5/23/09 – Willowdale Estate Review!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from katie1980. Show katie1980's posts

5/23/09 – Willowdale Estate Review!

Hi all, it’s been a long time coming! We were engaged in Nov 2007 – I can honestly say, I loved every minute of our wedding and everything was perfect, I cannot think of anything I would have done or any vendor’s I would have chosen different. My day job is an Event Planner – not for weddings, but other large scale events – so I can honestly say that everything was perfect!!!! (and I am critical!)  Just to let you know my reviews are all a love fest – I loved them all! No bad reviews at all!

For your pleasure, here are my reviews!

10 Center Street- Rehearsal Dinner – A+

This was the best choice ever! We had a private room; the food was wonderful; and so was the service! We walked over from the Church then went to bars after – it was perfect! We had the dinner on Thursday, as we had a welcome reception for all wedding guests Friday – I loved having a “weekend” affair! It made the whole weekend calmer, and relaxing as we had time to relax and chat with friends and family. (most of my side are from out of state so we had time to catch up!)

Local Motion – Bus transportation – A+

They were ideal – we had a shuttle for the guys and girls in the wedding party and it was perfectly on time, and clean! The guests had 2 school busses, they were great! No problems at all!  

Church – First Religious Society (Unitarian Universalist) – Newburyport, MA – A+

We are not members of this church, but wanted to get married at a church that held our same beliefs.  The church as really easy to work with, we were even allowed to bring in our own JP that we had booked.  The church is BEAUTIFUL, I cannot tell you how many compliments we received on the church – it was perfect! Beautiful, wonderful, simply perfect.

Tom Welch – Justice of the Peace – A

Tom’s ceremony was wonderful, we cried, our friends cried, it was us.  I loved that Tom stood between us with his back to the church, as then whenever we looked at him; we instinctively looked at our loved ones.  We did his “wine box ceremony” and everyone who was married before was said “why didn’t we do that!” I think they are all starting it! Tom’s ceremony was perfect for us, and worked for us! We loved it, again we received so many compliments on his ceremony – I can’t wait to see it on video!  

Bella Floral Design – Suzanne Bellanger – A+

I cannot speak enough about my flowers – they were BEAUTIFUL! We had galvanized buckets for centerpieces with a garden feel of flowers, the girls bouquets were pink peonies, mine were white peonies with stephanotis – it was huge, lush and just perfect - we had little bouquets throughout the Willowdale, candle light, floating candles and flowers.  At the church we had garland outside (that was beautiful!) and an alter bouquet, which I really don’t remember seeing!  The flowers were gorgeous, I would use Suzanne again in a heartbeat – she is great to work with and a great artist!

Kimberlee Fosher – Makeup – A+

What a joy to have do our makeup, and what a beautiful job she did! I didn’t want everyone to not look like themselves, just a little polished – she nailed it! Everyone looked stunning – and my make up was wonderful – stayed all night – loved it!

Gina Joubert – Hair – A+

Gina as well is a joy to work with – she did a wonderful job! I went for 2 trials because I changed my mind, it was perfect!!! All the girls, just like Kimberlee, looked like them, just polished… I loved everyone’s hair! And mine was exactly what I wanted.

Kori Elizabeth Events – Day of Coordinator – A+

Kori is great to work with! We ended up needing her for rehearsal and the ceremony; she jumped in and did great! I was so confident and comfortable with her behind the scenes, she is great! I would recommend Kori to anyone – either day of or for a full planner! She really is great at her job, and you will not worry about a thing!

Photographer - Bharat Parmar – A+

Bharat is an amazing artist.  He just sees things and takes beautiful photos! You can see him “working” and thinking while taking photos, it is amazing. Our proofs are stunning! We have a “trash the dress” session with him in June, and I cannot wait! Again, highly recommend him – book him early! He is wonderful to work with and so is his team!

Videographer –  David Bettencourt – A+ (pending our video)

David is from RI and we searched high and low for him – he shoots in 8 mm and 16 – we loved his samples and had to have him! He does an amazing job! He is so easy to work with, and so far we have loved everything! We hope to have our “short” film soon! Highly recommend him!!

