Weekend trip to the Berkshires?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Epigal. Show Epigal's posts

Weekend trip to the Berkshires?

Does anyone have suggestions on where to stay or what to do for a long weekend anniversary trip to the Berkshires? Most of the places I've read about are incredibly expensive, and located in Lenox. Any suggestions for cheaper (but still nice) places to stay? Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LindaO1MrsO1. Show LindaO1MrsO1's posts

Re: Weekend trip to the Berkshires?

In Response to Weekend trip to the Berkshires?:
    Does anyone have suggestions on where to stay or what to do for a long weekend anniversary trip to the Berkshires? Most of the places I've read about are incredibly expensive, and located in Lenox. Any suggestions for cheaper (but still nice) places to stay? Thanks!
    Posted by Epigal

There are many other locations in the Berkshires.  Access the Stockbridge, Ma. Chamber of Commerce site.  Unfortunately, we live in Albany, NY which is only an hour away from the Berkshires.  So, we rarely stay there.  The Chamber site also has dining areas.  One of the most interesting is the Lion's Den in the
    Red Lion Inn.  It has a casual dinner menu - but, has specials every night - i.e. Thanksgiving Dinner on Sunday night.  They also have nitely entertainment.  Hope this helps.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from momof3. Show momof3's posts

In Response to Weekend trip to the Berkshires?:
    Posted by Epigal

not sure what your price range is but there are several bed and breakfasts.  You can negotiate the minimum night stay but not the price.  Check out the Birchwood Inn, in Lenox.  A very relaxing spot there are hiking trails close by and you can walk to town.  Breakfast is wonderful and there is welcoming pitcher of lemon-aid on the front porch.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Epigal. Show Epigal's posts

Thanks to you both!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JEnvie. Show JEnvie's posts

try porches, a cool little place in north adams, a block away from mass moca

Sections
Shortcuts