Savannah GA?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from venforknot. Show venforknot's posts

Savannah GA?

Anyone been to Savannah for a honeymoon or other vacation? Any good recommendations on places to stay?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Re: Savannah GA?

Hi!  I grew up in Georgia and lived near Savannah for a few years.  It is absolutely beautiful and you will enjoy it.  What time of year are you going?  

There are a ton of great places to stay in Savannah…hotels, B&Bs, depends on your preference.  I would go on Trip Advisor and get recommendations there.  However, I can recommend the areas to stay in.  If you can stay on or near River Street, that would be the best location…anywhere in the Historic District or Victorian District will keep you in the heart of the city.  If you go during the summer and are planning to rent a car, you may look into staying in Tybee Island…about 10-15 minutes from the Historic District if you are interested in beach front accommodations.  You might also consider a few days in Hilton Head, SC…only about a 40 minute drive from Savannah.

Hope that helps!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Any restaurant recommendations or places that are good to see or walk around for a few hours?  We might be going in April to visit my friend who just had a baby.  We want to spend most of our time with them, but may also sightsee for an afternoon or something to give them a break from hosting us.  :)  We'll probably rent a car.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from venforknot. Show venforknot's posts

Trex- when you get back please post a review! We haven't decided our honeymoon yet and I'd love to know what you think!
    DKB- We'd be there in late fall.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Hey Ven!  Well, we hit Savannah a few weeks ago, but we didn't get out much so I'm not sure I can be that helpful!  We went downtown for a few hours one afternoon and we enjoyed walking along the river front where there are all sorts of fun shops and touristy boutiques.  We also had lunch in an adorable cafe called Soho South Cafe.  It was *raelly* hot while we were there which was tough (like 90 deg).

Anyway, I'm sure you'd find way more to do and other people have told me it is a fun place to visit!  With a 2 month old, though, it was too hard to raelly get out to do much.  Good luck planning your honeymoon!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from venforknot. Show venforknot's posts

Thanks Trex! I think we're going to spend a weekend there on our way back from the Keys :-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

This thread just caught my eye b/c I'm heading there this weekend for a girls' weekend.  So far I have heard rave reviews from everyone I know who's been there.  We're staying in the Historic Distric, near the River.  I'll post more when I get back.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tara0313. Show tara0313's posts

We went a few years ago when my in-laws were living  in Hilton Head Island, SC. It was so beautiful, we did a trolley tour of the whole city, which was great because you can hop off and on. We walked along the riverfront. It was such a great city.  We ate at the Pirates House, which was delish. I thought it was such a fun city! Enjoy!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I posted some pics in Chat http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aLifestyleForum%3a9511Discussion%3abba921f7-bcf5-409a-ae2f-c64b32127fda&plckCurrentPage=25

We did the trolley tour too to get a feel for where everything was,then walked all over the place checking out the sites.  We had a really nice dinner at The Olde Pink House, and went for afternoon tea at Gryphon Tea Room.  There is tons to do, see and eat, adn this is now one of my favorite places on earth.  I highly, highly recommend it, but be ready to walk!

Sections
Shortcuts