Where did you/Where are you going?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Re: Where did you/Where are you going?

In Response to Re: Where did you/Where are you going?:
    [QUOTE]I think some people just need the mental health breaks.  Maybe she needs time to prepare and realize that in a week, she'll be a married woman.  A lot of women deal with marriage in different ways.  Posted by Goodness1[/QUOTE]

I had the Friday before off, but Thursday would have been nice too because I definitely needed more sleep.  I hardly got any sleep the few days before the wedding, so at the rehearsal dinner I felt like I was in a daze.  When I was out getting my nails and other stuff done on Friday, everyone kept commenting on how calm I seemed for a bride.  I was really just so exhausted I was on autopilot. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where did you/Where are you going? : I never heard of that.  There was a delay on my certificate because the priest put a PO BOX address instead of a physical address...since my mom works at the church, I went to pick it up, dropped it off at city hall and was given my actual certified copy within minutes.  As long as city hall has the signed license, you will be fine.
    Posted by June08bride[/QUOTE]

Hmmm I guess it varies from town to town?  Mine specifically said to allow up to 10 days for processing or something like that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

kmt - I love this idea.  In hindsight, I wish we had waited a little bit before the honeymoon because I would have liked to plan it out a little more.  Before the wedding, THE WEDDING was all I could deal with planning!  So for the honeymoon we just booked flights, car and accommodations and winged the rest! 

We are also not beach people so went to Italy (rome, tuscany, venice).

[QUOTE]We're doing our honeymoon a bit differently!  We're not big on the beach at all, so Aruba/Hawaii/islands didn't really interest us.  We love big cities for vacations, because there's always so much to do, so much to see, and so many places to eat.  We decided to pick a city that neither one of us has seen, so we're going to Chicago. We also decided to wait a little while after the wedding to go on the honeymoon.  We're getting married 8/8, and leaving for the honeymoon 10/1.  I can't wait!  We already have Cubs tickets, and we're going to try to get Bears tickets too.  FI has already picked a ton of restaurants to try.  I think we're also planning on hitting the Sears tower, the zoo, and whatever else looks fun out there!
    Posted by kmt09[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

[QUOTE]Wendy that is fine. Taking Thurs and Fri off is normal...but the whole week??
    Posted by Sept2010Bride[/QUOTE]

I wish I had taken more of the week before off (only took Thurs/Fri) because I could not get ANYTHING done at work!!  Totally unfocused!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

Just a side note - now that I changed my avatar i don't recognize my posts anymore! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

[QUOTE]Just a side note - now that I changed my avatar i don't recognize my posts anymore! 
    Posted by heatherv1211[/QUOTE]

I LOVE your bouquet!  It's gorgeous!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Heather, I don't see it!! I really want to see your bouquet, because I am using Jen Cahill!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

[QUOTE]I LOVE your bouquet!  It's gorgeous!!!
    Posted by kmt09[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much!  In the end, I decided to hell with color themes, and just had her use every color.  Smile

Sept - I wonder why you can't see it?  let's see if I can post a pic...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

OMG THAT IS GORGEOUS!! I am so excited to use her now!!!!!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

I like the bouquet but I you obviously are holding it there so I will gawk at the chest

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Were your BM dresses like a purple color, that is gorgeous! :)

Also, what did you say to her to make that bouquet? My BM dresses are like a dusty rose color. Not hot pink, but not baby pink, in the middle.

Right now I am thinking, for the BM's bouquets, something like this....beware the pic is huge:

I assume if I show her a photo, she can just re-create the bouquet??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

That's pretty.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Thanks...I don't know if thats exactly what I would want, but def the color theme.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Are those your wedding colors, too?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Yes. We just ordered our save-the-dates, and they are in pink and green. I was going to use blue and yellow, but my FI preffered pink and green, which I found weird, but he says he wears too much blue? I don't know....

I could have done any color theme though, I love all colors.

These are the invitations we are going to use....and the save-the-dates are a square version of them.

The font will all be a dark pink, and our names will be in a lighter pink, and the ribbon will be a lime green. My mother got annoyed with me because she thought it looked too "summery", but technically we are getting married in the summer, because the first day of fall in 2010 is Sept 22 ;)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

How pretty!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

[QUOTE]How pretty!!!
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Thank you Kar :)

Was your bridal bouquet yellow roses, or white? I can't tell. I love roses. I think I may go with an all ivory rose bouquet for mine. So classic. I'm thinking 2 dozen in mine...nice and big :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Found this and fell in love:

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

That's very close to what my BM bouquets looked like, Sept.  Great taste ;o)

I was a tiny bit disappointed in my centerpieces because I thought they would look more like that and they ended up being mostly ivory with some pink and green.  I had clarified before the wedding that I wanted the BM bouquets to be brighter... and the description of the centerpieces in the contract said they would have flowers similar to the bouqets, so I thought everything would be brighter.  Brides, learn a lesson from me and be clear about EVERYTHING!
    They were still beautiful but I can't help but be a little disappointed because I wanted them to be the POP of color in the very neutral room... and instead they were white!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Fra, good advice!!!

The Newton Marriott provides 2 dozen roses in their packages, so we are having 2 dozen pink roses on each table. I won't be using Jen for centerpieces.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

I was very into the flower thing, but indecisive.  I sent Jen a document that contained about 5 cut/pasted photos from online of different bridal bouquets and told her the things I liked about each one.  Same with BM bouquets.  MY BM dresses were black, and I just coul dnot decide on colors.  So finally I just said - "give me every color!"  So she did. :)  For the tables I did a mix - I had half my tables with mixed color urns, and half with clear glass vases with all one color - red table, purple table, etc...

Love both of your bouquet ideas.  She might know of a good flower match for "dusty pink", since it's sort of an in-between pink.

[QUOTE]Were your BM dresses like a purple color, that is gorgeous! :) Also, what did you say to her to make that bouquet? My BM dresses are like a dusty rose color. Not hot pink, but not baby pink, in the middle. Right now I am thinking, for the BM's bouquets, something like this....beware the pic is huge: I assume if I show her a photo, she can just re-create the bouquet??
    Posted by Sept2010Bride[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Liz, love the invitation.  So fresh and fun but still elegant.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

[QUOTE]Liz, love the invitation.  So fresh and fun but still elegant.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Thank you, Kar :)
    We would have not ordered the save-the-dates so early, but we have a friend who works at a stationary store and she won't be there that much longer, and she gaves us 30% off! So we swooped right in! If we want to get the matching invitations, which I would like to, we will have to pay full price. But they were exactly what I was looking for.