Second Honeymoon?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Second Honeymoon?

Any of the married couples have a second honeymoon?  How many years later?  Or, do you go back every year?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Re: Second Honeymoon?

[QUOTE]Any of the married couples have a second honeymoon?  How many years later?  Or, do you go back every year?
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Oh, man, Kar!  We'd be broke if we went back every year.  lol.  We went a little crazy on our honeymoon and spent way too much money. It was totally worth it though.  I  figure we'll go back for year 10 or 15. :-)

We went to Bar Harbor last summer for vacation and we are heading back this summer.  It's not for our anniversary, per se, but it should still be fun.  We just go out to eat [and get all dressed up] for our anniversary. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, yeah, I remember your going to Bah Hahbah!  Have some lobster for me, ALF.

We'd be broke, too, but I know people who go to Aruba every single year!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

DH and I will probably do a 2nd honeymoon either when we hit 10 years or before we TTC. We went to a B&B last year for our 1st anniversary, but this year I told DH I'd rather save the $ and just go have dinner somewhere and have a lazy day together.
    I wish I could go Europe every year!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

[QUOTE]Oh, yeah, I remember your going to Bah Hahbah!  Have some lobster for me, ALF. We'd be broke, too, but I know people who go to Aruba every single year!
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Hey, Kar.  Funny thing is, I don't really like lobster [I'll have it in ravioli, but that's about it].  My family is huge into fish, and I was the odd duck growing up.  It totally turned my stomach till I was in my late 20s.  I'll now eat any white fish w/ abandon and slurp [can't use the word that rhymes w/ shuck, apparently] down raw oysters like they are going out of style.  I gross out the whole family by eating the oysters. I guess it's revenge for being forced to watch people eat fish when I was a kid. 

I'm sure we could go to St. Lucia every year w/o breaking the bank too much, but I want to stay where we stayed for our honeymoon. Knowing that that place is on the island but we aren't staying there would make me sad.  lol.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

lol, that was me growing up too. Everyone eating fish and lobster while I ate a grilled cheese sandwich.
    Now I can eat shrimp and tuna, but that's it. You're a brave one eating those oysters!

[QUOTE]Hey, Kar.  Funny thing is, I don't really like lobster [I'll have it in ravioli, but that's about it].  My family is huge into fish, and I was the odd duck growing up.  It totally turned my stomach till I was in my late 20s.  I'll now eat any white fish w/ abandon and slurp [can't use the word that rhymes w/ shuck, apparently] down raw oysters like they are going out of style.  I gross out the whole family by eating the oysters. I guess it's revenge for being forced to watch people eat fish when I was a kid.  I'm sure we could go to St. Lucia every year w/o breaking the bank too much, but I want to stay where we stayed for our honeymoon. Knowing that that place is on the island but we aren't staying there would make me sad.  lol.   
    Posted by ALF72[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

[QUOTE]lol, that was me growing up too. Everyone eating fish and lobster while I ate a grilled cheese sandwich. Now I can eat shrimp and tuna, but that's it. You're a brave one eating those oysters!
    Posted by pinkkittie18[/QUOTE]

LOL. There is a lobster in the rough place about 5 minutes from our house that DH likes to go to.  He picks his lobster and I get the chili.  :-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Too funny, ladies!  My aunt doesn't like it, either, and when we go to the coast for a big feed she looks a little pale.  ;)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

I would die and go to heaven if I could go to Aruba every single year...my FI proposed to me there...so that island will always have a special place in my heart :)