Nova Scotia

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Nova Scotia

Has anyone been to Nova Scotia? We are thinking of heading there over the July 4 holiday weekend for 4 days or so, flying in to Halifax. Anyone got any ideas/suggestions/must sees? Also, does anyone know how long the driving time is from one end to the other?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from helphelpImbeingrepressed. Show helphelpImbeingrepressed's posts

Nova Scotia

We went to NS a few years ago, but we drove up. We did Cape Breton and the northern parts of NS, so I can't suggest anything by Halifax.

They had a super well-equipped tourist department there with small offices all over the province full of maps, brochures and guides, so I'd suggest you hit one of those and roll with it.

It's maybe 4-5 hrs driving from Halifax to the far end of Cape Breton and about 2-3 hours from Halifax to Yarmouth, I think.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

Nova Scotia

Prill - a couple of summers ago I went to Prince Edward Island. We flew from Boston to Halifax, then drove to the island (there's a bridge now). I would definitely NOT recommend flying if you have the time/inclination to drive. It was a huge pain to go through customs both ways, and because it's such a short flight (i think it was less than an hour) they put us on a TEEENY plane and I was terrified!

Anyway PEI is gorgeous and there is a lot to do. Beaches, hiking, biking, wine tasting, shopping and Charlottown is a very cool city (great martini bar). and, of course, Anne of Green Gables (if you're into that sort of thing... which I am). Let me know if you want any more info! We stayed at a couple of very romantic and not very pricey B&Bs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianBride. Show CanadianBride's posts

Nova Scotia

I would definitely recommend Nova Scotia! I went to university there for 4 years and it's beautiful. There is so much to do in Halifax - tons of restaurants and bars, the Public Gardens, the Citadel, Pier 21, Maritime Museum, cruises on Tall Ships - I could go on and on! I also love Pei but would recommend NS over it. If you have the time, drive up to Cape Breton and along the Cabot trail - the most amazing view I have ever seen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Nova Scotia

I've been to Nova Scotia many times. Driving times are long, actually, if you are going for only 4 days, don't try to do too much. Do Halifax first. Don't miss the Nova Scotia Museum, the Citadel, the Public Gardens. Learn a little bit before you go - for example, do you know why the people of Halifax send the people of Boston a beautiful Christmas Tree every year.

And yes, the Cabot Trail is great, Baddeck and the Alexander Graham Bell museum is terrific, PEI is magnificent, but just as you could not do all of Maine in 4 days, you can't do all of Nova Scotia/Maritime Canada.

Sections
Shortcuts