Boston Uplights Blogged our Wedding!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Summer2010. Show Summer2010's posts

Boston Uplights Blogged our Wedding!

Boston Uplights was one of our favorite vendors.  Uplighting makes such a huge difference and is relatively inexpensive for the impact it has.  I highly recommend Boston Uplights and wanted to share the awesome pictures they took at our wedding.  Enjoy!

http://bostonuplights.com/Blog/?p=406

The last picture is actually not from our wedding though...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Re: Boston Uplights Blogged our Wedding!

very pretty, summer!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Wow.  Those are beautiful.

I now find myself very badly wanting to get married in Newport.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Summer2010. Show Summer2010's posts

In Response to Re: Boston Uplights Blogged our Wedding!:
    [QUOTE]Wow.  Those are beautiful. I now find myself very badly wanting to get married in Newport.
    Posted by lucy7368[/QUOTE]

Newport was such a great place to get married.  My husband and I love Newport and go there all the time in the summer which is why we decided to get married there.  Our guests, many of whom had never been to Newport, loved it.  There are things to do there during the day or they could go to the beach if they wanted to.  Everyone loved it and raved about what a cool place it was.  I'm from the midwest so it was awesome that we could provide our guests with a true destination to enjoy when traveling so far for a wedding. 

If you do decide on Newport I highly recommend Belle Mer.  They were flawless and so wonderful throughout the entire planning process.  Our event coordinator, Carrie, was the best.  She truly went above and beyond for us. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYEBride2010. Show NYEBride2010's posts

In Response to Boston Uplights Blogged our Wedding!:
    [QUOTE]Boston Uplights was one of our favorite vendors.  Uplighting makes such a huge difference and is relatively inexpensive for the impact it has.  I highly recommend Boston Uplights and wanted to share the awesome pictures they took at our wedding.  Enjoy! http://bostonuplights.com/Blog/?p=406 The last picture is actually not from our wedding though...
    Posted by Summer2010[/QUOTE]

So Beautiful Summer!  I love Newport, I work down there a lot and love driving by the weddings.  My FI's company did one of the buildings at Belle Mer so I'm semi- familiar with it but never been there. 

FI's one request was uplighting so we are having our done through our DJ.  Again, so beautiful with the lights and glad you had a great day!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

I know I've looked at the pictures, but will you all laugh if I ask what uplighting is?  Embarassed

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

it's lights that point up. Simple as that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Wow that's so gorgeous!!! Congrats Summer :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

it's lights that point up. Simple as that.
    Posted by pinkkittie27

I am glad you think I would have any idea what this means.   Wink

Does that mean lights on the ground?  Because, when I look at a lightbulb, I would say that it always points up, so much as light can "point" anywhere.  More to the point, I guess, what does it do?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

In Response to Re: Boston Uplights Blogged our Wedding! : I am glad you think I would have any idea what this means.   Does that mean lights on the ground?  Because, when I look at a lightbulb, I would say that it always points up, so much as light can "point" anywhere.  More to the point, I guess, what does it do?
    Posted by lucy7368

yes, the lights are usually placed on the ground and accentuate the walls, plants, or sometimes the ceiling. It's just another method of mood lighting. It's nice because it's not another bright overhead light, which we all know from office buildings and doctor's offices is just about the worst lighting you can have. Plus it can create color and depth where there isn't any.
    Here's a good example:

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Ok.  That helps.  I have trouble visualizing these things.  Thank you.  :)

Sections
Shortcuts