6/13/09 Review - Peabody Essex Museum

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sundaisy. Show Sundaisy's posts

6/13/09 Review - Peabody Essex Museum

I'm not a huge poster, but the reviews were great for me when I was planning my wedding. Overall the wedding got an A+, I had a wonderful time, but here are the breakdowns for the vendor reviews.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions….(vendors in no particular order)

Transportation – HTS Limo – A-

The driver was very courteous and there were no major issues. However he did get lost going to the museum  which made us a bit late.

Caterers – Vinwood Catering – A+

They were downright amazing. The food was delicious (we had the filet mignon and the stuffed sole) and they packed a brownie bag for me and my husband so we could eat the food later! They took great care of us, very classy and just fantastic. I couldn’t give them a better review

Wedding Planner – Robyn Plans – A

Robyn did a great job of keeping us organized and definitely worked some miracles on the day of. (We had forgotten to give her Challah for the blessing over the bread and somehow there was Challah for us at the reception… Robyn really worked magic!)

DJ – Peter Diozzi – A

Peter did a great job keeping everyone dancing all night long. Always classy, always fun – really made the evening great for our guests.

Ceremony Musicians – Samantha Gillogly – A

Samantha and her string trio did a great job during the ceremony and the cocktail hour. The music was beautiful and she was very receptive to working with us around what songs we wanted. Really a great vendor to work with.

Venue – Peabody Essex Museum (Ceremony: library, Reception: EIMH) – A+

Great venue, truly beautiful and unique. Natalia, the coordinator there, was a pleasure to work with – even scheduling the walk through for a weekend because no time during the week would work. 

Alcohol – Hawthorne Caterers -  B-

Unfortunately they were the exclusive liquor providers for the museum so we were stuck with them. I found them to be much too expensive and it was difficult to work with their coordinator, Lindsay. 

Baker – Mary Bandereck – A

I had *dreams* about the wedding cake after I went to the tasting. We went with her Tiramisu cake and it was *DELICIOUS*! Actually priced it out and was equally as expensive (if not slightly less) than Cakes for Occasions whose cake we thought was the standard boring wedding cake…Mary’s cake was out of this world.

Makeup – Makeup by Nancy – A

Nancy did a great job with everyone who worked with her (moms/bridemsaids/me) I don’t think her website really showcases the best of her work as she is really a very talented makeup artist. I loved working with her.

Salon – Fringe salon – C

<sigh> I wish we hadn’t used this salon. They were great to work with (basically booked out the entire salon for the morning)…but their work was mediocre. I wasn’t happy with one of my bridesmaid’s hair, a family member was asked “when is your salon appointment?” right after she got back from the salon…another family member thought her hair was horribly done…and what was worst is that my hairdo completely fell out about 30 minutes into the reception. Robyn and her assistant (I <3 them) kept coming up to me with bobby pins trying to stick it back up, but it was beyond repair. Very frustrating.

Photographer – Mark Keene – A-

Mark does great work and his packages are very reasonably priced. We especially love that we’re going to get a disk of all the shots 6mos after the wedding. He’s a master at photo-journalism and his photography is great!! However…he is not very outgoing and that made the family formals very difficult. He didn’t call out what “groups” should be photographed so there was a lot of wasted time there and not enough formal photos. I couldn’t be more happy with the quality of the photos, but we wish he was less shy.

Hotel – Peabody Marriot – A

There were some hiccups at first about the room block and pricing, but they helped us sort them all out. The best thing was that they comped the bridal suite (YAY!) because we had enough people stay at the hotel and even brought champagne and chocolate covered strawberries into the bridal suite for us to find after the wedding. It was unexpected and great!

Florist – Lyndsey Loring – A

Lyndsey did all of the chuppah decorations as well as the bouquets and boutonnieres. (We used a family friend for the table arrangements) Lyndsey did a wonderful job and the flowers were just as I had described to her. She was also great with timing, delivering the bouquets early to the hotel and then coming back to the museum to do the chuppah decorations. Overall it was great working with her!

Florist – Personal Friend/ RoseSource – F

The personal friend was great…but it was rosesource ( www.rosesource.com ) that merited the terrible review. Basically the friend searched low and high for dark blue hydrangeas and finally found them on rosesource. She even called in to check with them that they were blue and not light blue (that the petal was not two tone with white and blue but only blue) Unfortunately rose source sent her very *light blue* hydrangeas which were horrible. They did a horrible job at dispute resolution and we got stuck with table decorations that we weren’t very happy with. Should not have used them – beware!

Please PM me if you have any further questions about any of the vendorsCool

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Re: 6/13/09 Review - Peabody Essex Museum

Sundaisy, congrats on your nupitals! I am happy that your wedding went so well. I am so sorry to hear about your hair! That would drive me insane. I am glad you didn't let it ruin your night, though! And I am so so sorry about your hydrangeas...the good thing is that I am sure none of your guests even noticed :)

Congrats, again! :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from s730. Show s730's posts

congrats & thanks for posting your reviews -- stinks about the bumps in the day but yay for an overall A+! :)
    i'm another vinwood bride, it would be great to hear more about them - i tried to PM you, but i guess we have to be "friends" ... request on the way!

again, congrats!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Congrats!  We had the same wedding day.  Sorry about your hair - I would have been livid!  Glad you didn't let it ruin your day.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

Sundaisy - Congrats on a great day!  Sorry about the hair/florist issues... But I'm glad you didn't let it mar your experience too much!

I know you did not ask for feedback so feel free to ignore... It seemed odd to me that it would take 6 months for you to get your photos on disd.  Did Mark tell you why it would take so long?  It raised a flag in me because we had ours a week and a half after the wedding (we didn't use Mark, though).  However there may be a very valid reason!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nsh1018. Show nsh1018's posts

Mary's cakes are great!  You don't hear alot about her but I have never had such great cake!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sundaisy. Show Sundaisy's posts

In Response to Re: 6/13/09 Review - Peabody Essex Museum:
    [QUOTE]Sundaisy - Congrats on a great day!  Sorry about the hair/florist issues... But I'm glad you didn't let it mar your experience too much! I know you did not ask for feedback so feel free to ignore... It seemed odd to me that it would take 6 months for you to get your photos on disd.  Did Mark tell you why it would take so long?  It raised a flag in me because we had ours a week and a half after the wedding (we didn't use Mark, though).  However there may be a very valid reason!
    Posted by heatherv1211[/QUOTE]

We have already seen all of the pictures :) People have 6 months to order from him on his website and he'll retouch any photos that are ordered. But! in 6 months, we'll get *all* of the photos (untouched) for us to do as we please :) (That way we can order all the prints we want after 6 months without paying him again :)) Does that make sense?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2become. Show 2become's posts

congrats, sundaisy!  I'm getting married at PEM this upcoming fall too, & using vinwood. Do you have any tips on dealing w/ hawthorne (lindsay) for the liquor? i'm kinda bummed that they have the exclusive liquor license - their prices are outrageous. I only met w/ lindsay once, but decided after that meeting that i definitely didn't want them as the caterer!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Sundaisy, does Vinwood offer tastings before the event? I have heard wonderful things about them, but know that some caterers don't do tastings beforehand. My brother and I are planning a 30th wedding anniversary party for my parents and are looking for a caterer. Thanks!