Bikini wax plus...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Bikini wax plus...

Hi, ladies,

I'm liking the new poll feature here so let's do one!  Vote below!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Re: Bikini wax plus...

I'm way too much of a wuss. And I have really sensitive skin. OUCH.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]I'm way too much of a wuss. And I have really sensitive skin. OUCH.
    Posted by amschnittger[/QUOTE]

You gotta go back and vote for #1! 

I have sensitive skin, too, and for some reason this doesn't bother me.  I get bumps for about a week after, but then they go away (if I don't irritate them) and I'm smooth for 3 more weeks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

No, I dont agree w/ #1. :-) hahaha.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I voted Kar, to be a good sport :o) 
    I personally am more excited about getting the underarms waxed before the wedding.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ams, what should I have put so you could vote?  It doesn't look like you can edit a poll once you post it, though.

Fram, you ARE a good sport, thanks for voting!  I never minded shaving under my arms, and was afraid of a reaction to antiperspirant after waxing.  And, I didn't ever want to let it grow out far enough to make waxing possible.  Let me know how it goes!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

I'm an old fashioned shave and trim kind of gal. :-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

What kind of pain are we talking for bikini waxing and brazilians? Is this going to be a 40-Year-Old Virgin episode?

I definitely don't agree with #1, but the rest scare me. Laughing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

I found waxing to be less painful than I expected.

Kar- Tendskin is a great way to get rid of those bumps! But wait a day before applying it. It works wonders for razor bumps as well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I have waxed my underarms twice - once at home and once at the spa.  It hurts more than eyebrows or bikini, but it's not so bad.  I just didn't wear deodorant that day - before or after.  Only applied baby powder after.  No problem other than some soreness on the day of.  Ugggg I'll probably have to start letting it grow soon-ish.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

WhirledPeas, it's really not bad, and as you learned from my "cut thumb" thread I'm the biggeset baby EVER.  I found it hurts less when I do it myself (psychological? maybe, but I'll take it) than when I got it done at the salon.  I'd say go for it and see how it feels.  You'll either have a somewhat painful experience that you don't mind so much or one that you just wouldn't do again.  Nothing so bad as to leave you writhing in pain for hours.  Regardless of how bad it is, it only lasts a second per strip and doesn't take more than 15 minutes to have it all done by a salon.  (No, I can't imagine it hurting anyone so much as in the 40 Year Old Virgin!!)

Pink - you know ALL the best products!  I'll be sure to give that one a whirl.  The Mederma tip completely makes me look like a liar about my cut - it's like it never happened, and I've only been applying it for 3 weeks, not the 8 it recommends.

Ams, I should have thought of that option!

Fram, thanks for the underarm info.  I shave there just about every day; it would be nice to skip it.  I fantasize about getting laser treatment, but that's so costly it's just a dream.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

I voted #1, but that's not entirely true.  I shave and trim, but I don't wax.  I'm too much of a baby!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Shoot, I messed up the poll design and can't edit it.

Let's assume #1 covers any non-waxing options, as well.

Sorry!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

It's ok kar, we forgive you...this time Wink

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

100% agree that underarms are the most painful pace to wax. It's also the only place that if I wax it, it bleeds a little. I made the mistake of sweeping on some deororant right after, YEOWCH!

[QUOTE]I have waxed my underarms twice - once at home and once at the spa.  It hurts more than eyebrows or bikini, but it's not so bad.  I just didn't wear deodorant that day - before or after.  Only applied baby powder after.  No problem other than some soreness on the day of.  Ugggg I'll probably have to start letting it grow soon-ish.
    Posted by framerican51008[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

I'm glad it's working so quickly! I've found it's usually the products not advertised on television or magazines actually do what they're supposed to do :) They put their money into research, rather than advertising and packaging.

[QUOTE]Pink - you know ALL the best products!  I'll be sure to give that one a whirl.  The Mederma tip completely makes me look like a liar about my cut - it's like it never happened, and I've only been applying it for 3 weeks, not the 8 it recommends.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]It's ok kar, we forgive you...this time
    Posted by NorthernLghts[/QUOTE]

Aw, thanks, NL. <blush />Wink

Pink, how do you have the skinny on all the best skin care products - was it all Sephora?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

yup, Sephora shipped me off to NYC for a week of beauty bootcamp, I learned all about skin care and makeup. And every other week brands would come in to talk to us about their products. We often got free samples so we could see for ourselves what works and what doesn't. Talking to brand reps also gets you the dirt on the competeing product lines. This taught me a lot about ingredients and the technology behind the products. It made it easy to read a label, and know if that product is going to do what it claims, and wether it's worth the asking price.
    If you have the time and you're interested, go to your local library and check out a copy of Milady's Skincare and Cosmetic Ingredient Dictionary. Sephora kept a copy in each store, I'd spend my breaks flipping through it and reading about ingredients. Like: did you know that Talc is often used in some "mineral makeup" and powders as a filler, but that it clogs your pores? It's one of the first things I look for when checking out powders.

[QUOTE]Aw, thanks, NL. <blush /> Pink, how do you have the skinny on all the best skin care products - was it all Sephora?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]yup, Sephora shipped me off to NYC for a week of beauty bootcamp, I learned all about skin care and makeup. And every other week brands would come in to talk to us about their products. We often got free samples so we could see for ourselves what works and what doesn't. Talking to brand reps also gets you the dirt on the competeing product lines. This taught me a lot about ingredients and the technology behind the products. It made it easy to read a label, and know if that product is going to do what it claims, and wether it's worth the asking price. If you have the time and you're interested, go to your local library and check out a copy of Milady's Skincare and Cosmetic Ingredient Dictionary. Sephora kept a copy in each store, I'd spend my breaks flipping through it and reading about ingredients. Like: did you know that Talc is often used in some "mineral makeup" and powders as a filler, but that it clogs your pores? It's one of the first things I look for when checking out powders.
    Posted by pinkkittie18[/QUOTE]

Wow, what a program - no wonder you are our go-to girl for all things skin care.  Yeah, I knew about talc, but I have a lot to learn.  Instead of getting that book, though, I think I'll be lazy and just ask you, OK?  :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

okay, it's a deal :)

[QUOTE]Wow, what a program - no wonder you are our go-to girl for all things skin care.  Yeah, I knew about talc, but I have a lot to learn.  Instead of getting that book, though, I think I'll be lazy and just ask you, OK?  :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

I am a brazilian girl and an underarm waxer.  I find brows the most painful thing to get done... yet still, I persist.  The things we do in the name of beauty! 

ETA - I do leave a small "landing strip", but ALL the rest comes off.... I think not having anything there is sort of creepy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

If I'm going tot he beach I go all bare. DH doesn't care what it looks like as long as he gets to see it every once in while ;)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Cool, thanks for the input!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I am a lover of waxing!  I have been waxing my underarms (yes, myself) for the last 15 years.  It's the best way to avoid bumps, ingrowns, etc.  I go to get my bikini waxed professionally.  I can only do the sides/underneath on my own.  But, I did vote - bare all the way, baby!!  It's the best way to go, ladies. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Wow Goodness!!  Waxing your own underarms!!  I tried it... got halfway done with the left one and realized I couldn't possibly finish and do my own right underarm (right handed).  Had to call my sister to come finish.  Thank goodness for sisters who live nearby.
    I don't mind waxing that much in general.  You get used to it.  Laser hair removal would be wonderful though.  We'll see what my bank balance looks like after the wedding!

Sections
Shortcuts