Sandals - Use travel agent or go directly through Sandals?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvbug721. Show luvbug721's posts

Sandals - Use travel agent or go directly through Sandals?

We have narrowed down our 2 choices of locations for our honeymoon. Sandals - Grande St. Lucian or Sandals - Antigua. Has anyone gone to either?  We are looking for a place that will let us enjoy our quiet time together and if we want to have a fun night too we have the option. From what it sounds like Antigua would be better, what do you guys think?  My main question is are we better off to use a travel agent or go directly through Sandals.  I'm assuming it would be cheaper to go directly through Sandals but I have no idea.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Re: Sandals - Use travel agent or go directly through Sandals?

I can't answer your question about Grande St. Lucian vs Antigua but would contact agents plus research on online.  On our upcoming trip to Costa Rica we contacted several agents and researched online.  It ended up that one of the packages we received from a agent because it was better that any other package we could find or received. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shortylicious. Show Shortylicious's posts

Hi LuvBug
    I've been to both, but Antigua was several years ago before the major remodel. If I could guarantee that I'd be on the newer side of the Antigua resort, I'd probably make that my first choice. But the St Lucia Grande was really wonderful too. I booked directly through the Sandals site. In fact we've been to 5 Sandals resorts and I booked that way every time- but I reserved really far in advance and received a major price reduction. You can always shop around and see where you get the best price. For me, I usually book my own travel  directly on the hotels' or airlines' websites.  The one time I booked an Italian trip on Expedia, we had issues with the hotels losing our reservations (prepaid reservations!). But with Sandals, it's all inclusive from the airport transfer, to the room, to all your food and drinks. It's really an easy way to go! Have a great time!!
    Oh- one more thing....if you're travelling to Sandals during a peak season, make your dinner reservations ahead of time as the restaurants get crowded and booked solid. You should be able to do this right on their site too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvbug721. Show luvbug721's posts

Thank you both for the tips, they will come in good use :)

Sections
Shortcuts