OT- vacations

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: OT- vacations

Nothing too exciting here, but DH is taking a week off in July to catch up on projects and just enjoy each other's company here at home.  DH prefers home to everywhere else on earth.  And, of course, there's her to think about. :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

This is going to be the summer of awesome! 

We had friends visit a couple weeks ago, my parents are coming into town next weekend, we're visiting college friends in upstate NY another weekend, getting puppies, and going to a friend's wedding in September. Our first anniversary is also at the end of July, so maybe we'll do something for that too. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

WPP, Does that mean you gave back your dogs?  Or are you just getting more?  Or was that not even you? Tongue out

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

In Response to Re: OT- vacations:
    WPP, Does that mean you gave back your dogs?  Or are you just getting more?  Or was that not even you? 
    Posted by framerican51008

Good memory, Fram. I need an excel file to keep everyone straight on here. Tongue out

My idiot cousin is coming on Monday to pick up the dogs. He was going to sue us, and then there was a lot of family pressure. My grandpa's upset that we're fighting, so we decided that even though my cousin is wrong and a baboon, that the best thing to do is give them back, otherwise this will never end. Cry 

DH has been absolutely incredible about the whole thing. My cousin chose Monday (instead of a weekend) probably because he's an asshat, and DH insisted that he go alone so I don't have to see my cousin or say goodbye to the dogs in front of him. DH has also been really good the past few nights when I hug the dogs and start crying. Ugh. I hope my cousin gets lupus. 

We're trying to focus on the new puppies--we are getting two pug puppies from a nearby breeder. One is almost 4 weeks old, so we get to visit him soon! The other will be born around July 17. I'm trying to persuade DH to name them Yoda and Nugget. He just might let me. Laughing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

I thought you were going to name them Captain and Tenille?

Hall & Oates?

Lucy and AwesomeGuy?

Fred & Barney?

Neil and Patrick (you must, obviously, change your last name to Harris)

I think I need to start sleeping more at night.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Wow, WPP - thanks for the update, but I'm so sorry for all of the trauma.  I can't BELIEVE he was going to SUE you!!  For something HE wanted to do in the first place!!!  Can you even sue for that??

I'm very excited for you about the two new puppies - I cannot wait to move to a larger place so we can get a dog.  There is just no happiness like that of a dog greeting you when you get home (or come in from another room in the house... or walk by...)  And I love the names!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

WPP- that stinks! What a jerk your cousin is! People like that need a reality check and a swift kick to throat.
    But it sounds like your DH has been awesome about it, so at least you have that. And I think new puppies make just about everything better!
    and I vote for Starsky & Hutch or Harold & Maude for names ;)
    bet seriously, any dog named Yoda is automatically the coolest dog ever.

I dream of the day I can have three dogs so I can name them Dorothy Blanche and Rose.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Uggg sorry to hear that update WPP!!  I echo everyone else's way funnier posts when I say your cousin s*cks.  Kudos to you for being a bigger person and putting an end to the family drama.  I know you will adore the new pups!  Nugget is an adorable name.  I want a girl kitty I can name Ruby, but I'm convinced that we got way too lucky with our cat and the next one will tear the s**t out of our furniture.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Thanks, everyone. He was always so normal too! And now both he and his sister are freaking out (his sister decided that he's in the right because, according to her, you're not really a dog owner unless you have pet insurance...which he never had in the first place). Whatever.

The new puppies will be a lot of fun, though. And you guys have some good name suggestions! Pink, DH has been trying to get me to watch Harold and Maude, but he described it as, "The most awkward, uncomfortable experience of your life," so I said, "Why would I want that?" 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

WPP - Harold and Maude is awesome.  I have it on DVD.  But, it is a little uncomfortable.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ilovebeagles. Show ilovebeagles's posts

A few days in Maine this summer, and DR in November!!!

We cannot wait. Our first anniversary just passed, and we have no vacation plans. We were a little bummed out, since this time last year we were on our honeymoon in Mexico!

So, we got some friends together and are doing an AI resort for a week! We cannot afford it, but we said screw it. We have five months to pay it off!

WPP - I am so sorry about your puppies. We have a much-loved dog, and I couldnt imagine giving him up. It sounds like you had absolutely no choice, thanks to your jerkface cousin.

Just keep looking forward to the new puppies!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Beagles - that sounds like so much fun!!  I wish we could get our friends together for a vacation.  There is always someone in the midst of planning a wedding or something, so the timing hasn't worked out.  And now we're starting with the babies, so I don't see a group vaca in the near future!  Actually, we might go camping with some friends next weekend.  That almost counts.

WPP, when are you getting the puppies?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

http://www.boston.com/travel/blog/2010/06/southwests_72-h.html