7/11/09 Wedding Review ---Long

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from preserves. Show preserves's posts

7/11/09 Wedding Review ---Long

Thank you so much for all of your advice & help in planning. You all were very helpful and so nice.  Wish I lived closer so I could make it to one of the board gatherings…

Dress – La Reine –Waltham  - A+

I had a great experience at La Reine. They listened to what I didn’t want and pulled great dresses for me to try on that were within my budget. I never felt pressured into buying any additional accessories there. Most importantly I LOVED my dress—a little sad to know I’m not going to wear it again.

Alterations – Elana’s (Downstairs from La Reine) – Waltham – A+

Elana was great and easy to work with. The dress fit perfectly and the bustle was easy for my mom to do after the ceremony.

Veil- Bella Bridals Etsy.com –B+

Great inexpensive veil—I believe it was $22 with shipping. The Ivory was a perfect match to my dressed. Loved the simplicity, but wish the blusher was a touch longer.

Hair- Salon Elgante- Bedford-A+

I’ve known Lisa for a long time and she’s great. She did a wonderful job on our hair.

Makeup- Lisa Rego- A+

Lisa was great too. Very nice –I’m not a big make up person so I was thrilled that she made sure I looked like myself on my wedding day.

Invitations –www.jeanm.com – B-

Lets just say you get what you pay for. In the end they came out ok, but the company made lots of mistakes with spelling and layout, which was very annoying.  There were also random ink spots on quite a few of our final invites.

Calligraphy- Classic Calligraphy- Burlington MA- A

Another great value, she was very fast and only charged about $2 for the inner & outer.

Ceremony- St. Brigid’s Lexington – A+

Beautiful & simple church. We had a full mass and Father Colletti was great. Everyone, to include non-church people were really impressed and enjoyed the service.

Limo – Lynettes- A+++++

I used Lynettes for my proms and formals in high school— and they still are amazing. All of the drivers were on time, and so nice. They were prepared and knew what they were doing—they ended up helping the groomsmen with the aisle runner at the church. They were really good too with my FSIL who easily gets carsick. Afterwards they really went above and beyond. I left my cell phone in our limo and our limo driver returned within 20 minutes. All of our bridal party commented on how nice they were too. Strongly recommend.

Flowers (Bouquets, Boutonnieres & Church) – Wayside Florists Concord MA. - A+++

I LOVED MY FLOWERS! I asked for colorful bouquets and they did not disappoint. I also really like that when we went for the consultation, he did not try to sell us anything crazy. I had a picture of what I wanted color-wise and they delivered. Again super nice people who were reasonably priced and easy to work with.

Reception- Boston Marriott Cambridge –A+

The events and banquet staff were terrific. Everyone had a great time, and loved the food. We have been to several Marriott weddings- all have been good, but the food here was exceptional. I ate during the reception but would have loved to have been able to eat more. The event managers were very good too, answered our questions, and when things did go wrong during the process were VERY prompt at remedying them. Thought it was a great value for the money as the cake and centerpieces were included.

Centerpieces- Madison Floral – A

Again I loved the flowers; I gave them a picture at the consultation and they did an amazing job. Very easy to work with.

Cake- Montillios – A++

We had the red velvet with cream cheese frosting. It was to die for. One of our friends is a pastry chef for a restaurant in NYC and said the cake was perfect.  Everyone at Montillos was very very nice, and easy to work with. The initial tasting was great, I ate a ton of cake all of which were good. What I really liked was the fact that they called to confirm the design and flower colors two weeks before the wedding incase we had a change.

DJ- Groove – Steve Sossong- A

Again great and easy to work with…everyone was up and dancing as soon as dinner was over which is exactly what we wanted.

Favors- Priscillas – Concord MA- A

We did two chocolate truffles. They were an amazing value, beautiful presentation and very tasty….I have had several calls to see if there were any leftovers.

