where are you going?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from staci1. Show staci1's posts

where are you going?

Hi ladies... taking a break from working hard today.  Where is everyone going on their honeymoon.... we are thinking or either Aruba, or Hawaii..... still trying to decide...

Any thoughts on either!!
    Thanks
    Staci

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Re: where are you going?

We're going to Maui and Kauai for 2 weeks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from staci1. Show staci1's posts

sounds fun... are you spening a week on each?  also what time of the year are you going... we are still trying to decide....

Staci

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Haven't really planned it yet, but I want to do like 10 days in Hawaii, stopping at a few islands.  Goodness, I'll have to pick your brain when we think about booking it!

I went to Maui in March a few years ago with my mom and the weather was perfect!  We had a blast!  That's why I want to take my FI there, so he can see how beautiful it is!  And I love that it is easy since it is part of the US.  No exchange rate to worry about, we rented a car and drove everywhere.  It was awesome!  The only downside is that it is a LONG trip, takes a whole day to get there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Key West!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from staci1. Show staci1's posts

we went last Jan.. had a great time!!! it's really pretty there!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

We are going to stay at the Westin Key West Resort and Marina. If you are going to Aruba I can give you a million pointers. It is awesome there.

I would stay at the Hyatt. Best resort on the island.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

In Response to Re: where are you going?:
    [QUOTE]sounds fun... are you spening a week on each?  also what time of the year are you going... we are still trying to decide.... Staci
    Posted by staci1[/QUOTE]

Yes, exactly.  We're spending a week on each island.  We've rented a car on both, as well, so it'll be very easy for us to get around. 

We're going in mid October.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from staci1. Show staci1's posts

that would be great.... here is my personal email address stacimoskovit71athotmail.com..... we talked about hawaii.....but it's soo expensive....and my job is unsure right now.... so going to Aruba makes more sense financially....

Thanks

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]Haven't really planned it yet, but I want to do like 10 days in Hawaii, stopping at a few islands.  Goodness, I'll have to pick your brain when we think about booking it! I went to Maui in March a few years ago with my mom and the weather was perfect!  We had a blast!  That's why I want to take my FI there, so he can see how beautiful it is!  And I love that it is easy since it is part of the US.  No exchange rate to worry about, we rented a car and drove everywhere.  It was awesome!  The only downside is that it is a LONG trip, takes a whole day to get there.
    Posted by trex509[/QUOTE]

Definitely let me know if you have any questions.  We've been to Oahu, which was so much fun.  You had the good times of the bars and restaurants, and nice beaches, too.  I hear that Kauai and Maui are more quiet islands, which we're SO excited for.  We can't wait to see the beauty of the islands.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Oahu is great, but very much a city. Great if you're like me and want a beach but one in the middle of everything.
    I've been twice, I have family out there.
    The big island is awesome if you're into National Parks. My trip through the volcanic park was one I'll never forget.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

We heard of a volcano that we just "have to see" in Maui and that a helicopter will take you down into it.  Now, that scares me!!  I want to see it, but from afar.

I agree with you on Oahu, it's very much a city.  But, when we were there, it was such a special time.  I felt like it was just the two of us on that wild island. 

We were there in mid September, 2007, and he proposed to me on Christmas Day, 2007.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

Spending our 20th anniversary on Waikiki. Been there twice and love it there.  We enjoy the bars and shopping. 

Spent time on Maui and Kauai years ago.  Beautiful. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

Hi Staci -

We just started planning our Hawaii Honeymoon!  I've been before (to Maui, Oahu, and Big Island) but not since I was 15 and 16 and my Fiancee never has been.  It's a long trip and it's probably the only time in our lives we'll have 2 weeks off, plus there is sooooo much to do (and fiancee can't just sit on a beach) so we're so excited!  we thought about doing 5 days on Maui and 5 days on Kauai, but since we've changed our mind.  We're now just doing Maui, however we are staying 5 days on one side of the island (Lahaina side) as this really cool place - the Hoolio House - and then we are staying in Wailea at either Grand Wailea or Fairmont Kea Lani for the other 5 days (haven't booked this one yet.. trying to decide between the two hotels - so if anyone refers one over the other, let me know!).  Our plan is to rent a convertible the whole time out there (since we are saving not having to take an interisland flight to another island and the hoolio house's prices are great too), and we're going to take a catamaran over to Lanai one day (that way we feel like we're still seeing two islands!).  Since we are going in January too we heard the weather is better the further south we are (Oahua, Maui, and Big Island are more south than Kauai).  It's whale watching season November to February so we definitely want to see that, and we plan to do the Old Lahaina Luau too.  We'll most likely do the road to Hana and some snorkeling as well.. oh and of course the sunrise on Haleakala and a bike tour down after!  We're happy just staying on Maui since we want to do so much that we'll still have time to relax.  If we were only there for 5 days we'd be doing something every day and wouldn't have relaxing and honeymoon alone time!  :-)

Hope that helps.  I would love to hear anything others have to say about Maui as well - we were told to get the Maui Revealed book as well!  :-)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from staci1. Show staci1's posts

OMG!!! this sounds like such a great time!!! We are still trying to decide between Hawaii, and Aruba.... it's all going to depend on my job situation... I may not have one after Thanksgiving!!!

