Band Help

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

Re: Band Help

We had Night Rhythm at our wedding and they were awesome.  They packed the dance floor, played just the right music, and sounded fabulous.  At the end of the night, after all of my vendors had really been great, the band stood out as the one thing that really made the party.  Very highly recommend.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

We had Unity from Murray Hill Talent, and they def. made the wedding. I was so nervous about having a band, but they were fabulous. I picked them because they could play older songs like EWF, Michael Jackson, and real oldies, but also, new stuff like Beyonce etc.  They keep the dance floor packed all night.  They would periodically check in with me to see if there was a song I wanted next (they had a play list, but would still check in to see)!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wedin2010. Show Wedin2010's posts

We had Groove Authority and they were great. Everyone loved them, they learned three songs for us and were super professional and knew their stuff. My husband really wanted a DJ and even he was happy with them--they did a great job with the music. We had a wide variety from current stuff to older stuff (Signed Seal Delivered, etc.), which was exactly what we wanted.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Summer2010. Show Summer2010's posts

We used Rare Form for our wedding and they definitely fit what you are looking for.  I felt the same way about our band as Jasmine - all of our vendors were great but our band MADE the party!  I highly recommend them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kbkp. Show kbkp's posts

We had Kahootz at our wedding...they are amazing! I think they can play everything under the sun! My brother and his fiance loved them so much they got them for their wedding this past fall. The band manger, Chris is great to work with and overall it was one of the best wedding decisions we made. As you know the music can make or break the night!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Colby2000. Show Colby2000's posts

We had Hip Pocket Orchestra at our wedding in October 2009.  We loved them!   People were dancing the entire night, everyone from my husband's 90 year old grandfather to our teenage cousins.  We felt they played a good variety of music....actually one of our guests tells me every time she sees me that it sounded as if Earth, Wind, and Fire played at our wedding!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ARAC. Show ARAC's posts

Hi Lily61 -

I've heard of the bands already mentioned...but I wanted to throw another band suggestion into the mix.  Have you ever heard of Boston Party Machine?  I was just at a fundraiser at the MFA on Saturday night...and they played a jazz quartet for the cocktail hour, and an 8 piece band for the main event.  They were really fabulous.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lily61. Show Lily61's posts

Thanks Everyone! We booked Night Rhythm and can't wait to start dancing!