Where did you/Where are you going?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Where did you/Where are you going?

I hate that this section is so slow, because I LOVE talking about vacations!

So, where did you all go/where are you all going on your honeymoons??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Re: Where did you/Where are you going?

Hawaii in 18 days!!  Kauai and the big island

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Ajuly, so fun! I doubt I will ever get my FI to go there :( He hates long flights :/

We are still debating our HM, although we have a whole year to decide!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ajuly, so fun! I doubt I will ever get my FI to go there :( He hates long flights :/ We are still debating our HM, although we have a whole year to decide!
    Posted by Sept2010Bride

Liz, I'm in the same boat!  My DH hates long flights (mostly because he's 6'3").  We went to Aruba (no regrets) because it's relatively close.  He wanted the Bahamas for the same reason, but I didnt' think the weather would be warm enough in November for me to be happy.  And, you want your wife happy on the beach on your honeymoon! ;)

ajuly, enjoy Hawaii!!!!  I like the idea of not having to worry about a passport, customs and all that jazz.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Hi Liz,

We went to Anse Chastanet in St. Lucia. It was awesome.  It was also expensive, but totally worth the money.  We'd love to go back - probably for a 5th or 10th anniversary.  :-)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

We're doing our honeymoon a bit differently!  We're not big on the beach at all, so Aruba/Hawaii/islands didn't really interest us.  We love big cities for vacations, because there's always so much to do, so much to see, and so many places to eat.  We decided to pick a city that neither one of us has seen, so we're going to Chicago.

We also decided to wait a little while after the wedding to go on the honeymoon.  We're getting married 8/8, and leaving for the honeymoon 10/1.  I can't wait!  We already have Cubs tickets, and we're going to try to get Bears tickets too.  FI has already picked a ton of restaurants to try.  I think we're also planning on hitting the Sears tower, the zoo, and whatever else looks fun out there!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

We went to Providenciales on the Turks & Caicos islands.  Fabulous beach/water!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

I'm on the same page as kmt.

DH and I went to Amsterdam. Art, beer, music, street performers and gorgeous parks. A place where bikes out number cars, people live in house boats and the canals are just beautiful. I want to move there so badly!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

We are debating taking a two week HM or a one week HM.

Two week = 5 days in Disney World, then driving to St. Pete and staying on the beach for 5 days.

One week = somewhere in the Caribbean.

Two very different HM's.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ariel81916. Show Ariel81916's posts

kmt - when you're in Chicago, if they're still running it (don't know what the season is), strongly consider doing the architecture boat tour up the Chicago River. The company is Shoreline and it departs from Navy Pier - I was there for business recently and ended up dragging everyone I was with to the tour and we all agreed it was fantastic.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

We went in early April to Italy (Rome, Florence and Venice) for 11 days.  In April the tourist season is just starting so things are starting to open up (some attractions are closed when it isn't tourist season) and the lines are not quite as long, and it is normally pretty nice...which means it is warm enough to be comfortable walking around in but not too warm.  Sadly when we went they had a very odd rainy and cool spell much like what we are experiecing here.  There we didn't mind it so much because we had the wedding glow :)  It made for some cute pictures of us in the rain as well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

Also to Italy--Rome, Amalfi Coast, Florence, Siena, Venice.  We LOVED it!!  We hit a heat wave, so it was pretty boiling hot, and my husband is not a huge fan of the heat, but he was a trooper.  Plus I made sure all of our hotels had A/C.  :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

The Great Barrier Reef and Sydney, Australia. AMAZING!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

So funny I started this thread, because FI just emailed me from work and told me he has HM planned, well not booked, but he has decided what we are going to do!

I left it up to him because I will basically go anywhere. Can you tell he is a major planner?

So we are staying at the Polynesian Resort in Disney World for 6 nights/5 days, then flying down to Key West and staying at The Westin Key West Resort for 6 nights/5 days. So excited! Now I have a HM to look forward to! :)

This is the longest vacay I will ever have gone on! :)

Anyone ever been to Key West? We will be there from Sept 26-Oct 2nd of 2010...
    Disney Sept 20-25

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

That sounds awesome Sept!  I really mean that!  I am hoping to go to Disney within the year and have always wanted to go to Key West.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

We didn't have the money for our "dream" honeymoon, but we had a BLAST going to Vegas for 5 days!  I don't think we could have had more fun and different experiences for such a cheap price anywhere else. 

Aruba = someday, I hope! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

If I ever went to Vegas I would be drunk the whole time...I think that's why I haven't been yet....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reader001. Show Reader001's posts

Maui! My sweetie and I have dreamed of going to Hawaii. It's so amazing that we actually get to go. I'm currently halfway through the Maui Revealed book. I knew about it before but a recommendation here prompted me to actually buy it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MayBride09. Show MayBride09's posts

We went to St. Lucia and stayed at the Sandals Regency- LOVED it!! :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

My fiance and I are going to Kauai and Maui for 2 whole weeks!  We're total beach bums, and are totally looking forward to sitting on the beach with tropical drinks in hand! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from HappyFrappy. Show HappyFrappy's posts

We just booked our honeymoon to Prague! We'll be spending a week there at the end up September. We may head over to Germany to check out Oktoberfest too!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

In Response to Re: Where did you/Where are you going?:
    My fiance and I are going to Kauai and Maui for 2 whole weeks!  We're total beach bums, and are totally looking forward to sitting on the beach with tropical drinks in hand! 
    Posted by Goodness1

luuuuccckkkyyyyyyy

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

We just booked our honeymoon to Prague! We'll be spending a week there at the end up September. We may head over to Germany to check out Oktoberfest too!
    Posted by HappyFrappy

That sounds awesome!  My husband really wants to go to Prague someday so hopefully we'll make it there.  We went on his first trip to Europe last year - Paris and Normandy.  Now he has the travel bug as bad as I do!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Happy, I would def check out Germany! It is supposed to be awesome! Sounds like a fabulous HM!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

OMG, DH would be so jealous if he heard that. I should have used Oktoberfest as an excuse to have a fall wedding, which DH was really against fro some reason.
     But I'm jealous that you're going to Prague!!! That's so awesome!

Posted by HappyFrappy

Sections
Shortcuts