Your trip sounds amazing... I've heard of the Volcano.. and people say that it's a once in a lifetime chance!!!! you must be sooo excited....

Thanks for sharing!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from staci1. Show staci1's posts

that would be great.... here is my personal email address stacimoskovit71athotmail.com..... we talked about hawaii.....but it's soo expensive....and my job is unsure right now.... so going to Aruba makes more sense financially....

Thanks

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

When are you getting married?  I hear wonderful things about Aruba but I've never been there.. maybe an Anniversary some time!  :-)  I hope the job works out ok too..  fingers crossed! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from november2009. Show november2009's posts

Australia and New Zealand but not until a few months after our wedding.  Been very lax in planning but really looking forward to it.  Have been to Aruba and liked it but it felt very over run with tourists and development. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]Australia and New Zealand but not until a few months after our wedding.  Been very lax in planning but really looking forward to it.  Have been to Aruba and liked it but it felt very over run with tourists and development. 
    Posted by november2009[/QUOTE]

I found the popular high-rise hotel section (Palm Beach) in Aruba to be as you describe - nutty and developed.  However, 3 miles south of there is the low-rise hotel section with private beaches that stretch along Eagle Beach.  It's very low key, and the private beaches keep things quiet and not overrun at all.  No elbow-to-elbow beach going on Eagle Beach.  That's where the Divi (all-inclusive) and Bucuti (non-all-inclusive) are.  DH hates crowds and we both loved it there.  We visited Palm Beach to do a snorkle boat trip, and we were glad we didn't stay at the Hyatt or other Palm Beach high rise that has to share that whole beach.  It was very crowded.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Kar, I 100% agree with you. However, people seem to love the Hyatt only due to the fact that it is very luxurious. The rooms are big, the beds are comfortable, the bathrooms are large and have the big soaker tubs, etc. But, yes if you want a nice quite beach and more of a private island-y feel, than the Eagle, low-rise beach area is perfect! :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Oh, and get a couples massage on the beach, you will NOT regret it! :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from staci1. Show staci1's posts

that sounds soo good!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from staci1. Show staci1's posts

thanks... keep them crossed!!!!

We are getting married 9-4-2010!!! Going by so fast!!!
    Thanks
    Staci

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

[QUOTE]Hi Staci - We just started planning our Hawaii Honeymoon!  I've been before (to Maui, Oahu, and Big Island) but not since I was 15 and 16 and my Fiancee never has been.  It's a long trip and it's probably the only time in our lives we'll have 2 weeks off, plus there is sooooo much to do (and fiancee can't just sit on a beach) so we're so excited!  we thought about doing 5 days on Maui and 5 days on Kauai, but since we've changed our mind.  We're now just doing Maui, however we are staying 5 days on one side of the island (Lahaina side) as this really cool place - the Hoolio House - and then we are staying in Wailea at either Grand Wailea or Fairmont Kea Lani for the other 5 days (haven't booked this one yet.. trying to decide between the two hotels - so if anyone refers one over the other, let me know!).  Our plan is to rent a convertible the whole time out there (since we are saving not having to take an interisland flight to another island and the hoolio house's prices are great too), and we're going to take a catamaran over to Lanai one day (that way we feel like we're still seeing two islands!).  Since we are going in January too we heard the weather is better the further south we are (Oahua, Maui, and Big Island are more south than Kauai).  It's whale watching season November to February so we definitely want to see that, and we plan to do the Old Lahaina Luau too.  We'll most likely do the road to Hana and some snorkeling as well.. oh and of course the sunrise on Haleakala and a bike tour down after!  We're happy just staying on Maui since we want to do so much that we'll still have time to relax.  If we were only there for 5 days we'd be doing something every day and wouldn't have relaxing and honeymoon alone time!  :-) Hope that helps.  I would love to hear anything others have to say about Maui as well - we were told to get the Maui Revealed book as well!  :-)
    Posted by Jan2010bride[/QUOTE]

Hi Jan2010-  I went to the Big island and Kauai'i a few weeks ago, and loved it. we stayed in the Fairmont on the big island and it was wonderful, it was kinda a smaller resort and we felt that maybe we were missing something, so we visited other resorts and found them to be more like theme parks and were happy about our choice.  Though we did not go to Maui this trip, my husband stayed at the Kea Lani (Fairmont) in Maui, he said it was even nicer than the Fairmont Orchid where we stayed (and this was a NICE hotel, so that says alot about the Kea Lani)  Also I know two friends that went to Maui and recommended the Four Seasons and the Fairmont there.  I guess the Grand Wailea while nice, is bigger, has many more kids, lots of water slides, and is much nosier because of this, not as intimate as the Fairmont. The fairmont to me seems like much more of a honeymoon hotel over the Grand Wailea. Just my opinion! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

Thanks July!  I just heard something similar about the Fairmont Kea Lani!  I think that one has now taken over the lead for us in the hotel to choose in Wailea!!  :-)  I hear the rooms are all suites too so much larger than normal hotel rooms.  I also heard good things about the Four Seasons.  I can't wait to go!

Sections
Shortcuts