Aruba honemoon

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Re: Aruba honemoon

I've heard that the Marriott Stellaris is awesome. My boyfriend and I LOVE Westins because they have awesome beds, but I don't know much about the Westin in Aruba.

The only thing I know is that the Westin is older than the Marriott. I would check reviews on Tripadvisor.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

The Marriott was just redone in the past year or so and really nice.  I don't think you can go wrong at the Marriott. It is the last hotel at the end of the beach.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scrabulous. Show scrabulous's posts

Hey ladies,

I know a bunch of people have gone on vacations/honeymoons to Aruba.  FI and I saw non-stop flights on Jetblue and the times were perfect for us, so we booked them.  We still need our hotel, though.  I know lots of you have stayed at Bucuti Beach/Divi.  I had my heart set on Bucuti Beach, thinking the low-rise area sounded more like what we had in mind.  We're not really interested in going out clubbing or anything like that.  Just want a quiet beach, beautiful scenery, and good food. 

Any thoughts one way or the other before we book our hotel? 

Thanks!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Hi Scrab,

If you want a nice, quiet hotel, a gorgeous beach and good food, than I think the Bucuti is perfect for you. After reading Kar's reviews, I can't think of a hotel that would work better for you, except maybe the Amsterdam Manor, although I don't know much about their beach. Bucuti is on Eagle beach, and I can tell you first hand that Eagle is by far the best beach on Aruba. It is quiet, GORGEOUS, relaxing....I have attached a photo of the beach a long with this post.

If you want delicious food, may I suggest these restaurants to you:
    - The Flying Fishbone. Absolutely delicious seafood. Your tables are literally right on the sand, or maybe even in the water! It is just so romantic and the scenery is unbelievable. http://www.flyingfishbone.com/

- El Gaucho. Amazing steak from Argentina. Gorgeous restaurant right in downtown Oranjstead. Delicious, fun, and great atmosphere. http://www.elgaucho-aruba.com/

- Buccaneers. Great seafood. Really cool atmosphere, almost like an aquarium with beautiful Caribbean sea life all around you. It is a little out of the way, kind of in the suburbs, but definitley worth the trip!! http://www.buccaneeraruba.com/

Those are the places that we ate off the resort. I hope this helps! The Aruba travel website also has a great listing of their restaurants. I love Aruba because it is a totally safe island and you can venture off your resort and eat at all types of places. The cabs are reasonable and the drivers are really nice. Good luck, let me know if you have any more questions!

http://www.aruba.com/

Eagle Beach

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Mm, I didn't look at this thread originally because I can't comment on those hotels (Palm Beach), but Liz's picture is a good representation of Eagle Beach.  There are also shade huts behind where she was standing as well as a demure full bar at each of the hotels' beaches.  It's truly as quiet and peaceful as her picture implies on Eagle.

But, those hotels in the thread title are on Palm Beach, and all the high rises share that beach so it's crowded with beach hustle and bustle.

As Liz says, the cabs are reasonable, but the buses are super duper cheap (under $1) and easy, too, if you want to save even more.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Oh yes, the huts!! Here is a picture of those:

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Great pictures, Liz!  We didn't bring our camera as I find it to be a PITA to fuss with, but sometimes I wish I'd taken it and just used it for an hour or so then locked it in the safe.  Next time we will.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from marls27. Show marls27's posts

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!  We decided to go with the Westin because we got a good deal at AAA. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yay, marls!!!  You'll be thrilled, I'm sure.

Scrab, when you book the Bucuti, ask (demand) a room in the center of the hallway so you don't get kept up at night by the doors at the end of the hallways...they slam shut quite obnoxiously.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Marls, good choice. Westins have awesome beds.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from staci1. Show staci1's posts

we are going to Aruba as well.. I work for Marriott.... so I get a discount.. we are staying at the Renaissaince(SP)... can't wait what month are you going?  We are going in the early part of September!!! Can't wait!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

This thread is a sweet reminder of the best week of my entire life!  DH's, too...he was afraid he'd be "too hot," "bored on the beach," "missing home," etc. but he was talking about our next trip to Aruba before we even left, and he hasn't stopped.

All that to say, ladies, GREAT CHOICE of honeymoon destinations!!!!!!!  You'll be so thrilled you picked it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from scrabulous. Show scrabulous's posts

Thanks for all the feedback, and the photos, Liz!  We were 99% set on Bucuti, but I just wanted to hear one more time how great it is!  I think we'll be booking soon.  And Kar, thanks for the good tip about asking for a room in the middle of the hallway.  Does anyone have thoughts on which part of the hotel to stay--the Tara beach suites, etc? 

Thanks again!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We were at the Bucuti proper so I don't know exactly, but it looked like the Tara was about the same to me.  It's where the free breakfast spread is for both hotels, and it's also where the spa is for both.  They seem like just two buidlings for the same resort.  They are steps away from each other, and so you can use the spa and breakfast, your Bucuti key works to get you into the Tara.  Maybe the rooms are different - that seems like it would be the only difference if any.