Questions re: Hawaii Honeymoon

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kinga9. Show kinga9's posts

Questions re: Hawaii Honeymoon

We've finally decided on Hawaii for the big trip: four days in Maui and 8 days in Kauai. Has anyone ever stayed at the Princeville Pali Ke Kau condos in Kauai?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdw1003. Show kdw1003's posts

Re: Questions re: Hawaii Honeymoon

Just got back from 6 nights on Maui and 6 nights on Kauai.  We stayed at the Grand Hyatt in Poipu on Kauai.  We went to the Princeville area and it was beautiful. 

In Response to Questions re: Hawaii Honeymoon:
    We've finally decided on Hawaii for the big trip: four days in Maui and 8 days in Kauai. Has anyone ever stayed at the Princeville Pali Ke Kau condos in Kauai?
    Posted by kinga9

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

I know my sister stayed in condos in HI for her HM. I am pretty sure they were in Maui and Kauai.  Not sure which condos, but she highly recommended condos over hotels for savings and comfort.  HTH. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

We went to kauai for our hm.  We stayed at the outrigger condos, similar to the ones in princeville.  The condos were beautiful, brand new granite kitchens etc. We stayed there to save money, we cooked breakfast and lunch and had wine in our room before going out to dinner. What I found was that I did not feel like we were on a honeymoon.  Restaurants in the area were very expensive 30/plate, so not like we saved too much money in the long run.  We had friends staying at the Grand Hyatt and visited them. We wish we would have splurged a bit and stayed there.  It just seems more romantic and more like a vacation when everything you need is right there, go sit at the bar for a drink, have your pick of restaurants w/o having to drive somewhere.  Just my opinion! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from paul0. Show paul0's posts

OMG. Pali Ke Kua.  Do not hesitate, book it.   You are directly above hideaways beach which is worth whatever thye are charging you to stay there. I said to my wife, when we go back to HI we are going to get a condo at Pali Ke Kua or the property next door and just stay there for two weeks - there is just no other beach I'm interested in after being to that one!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kinga9. Show kinga9's posts

Thanks paul! We ended up booking the Pali Ke Kua for a week, and we're on the first floor so we can walk right out of our room and be on the lawn that overlooks the ocean. We're really excited about it, and now that I have your opinion on the quality of the beach I'm even more excited!

ajuly, I absolutely see your point...we decided to stay in Maui for the first four days of the honeymoon and got a room at the Fairmont to get that true luxury honeymoon experience. After our recent vacation to Anguilla where we stayed at a private villa, we decided we wouldn't mind having a whole condo to ourselves to cook and relax. I think just not having to worry about the puppy all week will make it feel like a honeymoon! :-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Kinga that sounds like a great vacation, I'm jealous, I'm ready to go again!  Now that I think about it the Princeville area is beautiful and much nicer than where we were. You'll have a great time!  We stayed at the Fairmont on the big island first, so nice! 

Sections
Shortcuts