First Class Band through Hank Agency– A+

They are fantastic! Everyone raved – they couldn’t tell when the band went on break and they played a CD – they rock! Not only do they play oldies, they play all the hits. They are awesome; everyone was dancing up a storm! So many compliments! We had Jeff from the band play our ceremony – we had different song – Sunshine on my shoulders (John Denver), The Wind (Cat Stevens), Little Martha (Alman Brothers), and the Best Day of my Life (Bright Eyes) – the ceremony music was perfect – I could hear it from my hiding spot and was thrilled! Pamela from Hank Agency was a pleasure to work with! I would say to go to one of their showcases – we went to see 2 different bands and decided to go with First Class- they fit us perfectly!

Lighting – Boston Uplights – A+

This was something we were not going to do; until we went to a friend’s wedding that had them – it is the little something that you don’t miss until it isn’t there! Paul and his team did a wonderful job! They changed the colors to “green” when the band played an impromptu Irish song; the lanterns hanging were so soft and perfect.  We had them do their new element – hanging votives, amazing! If you are debating about uplights, I would say go for it!!! It is that little extra…

Sheraton Ferncroft – room block, welcome reception, breakfast – A+

The Ferncroft was great to work with the staff was so nice and great to have around; Dana was a delight to work with! We had a welcome reception for everyone on Friday night and the desserts were a hit, and breakfast on Sunday was wonderful! We had booked a room for all the girls to get ready in, and they set it up wonderfully - comfy and cozy like a living room! The only issues we had was for reservations – the reservations office had a few problems with some of our guests  - booking multiple rooms, telling them there were no rooms left, etc.  After they worked it out it was perfect – the banquet staff, rooms, food, everything went perfect!

Willowdale Estate – A+

I cannot say enough; the perfect Reception site; the perfect staff; the perfect food – I would not have changed a thing.  Seriously. When I dropped off all my stuff on Wed before the wedding I was done – no more planning, it was time for fun; I knew the Willowdale was going to be perfect (and I had a killer team with their staff and Kori) – I was told multiple times how calm of a bride I was Thursday, Friday and Saturday – and the only reason I was is I knew I had the best team behind me and great vendors! I wish the Willowdale had a restaurant so we could go visit on our anniversary (hint hint) – Colleen was a saint – before and during – making sure we were great all night! Briar was wonderful and her food is so good! (Compliments to the chefs, everyone raved!) And Emily was always there but never seen (she is always running to make it all run smooth!) what a team! Thank you to them 100 times over – the Willowdale was my favorite when we were searching for a venue, and we are so glad chose it! I will be raving about it forever! All of our guests were in awe of the beauty of the place – if you are looking for a wedding venue, I will say Willowdale!!!

If you want any of my vendor information let me know! I loved our weekend, and will post some more hints soon!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Re: 5/23/09 – Willowdale Estate Review!

Congrats Katie, so glad it was a dream come true!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from katie1980. Show katie1980's posts

Thanks it really was!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Sounds like you had an amazing wedding! Congrats! :-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Congratualtions Katie!!  Sounds like the weekend was perfect & you're still floating :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

Yay - so glad you had such a great day!  Selfishly I'm glad you loved Bharat and Willowdale because we're using both in 2 weeks!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kathbos. Show kathbos's posts

Katie:

So glad you enjoyed your day. Do you mind sending me quote info about Local Motion?

I am getting married at Willowdale in August and your transportation is exactly what I am looking for: school buses for the guests and a shuttle for the bridal parties.

You can post it here or if you don't feel comfortable you can email  kathbos at aol

So wonderful to hear that great review...makes me more excited for what's ahead!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEM81. Show GEM81's posts

Congratulations! I'm using both Tom Welch and Bharat for my wedding in July so I'm glad to hear how happy you are with both of them. I'd love to see some of your photos (he doesn't change up his website very often) if you wouldn't mind sharing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from katie1980. Show katie1980's posts

Hi GEM,
    What's your email? I will send the info to you!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from katie1980. Show katie1980's posts

Heathr
    are you getting dressed at the Willowdale? Our ceremony wasn't there but I got dressed there, I highly recomend it if you aren't planning it.  The photos are stunning.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEM81. Show GEM81's posts

[QUOTE]Hi GEM, What's your email? I will send the info to you!
    Posted by katie1980[/QUOTE]

Hey, it's gem0216atgmail.com.

