5/15/10 Vendor Review - Cape bride

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

5/15/10 Vendor Review - Cape bride

Well the wedding has come and gone and we had an amazing time!  I couldn't have asked for a better day!

Dress - Casablanca Bridal - RK Bridal New York, NY - A
    I absolutely loved my dress and the women at RK were sooo helpful.  We had a large party with us and they were very accommodating.  In two hours we found my dress, and MOB and MOG's dresses.  It was an amazing experience and definitely worth the trip.

Bridesmaids Dresses - David's Bridal - Dedham, MA - C+
    I loved the dresses that I picked for the girls and they looked great on them but DB's customer service was lacking.  They were very nice to me when I was in there but gave some of my bridesmaids a hard time.  However the dresses were inexpensive and looked great so no major complaints.

Florist - Designer's Touch - Brewster, MA - A
    My flowers were beautiful and very reasonable priced.  I had a tight floral budget and Abigail and Becky were able to make it work.  I got 1 brides bouquet (mini calla lillies), 10 bridesmaids bouquets (hot pink roses), 2 flower girl poms (hot pink roses) and 4 boutonniere's all for under $600!

Transportation - Trolley's By Tes - Marshfield, MA - A
    The trolley was beautiful and arrived on time!

Cake - Casual Gourmet - Centerville, MA - A+
    We dropped off a few pictures of what we were looking for and it turned out better than we could have imagined.  They did an amazing job and it tasted great!

Photographer - Kate Drew Miller - New York, NY - A ++++
    Kate is a friend of my DH from high school and college.  We love her work and couldn't have been more happy that she was willing to travel to the Cape for our wedding.  We can't wait to see her pictures!

DJ - DJ Chris Baker - Yarmouth, MA - A
    Chris Baker did an amazing job.  He played all of our requests and kept everyone on the dance floor the whole time!

Venue - The Flying Bridge - Falmouth, MA - A+
    The ballroom was just updated and looked amazing.  The ocean front view and wrap around deck were perfect for our Cape wedding.  Also the food was unbelievable.  I just wish we had more time to eat but the day flew by!

That's all I can think of but please let me know if I missed anything.  I'm going to post a few pictures because I can't help it!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Re: 5/15/10 Vendor Review - Cape bride

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Sounds like a beautful and perfect day.  Enjoy your honeymoon!  Where are you going?

ETA:  What a beautiful dress!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Obviously I forgot one!

Hair and Makeup - Hair Waves - Osterville, MA - A +++
    I love how my hair and make up came out.  We had an early morning wedding (10 am) so they opened the shop up at 6 am for me and my 10 bridesmaids.  They were wonderful to all of us and every single girl was happy with their hairstyle.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

LOVE your dress and cake :) Congrats! Enjoy your honeymoon!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

The weather was so beautiful.  Glad you had such a wonderful time.  Sure flies by, doesn't it?  Your dress is really pretty. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Thanks!!  We are going on our honeymoon in August because DH is a school teacher and can't get the time off.  We are going to California for 4 days and Mexico for a week!  I'm actually pretty glad we waited because I'm pretty sure I was too frazzled to pack anything.  I have a feeling I would have shown up in California with a flip flop and bikini bottoms and nothing else! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Congratulations clc!!  Glad to hear everything went so well.  You both look fantastic in the photo.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Congrats and best wishes for a happy, peaceful, and strong marriage that grows in love forever.  Everything was absolutely gorgeous!!!  Loved seeing the photos with the review thread.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

Congratulations! It sounds like you had an amazing day!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Congratulations clc!  Your dress is absolutely beautiful and you and DH looked fantastic!

I'm so happy to hear that you had such a great day, and obviously the weather cooperated too.  Did you in-laws behave themselves?  :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

beautiful photos clc!  love your dress and cake!  were your colors navy & green?  i'm quite partial to that combo---they were my wedding colors too.  :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Oh pugs funny you asked...

