Band Recommendations?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bianca01. Show bianca01's posts

Band Recommendations?

Hi everyone! I have finally progressed in my wedding plans to the point where I now need to find a band!! Has anyone heard anything about having urban revival band or radiance band for weddings?
    Thanks!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bleeble. Show bleeble's posts

Re: Band Recommendations?

I researched a lot of bands and kept notes. Radiance is OK, Urban Revival's video is about 15 years old and really, there's just one key member. It's Edwin and whoever he puts together for each event.

It all depends on your date. The really good bands get booked up 16 months in advance for popular dates. The ones that I saw live that I thought were really good were Night Shift, Soho, Flipside and K2. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I had Murray Hill Talent's Unity and they were amazing. They "made" the wedding, people are still talking about how good they were.   I wanted Flipside, their premier band, but they were booked. I was a little hesitant to go with Unity, but I now have no regrets. They played a wide range of music for all ages, and really got the crowd up and dancing. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

We're using Clockwork. We originally wanted Shine, but they were booked. Shine's band leader is the one who recommended Clockwork. I've been happy with the communication so far, but I won't have the real scoop until June. A friend of a friend also had Clockwork and had nothing but good things to say.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

I'm using Groove Authority too!  My finance actually found them through an internet search so we booked directly.  We did go to hear them play in person first though and they are really amazing!

Wedin2010 - when's your wedding? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

We heard that Beantown Band is really good, and we heard them live a couple of weeks ago, and they are AWESOME. We have not booked them yet, because we don't know if we are going the DJ or band route, but I highly recommend them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaBabe3. Show GinaBabe3's posts

We went with World Premier Band.  They have their own website and they play all over the South Shore.  We heard them play at a wedding in 2005 and we kept their card until we got engaged!  I got married this past November and they were simply amazing.  Our dance floor was packed and they play such a range a music.  We got so many compliments on the band.  We actually moved our wedding date because they were booked on the original date we wanted (which actually ended up working out great because we had fantastic weather that day).  They were pricey, but worth EVERY penny.  I highly recommend checking them out. 

Management companies often due showcases and its a great way to see a lot of bands.  We went and saw K2 and other bands too in Boston.  We weren't impressed with them, but honestly I think its a personal preference.

I also heard great things about Men in Black.

Good Luck!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bianca01. Show bianca01's posts

Hi All,
    Thanks so much for the suggestions. It was really hard to make a decision. I ended up signing with Shine and I am so excited!! Are there any brides out there that used Shine and want to share their feedback??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NS2011. Show NS2011's posts

Has anyone heard anything on The Cords or Soul City?  I am out of state trying to plan a wedding on the North Shore and am interested in getting a band.  It is difficult to decide since band promo materials are either so cheesy or they are recorded in a studio so it is difficult to tell what they will sound like live.  As with most everyone else, we just want a band that it is going to get our guests dancing all night. 

Thank you. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bleeble. Show bleeble's posts

I don't know the Cords, but Soul City has been around for many many years. I think I saw them play a  free concert by the waterfront about 10 years ago.  They would be good if your guest list is mostly older.

Not to disagree with the previous poster, but I would imagine planning an event from out of town would be easier by actually calling one of the entertainment agencies that represent a lot of different bands. It must be a lot harder to put things together from outside of the area. Best of luck to you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tex5. Show Tex5's posts

SSBride and Wedin2010..... Groove Authority is playing at our wedding this Saturday... Paul has been great to work with and we ended up booking through him directly to save on $ as well. It was tough getting around our wedding planner who suggested the agency but all worked out fine. I will give you both feedback when I return from our honeymoon 7/12. If you want some info before then let me know, send me your email address and ill send you something from my blackberry while I am away... (While sipping a drink on the beach, ahh cant wait!!)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tex5. Show Tex5's posts

Hi Wedin,

I will write a full review of vendors later in the week (only at 285 of 400 new emails so far, ugh) but the band was WONDERFUL! The dance floor was full the whole night and all our guests raved about GA!

Rest easy on this vendor choice!

We had our reception (in a tent) at the Commandants House in the Charlestown Navy Yard.

Any specific questions let me know and we can email!