Bridesmaids' Hair - Cost??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maeve1127. Show Maeve1127's posts

Bridesmaids' Hair - Cost??

Hello! What's a reasonable price (or price range) for bridesmaids hair. I've asked friends about they paid for various weddings they were in and the prices have ranged drastically. I'm getting married in September in Scituate and I was planning on having the hairdresser coming to the hotel to do the hair.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Re: Bridesmaids' Hair - Cost??

I'd say around 30-40 would be reasonable.  With all the costs of dress/shoes/nails ect. spending a lot on hair does not make too much sense to me.   My hair dresser was more expensive, but I bought the girl's dresses so I thought it would even things out.    You are right, prices do vary greatly.  
    On a side note,  I don't think it is right to say to bridesmaids that they have to get their hair done, I think it should be an option, unless of course you are paying for them.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I don't know what the average is, but if the prices vary that widely, the average doesn't really tell you much. 

I do agree with ajuly, though.  Do not insist on your bridesmaids getting their hair done unless you pay for it.  Maybe that's already your intent?

~kar

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I would agree that the price varies a lot.  The best you can do is contact a few stylists and get the best price you can.  For my wedding, the price started at $50 at the salon.  (They say "starting" in case anyone has crazy long or curley hair, but I don't think they charged anyone more than that.)
    The last wedding I was in, up in Kennebunk, the salon charged $85.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

I think I paid around $75 per girl, but we had someone come to us.  I'm not sure how the pricing broke down, but it was $425 for me, 3 bridesmaids, and my MIL's blowout. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

I believe that the person who did my hair for my wedding charged around $75-85 for a BM updo.  None of my BMs had their hair done by her.  My MOH and sister did their own hair, and my other sister had her own stylist do her hair.  I think anything under $100 is reasonable for a  BM.  I also don't think that the bride should require an updo unless she is paying for it.  HTH.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maeve1127. Show Maeve1127's posts

Thanks for all your feedback. The hair is going to be totally optional for the bridesmaids - whoever wants to get it done can, but I want to leave it totally optional. I just want to make sure that I secure a reasonable price with whatever hairdresser I end up going with. Thanks again!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Most places that will come to your site appear to charge about $75 per BM (based on my research so far!).  If you do want them to come on site, many also have a minimum of doing like 3 people in the peak season (May - Sep I think), so you will probably want to ask your girls ahead of time so you know you will make the minimum.  Good luck!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

I called pretty much every salon in Barnstable to find the cheapest place for myself and my BM's.  The lowest price that I could find is starting at $65 per BM.  I am not requiring them to get their hair done so I am not paying for it. 

I think $65 is a little pricey considering a few of the girls have shorter hair. I have said repeatedly that they don't need to get their hair done, but so far each girl has said that she wants to.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Same as at the shop.  If the owner does your hair, you don't need to tip.  If someone who works for someone else does your hair, you tip.  Neither of them "keep it all," though, the owner has operating expenses.  So, I happen to tip owners, too, but not as much.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

Hi,

We had someone come to us, and I had the girls pay $50 each, and they tipped beyond that.  I paid $100.  The moms had just blowouts for $40 or was it $45..  The flower girl was $30.  My makeup was also $100, but the girls was only $35.  Again any tips were extra.  I think that is reasonable.. however I didn't require it for anyone, only if they wanted it.