Booking Hawaii?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 91909Bride. Show 91909Bride's posts

Booking Hawaii?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

Booking Hawaii?

Maybe I'll see you there. We will be on our second honeymoon on Waikiki in September. No island hopping. Waikiki comes with a beach, good bars, a great steak house and shops. Works for us!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kate533. Show kate533's posts

Booking Hawaii?

We would LOVE to go to Hawaii in September for our HM. I have seen some great deals on travelocity but can't figure out how to do two islands online. So, we are thinking we'll have to go to a travel agent. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Travel agent vs. online vendor? We are definintely working within a budget so a condo may be an option too but it seems like booking the airfare with the hotel through travelocity or something is A LOT cheaper. Again, any thoughts or travel agent recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 91909Bride. Show 91909Bride's posts

Booking Hawaii?

MY FI and I are going to Maui and Kauai and we are doing most of the planning ourselves. But, we were having the HARDEST time finding a good deal online - but then tried GreatHawaiiVacations.com, and they seemed to have the best prices. My future cousin in law also booked a Hawaii vacation through them for August and got a great deal. We were able to splurge a little on Kauai since my MIL gifted us her timeshare on Maui for the week.

They recommend Hawaiian Airlines for booking inter-island flights. The Grand Hyatt in Kauai is running this awesome "upgrade" deal where if you book a partial view room, you also get the 5th night free, free breakfast for two each day, and an upgrade to ocean view deluxe room! Plus the agent got us a midsize car included in the price!

But it was still the best deal we could find. Check out the Grand Hyatt...it looked AWESOME! SO EXCITED TO GO! Good luck planning!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pl33. Show pl33's posts

Booking Hawaii?

We booked our honeymoon in Hawaii through the Pleasant Holidays website. It worked for us because the site gives you alternative choices to your picks and substituting was really easy- so, for instance, you could plug in a different hotel and see if the price differential was worth it. We did three islands, and were able to do hotels, car, & planes all in one swoop. The only thing we didn't do on the site was a condo in Maui (which we would highly recommend doing for one island, if for nothing else than it had a washer/dryer).

Otherwise, if you're a member of AAA it might be worth chatting with one of their travel agents. For us, we preferred doing it online.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Booking Hawaii?

We did not use a travel agent just used american airlines to book hotels and air fare. We would have done the expedia route and but AA was cheaper. It was fairly easy we picked the two hotels on the two islands we wanted and then booked the flight through the airlines that flies between the islands as well. For us, we did not need to pay a travel agent.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Carey906. Show Carey906's posts

Booking Hawaii?

From experience, I find that online TAs are better. One of my friends who works at a TA leaked that they pretty much just search through the online vendors for their customers and taking a pretty sweet cut as the middleman in the mean time.

I especially like bookit.com because it gives you the prices packages of different destinations based on the home airport you select.