Disneymoon?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Disneymoon?

So, my FI has never been to Disney and wants to go really badly, and we just don't have the time/money to go before our wedding. Last night we were talking about our honeymoon and I suggested going to Disney World. We were toying with Aruba because we love it there, but I want to go somewhere new. I have not been to Disney since I was 16, and I am now 26. We are getting married in September, so it won't be too hot then and not a lot of kids because it is the beginning of school.

FI thought it was a great idea! Have any of you gone for your HM? Is it too childish? I have heard that The Polynesian Resort has honeymoon packages to make it feel more "adult-likeWhat are your opinions??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Re: Disneymoon?

I have been with my husband no kids recently and we had a blast.  Surprisingly there is a lot to do as adults and all the Disney attractions as well.  We stayed in a Disney timeshare.  I did see a lot of people there on their honeymoon because they were wearing bride/groom ears and buttons. I think they looked a bit ridiculous but that is just my opinion.  I would say go for it but skip the ears and buttons.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

yeah the hats are a little ridiculous! And Disney is so much different than it was 10 years ago, I am dying to go back!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

One of my sisters went for her honeymoon.  She had a great time.  If you like theme parks/amusement parks, go for it! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

OMG, sounds like so much fun!  I haven't been to Disney since I was about 6, and I'd love to go back there sometime.  From what I've read, there are plenty of adult things to do there.  I think you guys would have a blast if you went there on your honeymoon!  Actually, if FI and I didn't decide to do a sports-themed, big city vacation, Disney would have been our next choice.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

I think we are def going to do it. We want to go anyway, and it's the perfect time for it, because really the next vacation we are taking will be our honeymoon. I'm excited now!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Hit Wolfgang Puck for dinner in Disney Marketplace and California Grill in the Contemporary, reservations highly recommended as soon as you book your trip.  They book fast! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sounds like a blast -  it's not at all just a kids' place!  August is FL's rainy season, but it only rains for a short time every afternoon.  Duck in somewhere and have a fruity drink.  Epcot Center has adult beverages - "Germany," for instance, if you're into beer...not sure about Disney proper.  :)

I bet you can get some great travel packages, too.  I've seen 7 nights for the price of 4 on TV recently, I think.

Enjoy the anticipation and the trip, Liz!!!

P.S. Disney has a registry if you're interested - I think it's cool unless you need household stuff instead.  Disney Registry

And, here's Disney's honeymoon planner...not that you couldn't find it yourself, but I'm helper, it's what I do. :)  There's a quiz on there; I'm a sucker for quizzes.  Disney's Honeymoon Page

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

That's where I went for my honeymoon in November :-). We stayed in the Animal Kingdom Lodge with a Savana view so we woke up every morning to wild animals outside our door. The wedding ears are a little rediculous I agree, we opted for the buttons that I just put on my bag instead. Also, tell them you are on your honeymoon when you are booking the trip or when you get to the hotel. We got surprised one night with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries and a signed card from Mickey & Minnie. We didn't opt for the dinning plan and did just fine for food. We did one dinner at the Polynesian-Kona Cafe. If you want to eat at a certain restaurant, make reservations in advance. We tried to do Chef Mickey's for the breakfast buffet while we were there and there were no openings the entire week. Also, if you can, get the Disney Visa. You can book the trip with the card and you have 6 months to pay it off. Plus every $1000 you spend on the card you earn Disney Dollars to spend in the park. We got the visa about a year before the trip and charged just about everything (and paid it off every month). We ended up with around $150-$200 to spend and the card they send you works like a debit card/gift card. hmm...ok. what else would you like to know?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Haha, thanks! I am excited, I just think the FI is more worried about there being too many kids. But, we are getting married at the end of Sept, so there won't be as many kids as other times. I can't imagine many kids go then, that is the start of school!

We were looking at the Animal Lodge and the Polynesian Resort. I think what we are going to do is fly into Orlando, stay in Disney for 5 nights/4 days and get the 4-day hopper, so we can go to all of the parks, and then rent a car and drive to Tampa so we can hit the beach for 5 days (best of both worlds!)

I def want to do Italy for dinner one night and Mexico one night, I know you have to make reservations ahead of time. Is it worth it to get the dining plan???

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

We eat out a lot and enjoy finer dining.  We went to Italy in Epcot for dinner and were very disappointed!  I would not recommend at all.  We did eat at Japan and Morocco.  Japan was great Morocco fun for the experience but not the food.  I thought the meal plan was worth it.  Some places to require you to use 2 sit downs and we did alway pay quite a bit more for the sit down dinners as well.  We did have dinner outside the park as well but I can't remember where we went.  I have heard the Canadian Steakhouse if fabulous, we didn't go though. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

What does the meal plan include?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

If I remember correctly for each day you are staying in a Disney resort you get per person:
    1 - snack
    1 - counter service which is basically fast food options in the park. This includes your meal, drink and a dessert
    1 - sit down meal which can be used for dinner or lunch. 

The Disney website under dining will break down all the places to each and what type/offer ie counter or sit down

We had snacks left over and I know a lot of people that have as well.  The last day we went to the market and used them for cookies etc and took them home wiht us.  The dessert each day at lunch is a bit but sometimes fruit is offered so we would get that.  I think it is worth it for the money even with the extra we paid at dinner.
    You have to buy it for the whole time you are in the resort.  It goes on your room key and each time you use it you receive a receipt of what is left.