Alterations - Central MA/Metrowest?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from starfish1979. Show starfish1979's posts

Alterations - Central MA/Metrowest?

Hi everyone,

I am in a wedding Labor Day weekend, and unfortunately i have just realized I need to get a few small alterations made on my BM dress. I am both extremely short on money and extremely lazy, so I am wondering whether anybody has suggestions for not-too-expensive alterers in the Metrowest/Central MA area? I am in Westborough and am hoping for as short a drive as possible. :P

Any suggestions would be most welcome. Thank you so much!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Alterations - Central MA/Metrowest?

hey, starfish, given those parameters, I'd say your best bet is truly google.  Anyone that does alterations can do simple ones, and then you can find one in a 5 mile radius.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

I'm in a wedding labor day weekend too!

I'd try looking on yelp.com.  I found a seamstress in my town that had good ratings.  I like the ratings so you can have some idea if people have had good or bad experiences.

To get an idea on pricing, I'm having my BM dress hemmed and the shoulder straps taken in for $55.  I think the hem alone would have been $30.  Also, she estimated 3 weeks to do the alterations, which surprised me!  So I'd drop it off ASAP! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdw1003. Show kdw1003's posts

I just dropped my BM dress off at G&G Tailors and Cleaners on Edgell Rd. in Framingham.  Estimated to be $70 to take the dress up 20 inches, hem, adjust the top and the straps.  She was very friendly and knew exactly what she was talking about.

Sections
Shortcuts