Accommodations- Boston Marriott Cambridge – B

While the rooms were great, we had a lot of check-in issues.  VERY frustrating.

Photography – Pentinmalli Studios – Lexington MA – A

We worked with Tony who was very easy going and pleasant. They have the best package- 8 hours, which includes albums and print credits…they included the most for your money. Everyone had nothing but nice things to say about him…very excited to see the pictures.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Re: 7/11/09 Wedding Review ---Long

Congratulations, Preserves! I LOVE your bouquet! Where did you go on your honeymoon?

My brother got married at the Newton Marriott in 2004, and I still, to this day, remember the food being amazing! I guess the Marriott really knows what they are doing!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from preserves. Show preserves's posts

thanks so much!
    we went to the bucuti in aruba...it was perfect. i really did not want to leave-the whole island was beautiful- everyone there was so nice and helpful --would strongly recommend.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

I've been to Aruba with my family, I was 14, and I loved it. Hoping to go back sometime...maybe a future HM :) Glad you had a great time!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Congrats!  I'm really craving cake now after reading that description!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: 7/11/09 Wedding Review ---Long:
    thanks so much! we went to the bucuti in aruba...it was perfect. i really did not want to leave-the whole island was beautiful- everyone there was so nice and helpful --would strongly recommend.
    Posted by preserves

Did you get/ask for a center hallway room so you didn't get kept up by the slamming doors at the ends of the hallways?

Wasn't the Happy Honeymoon package great?  Did you take the sunset sail or the 1/2 day snorkel?  And, how about that goodie basket.  Mmmmm.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from preserves. Show preserves's posts

Kar--we got a middle room and did not hear anything. we did the 1/2 day snorkel, rented jet skis and did a half day jeep tour...everything was amazing. loved the goodie basket --esp. the gouda. took the el gaucho & fishbones suggestions, but discovered driftwoods (best fish i've ever had & i really don't do seafood). it was the perfect honeymoon...we would like to try and go back every 5 years. thanks for your aruba tips. :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

Great Review and looks like you had a great day! 

Nice to hear you liked Lynnette's.  We are about to book them and just wanted to see their fleet first to make sure they didn't smell or look dirty or anything.. just to be certain.  Their prices are great though and the look of the vehicles on facebook and online look great! 

Also, we choose the red velvet with cream cheese frosting from Montillios for two of our layers as well!  I'm so excited about it.. that was my favorite.  We picked a marble cake though for the bottom since we feed that.. wasn't sure if the red would get anywhere.. haha - probably not but just on the safe side!  :-)

Is Salon Elegante on North Rd in Bedford?  Was it something else before.. Renzos?  How are their prices?  I still haven't picked a person for hair and makeup yet so just curious?  I'm trying to stay in that local area. 

Thanks!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

What kind of check-in issues did you have the Boston Marriott?  Was it for yourself or for the guests?  Just curious.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from preserves. Show preserves's posts

Jan2010--
    The limos from lynettes were very clean. The stretch looked brand new. my dh & i splurged for the rolls royce to take us from the church to the reception. i was worth every penny b.c it was the only 30 minutes where we actually got to sit back and talk to each other without someone coming up to us.
    I think salon elegante is on north road...its kinda by dalias and bedford farms, and across from car dealships. Lisa Hughes is the owner. I have been going to her forever..she was very reasonable and did a great job on our hair. my girls who are used to nyc salons loved her. i also used Lisa Rego for make up (she has a merle norman studio in framingham but traveled to bedford for the wedding day). again i cannot say enough nice things about her. she was super easy going. all my girls really liked her too. i can get you both's contact info, and my real name to use as a referral if you'd like. (personal email sari922 at yahoo dot com)

trex--several of the rooms were not ready on time..and the groom was unable to check in early the day of the rehersal...our event coordinator was really good in following up on and working to resolve the situation. it was 100% the hotel/front desk staff that disappointed which is why i rated the hotel and reception separately.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

Thank you!!!

Sections
Shortcuts