Budget Friendly Vendors

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from katie1980. Show katie1980's posts

Budget Friendly Vendors

Hi all,
    Can you recomend budget friendly vendors?  I am helping a friend plan her wedding and the total budget is about $10,000 for 50 people.....

Looking for:

DJ

Photographer

Videographer

Florist

Justice of the Peace

I know for DJ they can do an IPOD (which is my recomendation) and flowers, order from Stop and Shop or DIY - I was just wanting to see if there were any other ideas!

Thanks in advance!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Re: Budget Friendly Vendors

Our DJ was awesome and the price was relatively cheap.  We used DJ Mark Cherone from Curtis Knight Entertainment.  The iPod would obviously cheaper, but if she wants a DJ, I think we paid like $900 for 4 hours.  (hmmm.. maybe that won't be in her budget).  Their website (pricing is listed):

http://www.curtisknight.com/

Our florist was also awesome and she works out of her house, so her overhead is very low.  Her name is Jody and she is *wonderful*!!  She did my 2 best friends weddings, ours and another BDC bride used her recently.  She was great about working within our budget.  Here's her website:

http://www.thebestweddingflowers.com/

Our JOP was great, her name is Karol Simon and works out of Billerica.  She does not charge extra on top of the MA fees, so I think it was $150 for her.  Her website:

http://www.karolsimon.webs.com/

Hope that helps!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

In Response to Budget Friendly Vendors:
    [QUOTE]Hi all, Can you recomend budget friendly vendors?  I am helping a friend plan her wedding and the total budget is about $10,000 for 50 people..... Looking for: DJ Photographer Videographer Florist Justice of the Peace I know for DJ they can do an IPOD (which is my recomendation) and flowers, order from Stop and Shop or DIY - I was just wanting to see if there were any other ideas! Thanks in advance!
    Posted by katie1980[/QUOTE]

Weird, I can only reply to specific posts! Oh BDC...

My JP was super awesome: www.blueskyweddingservices.com

It was a husband & wife team, John and Cathy Scuto. John does the ceremony and Cathy coordinated. I didn't think I needed a coordinator for the ceremony, but she set up, made sure the guys were all at the venue (lol), gave them their bouts, lined them up, etc. The help you create your own unique ceremony and we only paid $120, which included a couple meetings, the ceremony, rehearsal, and use of this ginormous ceremony planning binder. I can't recommend them enough!

My florist was Lyndsey Loring who was really inexpensive and incredible. I didn't really have a vision for flowers, but she took my incoherent babbling and gave me exactly what I wanted! I got a ton of flowers for under $400. www.lyndseyloringdesign.com

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

I had the same JP as above - blueskywedding.  I thought the husband wife team was wonderful.  They went above and beyond, especially for the price. The best was, you could alter the ceremony to your budget (including less or more). 

I also met with Lindsey Loring, and while I did not use her, I though her work was great and have heard a lot of positive feedback from people about the final results.  Her prices were very low for what I wanted.  The best way we kept prices down for flowers was to not have centerpieces. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from theflower4. Show theflower4's posts

[QUOTE]Hi all, Can you recomend budget friendly vendors?  I am helping a friend plan her wedding and the total budget is about $10,000 for 50 people..... Looking for: DJ Photographer Videographer Florist Justice of the Peace I know for DJ they can do an IPOD (which is my recomendation) and flowers, order from Stop and Shop or DIY - I was just wanting to see if there were any other ideas! Thanks in advance!
    Posted by katie1980[/QUOTE]I would have to agree that Curtis Knight was AMAZING!!!! We hired Curtis and Anna (the owners), so they wouldn't be in the budget, but I am sure another one of their DJ's would be. The quality DJing that they provide is well worth the money and she will not be disappointed!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from elmirag. Show elmirag's posts

If the bride or groom are in the military, Carol Merletti does free wedding service for military (I don't know all the details) but her website is www.weddingofyourdesire.com
    If not, they could have a family member or friend to the JP for a day thing- that costs $25.  http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=gov3modulechunk&L=1&L0=Home&sid=Agov3&b=terminalcontent&f=one_day_marriage_designation_instructions&csid=Agov3

Flowers- def. check into Stop & Shop. 
    Photo & Video for $1995 at www.photovideopackage.com
    DJ- an iPod may be an option since it's such a small wedding but hopefully someone can be exclusively in charge of it? I'd be a little nervous with that. Maybe look into Jeff Fowler? www.djfowler.com  I think pricing will depend on how long they need the DJ, but he starts at around $700. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Hi
    I second Trex's florist I used her a month ago and she's awesome. 