MIL threw a hissy fit the day of the rehearsal.  DH was pretty upset but I continued to repeat to him "this is our day, this is about us, not her."  It seemed to help calm him down.  It's actually too bad for her because we decided to pretty much ignore her the rest of the weekend.  She ended up missing out on a lot because of the way she acted and I hope some day she realizes that.  It didn't bring us down though.  We had an amazing time and wouldn't change a thing.

Jas - our colors were navy and green!  They looked great on the girls - I just posted under the "What are your colors" thread a picture of some of the girls.  Also, all of the girls loved the pearl necklace and earrings combo you suggested from Macy's!  So thanks again they worked out perfectly!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

clc, you and your DH couldn't have handled it better.  I'm so glad you didn't let her get to you.  What did she have a hissy fit over? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Her usual - she wasn't being included, I was treating her as a guest -

Her big complaints were that I hadn't invited her to the hair salon in the morning and that I didn't invite her over to see me get dressed. 

I tried to explain that our hair appointments were at 6 a.m. and that only the girls getting their hair done would be in attendance.  My mom even explained this to her and invited her to my parents house while they got ready but she didn't like that option.  And as for watching me get dressed, it was an early morning wedding (10 a.m.) it wasn't like I was hanging around in my dress having cocktails.  I put my dress on 10 minutes before getting on the trolley and heading to the church.

Honestly, she just likes creating drama and making everything about her.  It wasn't a big concern of mine because there is literally NO way to please her.  I adopted a new motto in the days before the wedding - "I don't f-ing care" - it seemed to help get me through all of her crap!

I just hope that now she will calm down and try to act like a decent person.  However, I'm sure once we have kids it will all start again!  One day at a time right?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Wow, she's unbelievable huh?  I love your motto though!  Words to live by!  Laughing

I don't understand why she felt she needed to be there when you got your hair done and got dressed.  That's not typically something the MOG does at all (unless the bride wants her there, that's a different story).  Did she finally let it go and enjoy the wedding, or was she miserable the whole time?

Yes, I can imagine that you're in for a whole lot of drama when you have kids!  Good luck telling her she can't come into the delivery room.  :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

She pouted her way through the rehearsal dinner and didn't speak with anyone.  I honestly didn't really see her at the wedding.  She says she had a good time so I'll take her word for it.  She snapped at me once when I tried to get a family photo done with her side of the family.  God forbid I tried to do something nice so that was pretty much the extent of my speaking with her.

Oh please can someone else tell her she can't be in the delivery room?  I don't know if that's something a pregnant women should have to handle!  We have some time before that becomes an issue, who knows maybe she will have relaxed by then Tongue out

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Sometimes I think MILs don't get that we are not THEIR daughters!  Maybe YOUR mother would go to the salon with you or get ready with you, but it isn't often that the MIL would.  My MIL has a daughter and sometimes I want to remind her that she can make the shower guest list, etc. when it's HER daughter getting married or having a baby!  I do get along well MIL most of the time, but other times she's too much.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

love the cake.  love the dress. love the gray suit.
    well done!  such an exciting time in your life -congrats!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Congrats, clc! Love love love the dress, your cake is beautiful, and good for you on not letting yoru MIL get you down!
    Happy happy happy! :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdd01. Show jdd01's posts

Hi clc!  Can you let me know where you ended up getting your suits?  We have an appointment with K&G this Saturday, but just in case they don't work out I'd like to have another option ready.  Everything looked great, btw!  Congratulations!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Hey JDD, sorry just saw your question.  We got DH's suit at Men's Wearhouse.  We did not have all of the guys wear suits just DH.  The groomsmen wore khaki pants and white shirts with ties, no sport coat.  It was a Cape, day wedding so we were going for less formal.  But here's the suit that DH bought...

http://www.menswearhouse.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay_10051_10558_10601_140695_-1_10558_TAN%20MULTI%20STRIPE_10051_1z141iwZ1z141seZ1z141yjZ1z141ye?cm_vc=40159

We did all of our shopping at the MW in Hanover.  They were very helpful and we got some great deals!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from candice211. Show candice211's posts

clc - your dress is GORGEOUS!!!
    congrats on a wonderful day!

Sections
Shortcuts