Living Together and the Charade of the Honeymoon and Wedding

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TarheelChief. Show TarheelChief's posts

Living Together and the Charade of the Honeymoon and Wedding

If a couple has lived together over six months,why should they invite people to a formal wedding and then insist on a honeymoon?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Re: Living Together and the Charade of the Honeymoon and Wedding

I wouldn't know.  I didn't live w/ my DH before we got married.

Seriously, dude, if weddings and related festivities offend you that much why in GOD'S NAME do you read the wedding boards?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

I don't even understand your post Tarheel??? Do you not believe in the celebration of love and life??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ilovebeagles. Show ilovebeagles's posts

MUD in my opinion. 

Not to mention, why is 6 months the cut off? Somewhat random IMO

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tarheel is just trying to get kicks, again, from riling us up.  Please, let's not give him the satisfaction. He tries every couple of weeks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

[QUOTE]If a couple has lived together over six months,why should they invite people to a formal wedding and then insist on a honeymoon?
    Posted by TarheelChief[/QUOTE]

For the presents, money and gifts !!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]For the presents, money and gifts !!
    Posted by Ohhhhh-Bammy[/QUOTE]

Hi, my new friend - decided to crash Weddings, huh?!  I've thought of it, too - there were plenty of opportunities on my last couple business trips to Vegas.  Doors wide open, food, dancing, ....who'd know?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

I have to admit, Ohhhh Bammy's avatar is hilarious, though.  lol. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

For the gifts and the s-ex in a foreign country.  that's the only reason i'm doing it.

Wink

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

[QUOTE]Hi, my new friend - decided to crash Weddings, huh?!  I've thought of it, too - there were plenty of opportunities on my last couple business trips to Vegas.  Doors wide open, food, dancing, ....who'd know?
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Not sure I have the nerve. I was serious about bringing a gift but what is proper and appropriate for a crasher to bring? Thought the movie was very funny. If it became a trend, some poor couple would invite 150 and get 400!! Oh my !! With my luck it may well be me !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

[QUOTE]For the gifts and the s-ex in a foreign country.  that's the only reason i'm doing it.
    Posted by heatherv1211[/QUOTE]

I dare not ask if your items are in order of priority....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

[QUOTE]I dare not ask if your items are in order of priority....

depends what the gift is.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

[QUOTE]depends what the gift is.
    Posted by heatherv1211[/QUOTE]

I do so appreciate honesty.

... which gift of the 2 gifts do you refer to? Nevermind !!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

[QUOTE]I do so appreciate honesty. ... which gift of the 2 gifts do you refer to? Nevermind !!

LOL!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

What the H-E-L-L is going on here?????

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

[QUOTE]What the H-E-L-L is going on here?????
    Posted by Sept2010Bride[/QUOTE]

Don't know how it started, but personally I am just taking a ridiculous post and having some fun with it.

Yep, it's a slow day at work.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Well work for me is emailing all day so I literally sit at a computer for 8 hours and then go home. I've been looking at books on Amazon though, finding some good ones!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I believe that anyone should be able to do whatever they want for wedding, honeymoon, etc.  Who cares if they don't live together first, or have been living together for 30 years THEN get married??  No one's business.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

[QUOTE]I believe that anyone should be able to do whatever they want for wedding, honeymoon, etc.  Who cares if they don't live together first, or have been living together for 30 years THEN get married??  No one's business.
    Posted by Goodness1[/QUOTE]

Well said. It is a personal decision. WHatever the couple is comfortable with...
     even if it's a drive through wedding in Vegas with a midget oriental Elvis in a pink Caddilac convertable (shuddddder).  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

What happened is Tarheel essentially got what he was looking for by starting the thread. I do wish he'd get his jollies some other way than provoking the Weddings crowd.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Kar, if you read his post, doesn't he remind you of someone else?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

IMHO, the only real way to have a relationship is through a mail order bride service. That's how FI and I got together.

Is Tarheel that_guy reincarnated?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I think it's calm.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

If I had to guess, I'd say his style very much matches That Guy's.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Nah, it's def. calm.  That_guy had better diction and more complex sentences.  That_guy could reason pretty well; calm can't.  :-)

Sections
Shortcuts