Summer Honeymoon

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shell7. Show Shell7's posts

Summer Honeymoon

Hi Ladies,
    My FI and I are getting married in August and are starting to look into our honeymoon. Because of hurricane season, I have heard that Aruba is the best place to go during that time. I am not sure if that is true??
    We are hoping to find an all-inclusive that is not toooooo expensive.. which I know can be difficult. But if we are going to spend a lot of money, I want to be sure we get a great place.
    I did look at the previous discussion regarding Aruba and noted the places recommended. I just wanted to check if anyone has taken their honeymoon in the meantime or can recommend another place for us to go. :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Summer Honeymoon

Aruba is just outside the hurricane belt.  We went in Nov, though, so I can't comment on the temps.  Take a look at it on weather.com, it'll give you averages for August.  The trade winds (constant stiff breeze all year) makes it very comfortable even at 90 degrees.  DH was concerned he'd be hot and miserable, but he's dying to go back...it was amazing.

I've heard great things about the Divi all-inclusive.  It's on Eagle Beach (as opposed to Palm, 3 miles north) so each hotel has its own private beach - it's not ever crowded.  Palm Beach, home to the huge high rise hotels is "bumper to bumper," but it's got its own appeal.  There are pros and cons to both, but we'd opt to stay on Eagle Beach, again; we like things quiet.  We stayed at the Bucuti right next door to the Divi, but it's not all-inclusive.

Sections
Shortcuts