Weather for Central/South America in June?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2009Bride2Be. Show 2009Bride2Be's posts

Hi all,

My FI and I were hoping to go to Mexico, Central or South America for our Honeymoon but we're getting married June 20th and I hear that is the rainy season for that area. We were thinking about Mexico, Belize, Costa Rica, Brazil or Argentina.

I'm just looking for a sanity check for the weather around that time? I definitely don't want to plan our honeymoon for rainy season!

Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from msol. Show msol's posts

I went to Mexico at the end of June a few years back and the first two days were complete wash outs, but the remaining 5 days were in the low 90s and sunny.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gizzer. Show gizzer's posts

Check www.weather.com. It will tell you the typical high and low temp and the typical rainfall.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ilovebeagles. Show ilovebeagles's posts

My fiance and I are doing Mexico, because it was the only place that wasnt in high rainy season in June!

Costa Rica, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, all were in high rainy season and my travel agent said dont go there!

She did say June is not the best time for tropical honeymoons due to rain, but what are you going to do? So, she suggested Mexico, specifically the Mayan Peninsula because even if it does rain, it gets swept out very quickly by the gulfstream winds.
    Note: we are also going in early June, so this might impact your advice a little!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from starbuckslas. Show starbuckslas's posts

you have to consider that June will be winter in Argentina..

"June/July is rainy season in Buenos Aires. It is also winter, so you should bring some heavier clothes with you or get some while down there. But do not despair. These last couple of years -perhaps due to global warming- winters have been surprisingly warm." taken from a south american travel website

Sections
Shortcuts