Bikini wax plus...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Re: Bikini wax plus...

Fra, once you get used to it, it's easy to wax your underarms.  I'm a righty, and can do it with my left hand just fine.  It used to take me a while when I first started, but now I'm in and out in under 5 minutes.  It's worth it.  I feel that waxing is the way to go.  You don't have to worry about the hair growing in all stubbly and having to worry about shaving your underarms every day. 

I would do laser if it weren't so expensive!!  At least on my bikini.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

I love waxing I wish I had the money to do it often...because I'm too chicken to do it myself!

I learned that applying baby oil after shaving or wax helps to keep the red bumps away!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Made an appointment for underarms, legs, and bikini!  Can't wait!  And the salon/spa has a coupon right now for first time clients so I get 50% off.  Niiiiiiiiice! 
    Only drawback is I have to do it all on the same day.  I wanted to do bikini first and then the other two a few days later.  Something tells me my endorphins or whatever are going to be used up and whatever they do last will HURT.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Hey Fra - congrats!  Sounds like the salon issue has worked itself out too  :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

oh, there's always a missed spot... It's so much easier for another person to get it, it's like a cruel trick!

[QUOTE]Whatever they do last will actually feel better because of the endorphins.  The first waxed area will cause the endorphins to flow and you'll have that natural pain killer in your system for the rest of it. I actually waxed my own Brazillian yesterday!  Now, that HURT REALLY BAD!!!!! And, what's worse, I couldn't quite get it all, uh, where it was harder to reach, and now I think I need to go to a salon and get fixed.  Good luck, Fram!!!
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I tried waxing my own legs once, got halfway through one and all of the endorphins had run out!!  BUT the salon is much different.  They will be quicker with bigger strips so I HOPE it will be fine :o)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Yeah, they usually recommend cold wax so that no one goes burning their business down there. But, some folks swear by it. It just depends. I don't know how anyone could get the skin taught in some of those places. Makes you wish that Nair stuff was safe to use in that area.

[QUOTE]Thanks, my friend.  It was awful.  I truly thought, "I can't do another strip," but I kept going, screaming every time.  Yes, like in 40 Year Old Virgin...worse.  I can't get the skin taught enough at the bad angles.  You know?  Yikes, I can't believe I did what I did.  I've just read that cold wax works much better for Brazilian waxing.  Oh, well.  Too late now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

it's like getting a shot, you've just got to psych yourself up and keep thinking "The pain doesn't last, the results will!"

Can somebody invent a cheap laser-removal option already? I'll be the 1st in line!

[QUOTE]I tried waxing my own legs once, got halfway through one and all of the endorphins had run out!!  BUT the salon is much different.  They will be quicker with bigger strips so I HOPE it will be fine :o)
    Posted by framerican51008[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

The salon I go to get my brazillian done uses a warm wax... somewhere in between a cold and hot wax.  It's the best thing.  Plus, she's so quick, I barely notice.  I'd say I'm in an out in about 15 minutes.  Totally worth it to go there rather than hassling trying to do it myself.  I can do my own underarms, but bikini is difficult for those tough to reach spots.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

where do you go? I just found out I'll be going to Florida in June and I want to go to a salon so that  I can get it done quick a day or two before.

[QUOTE]The salon I go to get my brazillian done uses a warm wax... somewhere in between a cold and hot wax.  It's the best thing.  Plus, she's so quick, I barely notice.  I'd say I'm in an out in about 15 minutes.  Totally worth it to go there rather than hassling trying to do it myself.  I can do my own underarms, but bikini is difficult for those tough to reach spots.
    Posted by Goodness1[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Framerican...I want to get the underarms waxed for the wedding/honeymoon but I am too scared. Does it really hurt??? I just don't want to have to deal with the chance of getting any sort od razor bumps at all the day of the wedding. Where do you go??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Danielle44. Show Danielle44's posts

If anyone's thinking of doing it but worried about the pain, you should find a place that does warm waxing.  I think there are some places on Newbury street that do it that way...and they are not that expensive if you are only doing bikini and not brazilian.  I used to go to a place that was $30, I think. 
    Also, I agree about the Tend Skin.  Definitely helps with the bumps....but it's super expensive!!@!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

[QUOTE]If anyone's thinking of doing it but worried about the pain, you should find a place that does warm waxing.  I think there are some places on Newbury street that do it that way...and they are not that expensive if you are only doing bikini and not brazilian.  I used to go to a place that was $30, I think.  Also, I agree about the Tend Skin.  Definitely helps with the bumps....but it's super expensive!!@!
    Posted by Danielle44[/QUOTE]

I have never been to a place that didn't use warm wax.
    I heard Tend Skin is either being discontinued or replaced with another product.  I love it for the rare ingrown or bumps.  If you like it I suggest buying a big bottle.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Danielle44. Show Danielle44's posts

[QUOTE]I have never been to a place that didn't use warm wax. I heard Tend Skin is either being discontinued or replaced with another product.  I love it for the rare ingrown or bumps.  If you like it I suggest buying a big bottle.
    Posted by allreadymarried[/QUOTE]

That's interesting.  In LA, all the places I've been to are hot wax, not warm wax. 
    Perhaps I'm using the terms incorrectly.  I think of hot wax as the kind where they use a strip of material to pull it off and warm wax as the kind where they don't.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

[QUOTE]If I'm going tot he beach I go all bare. DH doesn't care what it looks like as long as he gets to see it every once in while ;)
    Posted by pinkkittie18[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHAHA, this just made me crack up.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Hi Liz!  If you ask me, waxing isn't so bad.  It hurts for like 10 seconds after they rip off the strip.  But I'm lucky - I don't get redness or bumps or irritation - not even in the bikini area.  For my underarms a couple weeks ago, the woman used like two strips on each so it was really quick.  I went to Laschi Salon in Reading.  My first time there.  It was great except the bikini wax was kind of a hack job and I had to make it symmetrical when I got home.  (Luckily I had a waxing kit from CVS that I usually use.)

You will still have some hair because your hair grows in cycles and even though much of it will be long and pulled off, some of it will be shorter and won't come off.  So I did have to shave my legs and underarms a couple of times on the honeymoon.  But they look SO much better.  What I was shaving was like 1/4 the amount of hair I would usually be shaving! And even if I had let it go, it probably wouldn't have been very visible.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

[QUOTE]Hi, ladies, I'm liking the new poll feature here so let's do one!  Vote below!

It's all about giving. Not sure my vote should count (I was registered by ACCORN) but I went with ALL. Certainly not all the time but more so for something special.

I'm Barak Obama and I approve this... this... thingie.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Ohhh, are you male or female?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

[QUOTE]Ohhh, are you male or female?
    Posted by Sept2010Bride[/QUOTE]

I'm statistically a member of the minority.. on this thread and across the nation.

Hope I didn't offend.

Sections
Shortcuts