Hawaii??? Best Islands to visit?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

WED! How are you? Long time, no see. How's the baby doing?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WEDN07. Show WEDN07's posts

We went to Hawaii for our honeymoon (Kauai) and have been to St. John and I would have to say St. John is relatively quaint and peaceful, but there was far more to do in Hawaii. Not to mention that most of St. John is a park so unless you are into beaches and hiking there isn't much to do. You say you are familiar with St. John so I will stop there since you have probably been to St. John.

If you are looking for nightlife then Kauai is probably not the island for you. It is called the "honeymooner's paradise" because it is very romantic, a lush tropical place with lots of great dining options and the nightlife is practically non-existent except for restaurants and hotel bars.

Oahu is basically an interest only for those who want to see Pearl Harbor so if you have no interest cross it off your list.

Maui is gorgeous and a better option than Kauai if you like nightlife or jetskiing/parasailing (both are off limits on Kauai), but if you are all about the clubs, bar scene, etc. the big island of Hawaii is your best bet.

When we went to Kauai a local told me the best of Hawaii can be seen in 12 days, 5 days on Kauai, 5 days on Maui and 2 days on Oahu (again just the 2 days on Oahu for those with an interest in Pearl Harbor). He said the big island is a tourist attraction (very commercial) with lots of big skyscraper hotels and takes away from the tranquility of Hawaii. It does have most of the active volcanoes so if you are interested in those then do go to the Big Island.

If you go to Hawaii seriously consider some time on Kauai. Waimea Canyon and the Na Pali Coast are two things every person must see before they die. Simply amazing. I hope I helped!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

We love Oahu. If you want beach bars, that's the place to go. Waikiki has bars all along it. It IS city though - but if you face the water, you can't tell.

You can snorkle in Hanama Bay and visit the Bonzai Pipline and watch the surfers. there are luaus and booze cruises and surfing lessons. And great restaurants.

Pearl Harbor is a must see. You really should go if you are staying in Oahu at all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from msol. Show msol's posts

We went to Oahu and Maui for our honeymoon and I agree w/ WEDN07-2, if you don't have any interest in seeing Pearl Harbor then skip it all together. We spent 4 days in Oahu and I felt that was too much. The beach was great, but I felt like I could have been in Miami. We spent a week in Maui and I wish we could have stayed longer. Not only is it beautiful there, but it has a lot to offer. We stayed in a town called Lahaina where a lot of the bigger hotels are, but it wasn't commercialized at all. They have a cute downtown section filled w/ restaurants, bars, shops, etc... My favorite thing we did in Maui was the sunrise bike trip down Mt. Haleakala. We also did the road to Hana which some people feel is a waste of time, but I thought it was great especially if you go in your own car and take your time or just see the things you want. The Old Lahaina Luau is by far the best one to go to, it's very authentic. We got tickets 3 weeks before we left because we were told it would sell out. Since you say your familiar w/ St. John, I'm guessing you've already been there so I would totally suggest Hawaii, it's like no other place I've been to.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

I love Oahu, but I am a city girl at heart.

The Volcano National Park on the big island is a must-see.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

We did Oahu and Maui too and I'm so glad we went to both. Maui is lush and has lovely beaches. Everyone loves biking down that volcano (which we didn't do - but only 'cause I'm not very outdoorsy). The road to Hanna is also very popular - black sand beaches, waterfalls - tropical paradise.
    We also like Oahu because there was shopping, lots of restaurants and Pearl Harbor (I think a big must see) China town, etc. It worked for us because we get bored sitting on the beach all day.
    I loved everything about our honeymoon on both islands and cried on the way to the airport. :)