CAT ferry???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from starfish1979. Show starfish1979's posts

CAT ferry???

Hello!!!
    I need some advice from anyone who has ever taken the CAT!!! My hubby and I would like to take a short trip up Canada-wards, but I'm researching the packages on the CAT Ferry website and I can't quite figure out what I'd want to do. It looks like the best packages are to Yarmouth, but it doesn't seem like there's a whole lot to see in Yarmouth. Does anyone have experience doing this?? What would you recommend seeing/doing??

Thank you!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: CAT ferry???

Well, guess not many of us have been to Yarmouth, but here is their travel site; I see it has an "Attractions" tab...maybe this will help?

Yarmouth Nova Scotia

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Unless you want to take the CAT for the experience, your better bet would be to drive to Canada or  take a cheap flight.  The CAT is super expensive. I picked up a brochure for it when we were in Bar Harbor last summer [b/c we thought we'd take it this summer out of Portland to save the drive up to Bar Harbor this summer] and we were floored at the prices.  I'm sure you could find a cheap flight to Canada or just drive up for far less than what you would pay to take the CAT.  Nova Scotia, PE and Montreal are supposed to be great.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from starfish1979. Show starfish1979's posts

thanks so much alf - one question, where have you been staying in bar harbor?? my new iea is to just go there instead, but i can't decide on a hotel!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

We stayed [and are staying next month] at the Wonderview Inn & Suites. It's nothing fancy, but it's clean, very convenient, and has great views.  They have a great package deal that we are doing for 3 nights that includes breakfast and 1 dinner.  They are right on the free bus route to downtown [as are most of the hotels on Eden Street].  The bus is fantastic b/c it's clean, easy, and you don't have to worry about finding parking, which can be a total pain, esp at night.  The bus does have bike racks, but it's easier to drive to the park w/ your bikes, if that's something that interests you [you can rent them downtown].  There is tons to do downtown. We are planning on biking through Acadia again, and maybe trying some horseback riding if we can find a decent place [DH doesn't ride and I haven't been in about 7-8 years, so we'll see how that goes].  It's a really fun, beautiful [breathtaking really] place. 

BTW, the one negative of the Wonderview is that they don't have coffee in the rooms.  They do have lots of it for free in the lobby, but it can be a pain in the AM to walk over to the lobby.  This may not be a problem for most normal people, but as I mentioned in another thread, I am a serious caffeine addict and I need a jolt in the AM.  lol. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from starfish1979. Show starfish1979's posts

thank you so much alf!

Sections
Shortcuts