Sunscreen soap

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbilodeau. Show dbilodeau's posts

Sunscreen soap

For those of you looking for a little extra sun protection on your honeymoon (or in general), I came across this body bar that claims to protect your skin from the sun, as well as promote cell growth, reduce the signs of aging and sun damage, treat acne and feed dry skin.

I think I'll try it.  Thought I would pass it along.

http://www.bethesdaskincare.com/product_info.php?products_id=65

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Sunscreen soap

Interesting, db!

Pinkie, would you weigh in on this, please?  I'm eager to hear any insight you might have on the ingredients and mechanism by which this could work.  Thanks!

~kar

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

It sounds good, of course you'd still have to use a sunblock lotion afterwards, but it's going to be good for people like DH who always forget to apply sunblock. SPF10 isn't much, but it's better than nothing, and it's great for everyday use, as on a regular day mopst of us only get about 30-60 minutes of sun.

I'm interested to know how the sunscreen stays on your skin after you rinse off the lather. The ingredients list is all good stuff, I just forget which sunscreen ingredient is the chemical and which is the topical. If it's chemical, then it makes 100% sense to put it in a soap. If it's topical, I don't see how it could stay on the skin unless the soap leaves a film on your skin, but with conditioning things like aloe and olive the film wouldn't dry you out. It's great that it has lemon and salt in it. You don't see enough salt in soaps, when it's such a great natural cleasner ans exfoliator.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Did that answer your question, Kar? Last night when DH saw me typing that last night and teased "What, are you writing a medical dissertation??"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]Did that answer your question, Kar? Last night when DH saw me typing that last night and teased "What, are you writing a medical dissertation??"
    Posted by pinkkittie18[/QUOTE]

Yes, thanks.  I'm so into topical SPF (titanium dioxide) that I had forgotten about the chemical kinds.  Makes sense!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbilodeau. Show dbilodeau's posts

[QUOTE]I'm interested to know how the sunscreen stays on your skin after you rinse off the lather. [/QUOTE]

I found this description: In the shower, the FDA-approved soap deposits an invisible layer of SPF 10 on skin to protect you from both UVA and UVB rays. Along with that, you'll get minerals, amino acids and 50+ vitamins (including A, C and E). While it's no replacement for your SPF 30, the $8 soap provides a base protection to make sure you're fully covered.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

okay, so it does leave a film. That's what I thought. Most soap leaves a film anyways, might as well get one where the film actually helps you out! :)

[QUOTE]I found this description: In the shower, the FDA-approved soap deposits an invisible layer of SPF 10 on skin to protect you from both UVA and UVB rays. Along with that, you'll get minerals, amino acids and 50+ vitamins (including A, C and E). While it's no replacement for your SPF 30, the $8 soap provides a base protection to make sure you're fully covered.
    Posted by dbilodeau[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]I found this description: In the shower, the FDA-approved soap deposits an invisible layer of SPF 10 on skin to protect you from both UVA and UVB rays. Along with that, you'll get minerals, amino acids and 50+ vitamins (including A, C and E). While it's no replacement for your SPF 30, the $8 soap provides a base protection to make sure you're fully covered.
    Posted by dbilodeau[/QUOTE]

That's really neat.  FDA tested even.  I wonder why no one thought of it before!  Like Pink says, soap leaves a film, anyway. :)

Sections
Shortcuts