fans, I would recommend checking out the Billy Goat Tavern it's got great history for the Cubs & from the old SNL skit (cheezburger, cheezburger, cheezeburger!)  Even if you just stop in for a beer, it's pretty cool. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Well I went when I was like 14, but I remember the zoo being awesome. But my friends husband is from Chi-town and goes there every year and loves it. You'll have a blast!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Hi Liz!
    We stayed at the Club Med Turkoise on Providenciales in the Turks & Caicos.  The rooms are not what I would picture for a honeymoon, but we knew that from reading reviews on tripadvisor.  We paid a great price for 7 nights all-inclusive on an amazing beach, so we weren't too concerned about the rooms.  Those are only for sleeping :o)  I will admit, though, that a balcony and hot tub would have been lovely.  The water was so blue and calm and just the right temperature and the sand was soft and white.  We spent most of our time there!
    The all-inclusive price includes drinks, meals at the buffet (great food), and a "fine dining" restaurant that is open three nights a week, as well as snorkeling, sailing, windsurfing, various sports and fitness classes, trapeze, nightly entertainment and dancing.
    There isn't all that much to do on the island so going to a place with night life was key.  Once again that worked best for us because we knew from experience that we wouldn't feel like leaving the resort.  We did walk down the beach to go to a nice restaurant one night and to go to souvenir shops one afternoon.  We also did an included sailing trip to "Iguana Island" which felt like an excursion - except it was "free"!

Hope that helps! 
    There is also Grand Turks island which is where the cruise ships land.  It might have more shopping and restaurants, but I'm not sure.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

We left on Monday instead of the day after... which was good because we hadn't packed a thing!  It worked out well.  We had time to do brunch with some family and friends, get home, open presents, run a couple errands, and pack pack pack.  I still ended up getting only 3 hours sleep before we headed to the airport!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Hi Fra-

That's awesome! I am glad you had a good time. I have heard that Turks and Caicos is good for relaxing and is a little more quiet, but it seemed like that's exactly what you and DH wanted! I have always wanted to go there. I am glad you had a great honeymoon :)

Sections
Shortcuts