Thanks, and congrats again!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from haleymarie82. Show haleymarie82's posts

Hello Katie and all other Willowdale brides!
    Although I plan to write a full review of all of our vendors when we get back from our honeymoon, I just couldn't resist adding my own two cents here before we sneak off. We had our wedding last night (yay!) at Willowdale and cannot say enough about the place! Every guest was in awe of the grounds, the house, the tent, everything. From what I hear, the food was amazing. The staff was unbelieveable! Colleen was so attentive that I was totally at ease leaving there the Wed. before the wedding. I felt like she was so on top of everything that I could totally relax and enjoy the big event. As I said, I'll write more of a review when we get back but wanted to give Willowdale a huge thumbs up for giving me my dream wedding!! 

Congrats Katie!! I hope you are enjoying your honeymoon!  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Congratulations Katie on your wedding and such a perfect weekend. Would you mind to tell us what a 'winebox' ceremony is? I have been out of the loop for a few years.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from staci1. Show staci1's posts

Congrats.... I'm glad you had a great day... question for you.. we have also booked Bharat.. did you tell him what pics to take.. or just let him do his thing... also did he take any pics that we're really different.. somthing that really impressed you?

Again congrats!!!

Thanks
    Staci
    ps.. we are getting married at the crane estate 9-4-2010!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from staci1. Show staci1's posts

hi sorry.. I agree.. Bharat doesn't update his sight to often.. would you mind sharing.. my email address is stacimoskovit71athotmail.com\

thanks again!!

Staci

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

[QUOTE]Heathr are you getting dressed at the Willowdale? Our ceremony wasn't there but I got dressed there, I highly recomend it if you aren't planning it.  The photos are stunning.

Hi Katie - Yes, I'm getting dressed there and am very excited because the room is beautiful.  (also me arriving at 1pm and the ceremony being at 3pm will make it hard for me to be late, which is a good thing for me).  We're also taking all 4 guest rooms that night, so I'm excited to stay over.  Did you do that?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

[QUOTE] From what I hear, the food was amazing. [/QUOTE]

Haleymarie - from what you hear?  Did you not eat??  :)  This is one common occurrance I'm hoping to avoid, but since I can't remember to eat when I'm at all remotely distracted/busy, I'm afraid it will happen to me as well!!

Thanks for posting the quick review before you jet off on your honeymoon!  Congrats on a great day and have a wonderful trip!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GK2bwed. Show GK2bwed's posts

Congrats!!! Everytime I read someone's reviews and it gets me very excited again. We are also having Tom Welch. I am interested in what his wine box ceremony was? Was this for an additional fee? Thanks!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from katie1980. Show katie1980's posts

Hi all,
    Sorry I am lagging on responses - Haley I was just thinking of you!! YEAH! Glad it was great too!!! I totally agree with Haley, I was so cool and calm - drop your items off on Wed, and then just relax! It was the best!

First, I did eat the food was great! My hubby and I sat and ate :) we made a point of it and didn't do the table hoping - it was a great decision!!! We ate fast, but at least had dinner! We also were able to see most people on Friday and Sunday (Welcome Reception and Breakfast) so we didn't feel like we needed to.

The wine box ceremony - Tom said a few nice words - my FI and I had to write letters to each other that had what we were feeling on our wedding day, why we love each other, etc.  We bought a beautiful wine box and a wine - then during the ceremony we place our letters in the box - and are to open them on our 25th anniversary.  We have decided that we will drink the wine on our first anniversary, replace it, and continuing opening the wines on the anniversaries. The letters will be for the 25th (the wine probably won't last 25 years is what we think!)  So the only cost was the wine, box, and letters.

We didn't stay in their rooms, but I think it would be really great if you can! :)

Staci - for Bharat - we did have a few must have shots, but they were the standard ones - he really is amazing! You see him working and it is like "bam, bam, bam" he is great!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from katie1980. Show katie1980's posts

I think I emailed everyone I needed to; if not let me know! Sealed

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

[QUOTE]I think I emailed everyone I needed to; if not let me know!

Katie and Haley - I had my long "timeline" conversation with Colleen last night and I hope you don't mind - I told her about your great reviews!  She was VERY excited that she had been mentioned by name. :)  She also said you were both very sweet brides! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from katie1980. Show katie1980's posts

Not at all; as long as she didn't mind!  Your wedding will seriously be great; the team they have there is awesome.  She is great, the food is great :)

Have so much fun!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Congrats Katie!!  I hope your day was as wonderful as mine was :o)  No rain woo hoo!!