Deals for Disney World?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Deals for Disney World?

I won't be booking anything yet, but am hoping to go to Disney World at the beginning of 2010.  Does anyone know of a good site or have any tips for getting a good deal?  I imagine there must be some deals out there with the economy as it is...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Re: Deals for Disney World?

Fra, that is where the FI and I are going for our HM, so if you find anything out, let me know!!!!!! I know the Dine around Disney id good. You get one snack, one service meal and one sit down meal at over 100 restaurants for free if you get the package, don't know a lot about it though. We will keep each other updated :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jag27. Show jag27's posts

Disney directly is offering some great deals!
    My dad took my brother's family to Disney in April and booked directly with them.  They rented a cabin at Fort Wilderness and got a 7 night package at the cost of 4 nights, which included airfare.  For a total of 5 people it was just under $3500.

I've also seen packages where they included the food/dining package at no cost.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

The deals through Disney are really good right now, as the parks aren't doing so well.
    I also recommend the Disney dining package, and the only suggestion I have is, after staying at an economy hotel in the park, I was disappointed. You're better off spending a few dollars more for the upgraded hotels.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

We are going to stay at the Polynesian Resort. The value ones (All-Star and Pop Century) are loud and full of kids EVERYWHERE! Fra...right now they have some serious deals going on, so they could very well in 2010, but who knows...keep your fingers crossed!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Thanks for the info so far!!  Now I'm trying to figure out when we should go, when we want to get pregnant, when busy season starts at work...  My nephew will turn 12 before we know it so I really want to take him before he's too old!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Fra, October is a good time apparently. I was doing some research tonight about it because FI and I are getting married third weekend of Sept 2010, and we might decide to hold off the HM until the second or third week of Oct. Apparently it is good weather (80's and not as rainy) and the crowds are very minimal, due to school being in session.

This may not work for your nephew though (him being in school and all) I can say this, if you go during school vacation the crowds are insane and the lines can be up to 2+ hours long. And if you go in the summer months, June-August, it can be VERY hot...as you know!

Just some tips :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

October IS a fabulous time of year to go to FL.  No rain, nice and warm.

I agree with the others who said to go directly to Disney for the best deals.  I've seen ads that look great.  They were running a 7 for the price of 4 days for a long time so hopefully that will be around next year.  I don't expect the economy to be any better any time soon so the upside of that, of course, is Disney will be practically desperate to get you there!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Kar, my SO is bringing me to Disney World the week of Oct 12th this year for my 27th birthday!!! I said it! I am not ashamed that I am going to DW for my 27th! So excited :) I am happy that Oct is a good month for it!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Any more Disney tips?  I've been looking at allears.net which is a website my travel agent suggested.  There is just way too much info out there!!!!!
    We're hoping to go in March, so I need to get crackin' on the plans.  As of now, there would be 7 of us, but it could wittle down to 4 once we get the pricing.
    Liz- you went recently - any tips??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

My most recent trip is not all that recent any more but I went with my sister and her husband to help out with 3 kids with the youngest being 18 months old.  The item she found most useful in planning was the Birnbaum Travel Guides.  I think it really helped in our situation with the kids.  They had tips like when entering the park which way to go to avoid the most lines etc.  Also tips on getting though security/gate and what could and could not be brought into the park.  You could see if you can get it from your library or order it yourself.  My sister borrowed hers from a friend and was a year old when we went so I don't think you need the most up to date version but I would go with one that is close.

Sections
Shortcuts