My DJ was fantastic and a great price.  He played from 4-10 (ceremony, cocktail hour and reception) and his prices were lower then others I found. He also brought some lights which were a great addition.  His name is Ken Drew and this is his website.
    http://djkendrew.com/ 

For the JP, you can get a friend or family member to marry you for $35 through the Governer's office.  That's what we did and we couldn't have been more pleased.  I bought a book on Amazon and we gave her things that we liked and she incorporated other things into it. 

I think her budget for 50 people is fine.  We had 86 people and we were under 7K for everything but the HM.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shell7. Show Shell7's posts

I too am planning a budget friendly wedding for August. I am using MC Productions for DJ. Three family members have used them recently. They did a great job and are very reasonably priced. 

I am also using Aurelle Russo for photography.  Again, she worked with family members of mine. We love our engagement photos and cannot wait for her to take our wedding photos.
    arusso.images@gmail.com

I haven't found a florist just yet but I will look into the ones recommended here!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikadoWeddings. Show MikadoWeddings's posts

Hi Katie,

DIY wedding projects will definitely help you guys stay within your budget. See below for some budget friendly vendors in Boston:

DJ: BE Wedding Entertainment http://www.bostoneventworks.com/wedding
    Photographer: Alexandra Roberts http://www.alexandraroberts.com
    JOP: The standard MA rate is $150. Some JPs add fees on top of the standard fee depending on what you're looking for.

Good luck! :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from simon08. Show simon08's posts

Posted by katie1980[/QUOTE]

Hi!  I used Carol Merletti for my wedding and she is AWESOME!!  JP's do have a set fee that they charge but as mentioned if in the military she does do free service.

I used Mark Alcarez from Arc Weddings (www.arcweddings.com) for photography and had him from pre-wedding until end of day (believe it was 9 hours) for it was either $2100 or $2300 and he gives you cd's with all your photos and you can print/choose which ones you want as they are yours to keep!  of course he does albums for additional fee as well.

Not sure where you are located regarding florist but got a pretty good deal with beautiful arrangements from The Governors Garden in Winthrop, MA

I used Ron Ferris (boopa productions) for a dj - he is actually the house dj for Spinelli's as well and he was pretty reasonable (under $1000)

we did a wedding for about 125 that came in about $16-18k which included the venue, flowers, dj, photographer, jp, etc.

Good Luck!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from katie1980. Show katie1980's posts

Thank you all so much!Sealed  I am going to send these over to my friend to see if she wants to meet with anyone!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kinga9. Show kinga9's posts

I just booked Portrait New England for photography. They are unlimited day coverage, CD with all rights, 100 tables cards, bride/groom album, 2 parent albums, and engagment session for $2200. It's a husband/wife team so you get two photographers and they have a photojournalistic/artistic style. They don't charge a travel fee either for anywhere in NE.
    www.portraitnewengland.com

Good luck!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

They can save money on a JP by having a friend or family member made JP for the day. It only costs $20.

They should figure out where they want the majority of their budget to go and then scout vendors from there.

As for caterers, I read somewhere on here about someone who used Kelly's Roast Beef and they were thrilled with it. If it's the summertime, they could do a pig roast, those are really affordable.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We only spent $500 on flowers (my bouquet, my MOH's, distinguished guest lapel flowers, and one alter arragement/unity candle wreath) because we skipped the reception flowers.  There are plenty of much cheaper ways to decorate.  Our wedding was in the Fall, and we had tea lights in leaf-shaped holders with candy apples that doubled as much enjoyed favors.  Nobody noticed there weren't any flowers at the reception to my knowledge - I know I didn't think it looked like something was missing.  I could have easily spent another $1000 if I'd had floral arrangements on all 10 tables, had an ailse runner, a couple of big arrangements in the church - it adds up fast, and no one notices if they aren't there.

I worked with Curtis Knight, and I found them very professional.  I didn't go with them only because I found out a dear friend had DJed weddings in college and had all the equipment, talent, etc., and he wanted to do it for us as his wedding gift (yay!).  But, I was totally comfortable with CK from our phone conversations.  And, their prices were the best I had found.  Something I found particularly good about them was that they had a staff of DJs and made a good effort to match the style of your wedding to the DJ that matched your style.  They seemed to understand how important that was to me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

FYI the JP for a day is now $35 in MA.  It's a very simple process and was very special for the two of us.

Sections
Shortcuts