Mexico??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Re: Mexico??

Yeah, we do disaster management for some of our properties, and we learned all about how Zanamir is effective and all those other tips. It's so true about airplane air, I always wish I had a mask on when I fly. Latex gloves might be a good idea too for the flight and airport.

[QUOTE]Haha, in all seriousness though, I gave my doctor a call yesterday for a prescription refill, and I mentioned to her about our honeymoon in Mexico and what we should do. She offered to write me a prescription for the flu medication to take before we go, Zanamir (sp?). She also said she would write me a 2nd prescription to take with us, if we wanted. She did advise us to wear masks, the paper ones not the gas ones, lol, on the plane since the air on planes is absolutely disgusting. Other than that, she just said to use our common sense in washing our hands and not to get sneezed on. If we do get sick, she said to stay put in the hotel, have them call their doctor. She said the likelihood of any illness actually being the swine flu is very unlikely. But, she said dont get on a plane to come home if we are sick, the altitude will make it worse and they wont let you through customs at this point anyways. HTH!
    Posted by ilovebeagles[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from judy1821. Show judy1821's posts

We cancelled and we're going to Aruba instead..
    It just wasnt worth it to us since we were gonna be paranoid/wearing masks..
    I dont think a honeymoon should be like that!
    Although I do agree the people who died was due being young, old, already ill, etc..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

judy, good move for your peace of mind, and I can't picture your wearing masks on the beach!

Aruba is AWESOME. We went there on our honeymoon and loved every minute of it.  We snorkled and saw the ship wreck, went horseback riding (go your last day, btw, unless you're already avid riders), and enjoyed every minute in the water and walking on the beach.

You didn't sacrifice a thingas far as a honeymoon goes to have it in Aruba instead, although, I must say I like Mexican food better.  Oh, well.  :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Anyone going to Mexico without trip insurance may want to buy some in case they close the border.  Or, at least contact your travel agent to see what they suggest to prepare for a last minute change of plans.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Regarding the travel insurance you need to check if the plan you are purchasing covers epi/pandemics.  The majority of plans do not.  I also found out that most plans do cover "natural disasters.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

But wouldn't they cover the closing of the border?  I can see them not choosing to cover your just not wanting to get sick (sadly), but if the border is actually closed and you are prohibited by law from going, it seems unreasonable that they'd preclude that from being covered.  I have no idea, though, so everyone ask their agents!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Looks like the hype is finally dying down, no pun intended. 

Anyone else cancel and book a trip somewhere else?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

anyone looking to give up their mexican vacation, I'll gladly take it off your hands ;)

[QUOTE]Looks like the hype is finally dying down, no pun intended.  Anyone else cancel and book a trip somewhere else?
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]