Budget photographer for Plymouth wedding

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Budget photographer for Plymouth wedding

We're trying to do a champagne wedding on a beer budget in Plymouth this September.  Looking for a good photographer since obviously picture quality is important, but they need to be very reasonably priced and provide us with the high res digital prints.  Any suggestions?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Re: Budget photographer for Plymouth wedding

I used Arc Wedding Photography.  Mark was great and you get rights to the photos (all touched up) on high res cd.

Within a week he had most of the pictures posted on his website and we had the proof book and cd's by the time we got home from the honeymoon.

His packages range from $1200-3500.  My package was $1600.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ladydyanbride2009. Show ladydyanbride2009's posts

highly recommend checking out john loconte www.johnlophoto.com

awesome to work with and has great prices... very friendly!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

SSBride, I would check out Keith Berry at http://www.berryphotos.com

He has a package for $1995 that includes unlimited wedding day coverage. And it says on his website that all weddings booked for 2011 will get a free engagement session (are you getting married in 2011??)

Anyway, check him out, he also gets good reviews on here, as well!

GL :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from elmirag. Show elmirag's posts

Def. try Keith Berry and if he is booked, try Media Concepts in Whitman. Both have great work, similar prices.  www.photographybymediaconcepts.com
    also the search part of this website is "iffy" at best, you might want to try weddingwire.com for more ideas. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Thanks for all the suggestions.  Unfortunately Mark from Arc and John Laconte were both booked for my date.  I'm actually getting married on Sept 18th 2010.  We just got engaged on Xmas day so we're really fast tracking the planning. 

I'll definitely check out Keith Berry and Media Concepts.  I never knew photographers were booked so far in advance... keep the suggestions coming!!! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYEBride2010. Show NYEBride2010's posts

I don't know if you already found someone but I am using Pamela Helme from Fall River for my NYE wedding and her most expensive package with everything is $700.  She did my cousin's wedding in Sept and there is NOT ONE bad picture.  Her website is http://pamelahelmephotography.com/. She is very sweet and my cousin's wife is on the main page in her wedding dress.  Good luck!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from teeny331. Show teeny331's posts

How much would you expect to pay a photographer found through NESOP?  I really want someone who's artsy/photojournalistic, but who can also help coordinate people into the traditional photos.  I'd like to have someone there from prep to the last dance.  I'd prefer to do the album on my own, so I just want coverage with the rights to the photos.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

motbx, Jeff has gotten rave reviews here as long as I've been here (5 years).  Glad you can say the same!  If I had it to do over I'd have gone with him.

About students, teeny, make sure you're not the first wedding they've ever done.  They might be great photographers of still life, nature, or even people, but a wedding is totally different and takes practice.  As easy as it might seem to get those "classic" pictures it can go very wrong even for someone with the right equipment and a lot of non-wedding photography experience.  I know because we had a friend who is VERY into photography with all the right knowledge and equipment but no wedding experience do ours, and I cry every time I peruse our pictures.  I coudln't even put together an album they were so poorly composed.  I don't have one single picture I LOVE.

That's not to say that students are a blanket no-no, just make SURE you see their WEDDING portfolio, not just a great book of non-wedding photos that you assume means they can shoot a wedding.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

I love Jeff Turner's work too, but he books really fast!  He was alraedy booked for our August 2010 wedding when I inquired back in October last year!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from teeny331. Show teeny331's posts

That's very good advice, thanks Kar.  I didn't consider that.  I just checked out Pamela Helme's site, she's awesome!  John Lo and Jeff Turner are stunning as well.  I have to admit though, with the recent scams in the news about photographers pretty much disappearing, I'm a little wary.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

I'm using Jeff Turner too. If he's within your budget and has your date available, book him immediately!

If not, my best friend is a wedding photographer. She's relatively new at it. She's done about 12-15 weddings or so. She'd be doing mine if she wasn't in it! Here's the link to her Facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haverhill-MA/Alyssa-Proia-Photography/160150973193

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from teeny331. Show teeny331's posts

FriarGirl, I don't have facebook, and don't have access at work.  Does she have any other website?  I just checked Jeff's Investment and it's a little out of our price range.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

If Jeff is a little out of your price range you might want to just call him and see if he can work within your budget for packages that he doesn't list.  He might scale things down or whatever so that what you DO get is great even if it's a bit less product than what he usually offers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYEBride2010. Show NYEBride2010's posts

Teeny, I know it is scary.  I just put my deposit down with Pamela, so my date is officially saved on her website!  SO excited!  She is very sweet and did a fantastic job for my cousin's wedding.  Actually, their picture is going to be in the Taunton gazette thanks to Tux Towne coming up soon.  G.L!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

Teeny - She doesn't. She has a URL but her site isn't developed and there's no portfolio on it. I'm nearly positive you can access the page when you get home without having a Facebook account. If you google "Alyssa Proia Photography" it should be the second thing that comes up. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hclifford81. Show hclifford81's posts

I used Jessica Fineran out of Everett for my cape wedding last June.  She's very affordable!  She gives you the rights to your photos so you can print them wherever you want, and I think she starts at $1500 for a full day of photography and all your pics on a CD.  She has a website (www.jfineranphotography.com) and she's on facebook (j. fineran photography).  You can see a lot of her pics on facebook, including mine.  Tell her Heather sent you!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from candice211. Show candice211's posts

SSBride09 -
    i agree w/ kargiver.
    my fiance and I met w/ Jeff Turner and i think you will be very happy to have him if you can get him.  we are looking at photographers for our fall 2011 wedding - and he is at the top of list - not only b/c his prices are reasonable but b/c he seems to really take an investment in you and your day and (most important) has great images. keep us posted on your decision!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

I am totally obsessed with Jeff and emailed him yesterday about my wedding in August of 2011, even though I am not engaged yet, I know I will be by mid-April. My boyfriend let it slip that we will be engaged within 2 months, and he told me this on Feb 12th.

Have any of you booked a photographer before your venue???

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Thanks for all the advice ladies!  I ended up choosing a photographer, Matt Flynn (mattflynnphotography.com).  His rates are reasonable, but more importantly I fell in love with his pictures and think he'll do a really nice job.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Wow, I really appreciate the advice and am so sorry you ended up disappointed with your photos.  I have an upcoming engagement photo session with Matt and at least I hope that will give me a first hand preview before the big day, but based on your comments I think I'll have some family members keep an eye out to make sure we get the shots we want.

Do you have any other details on what went wrong that might help?  Did he work with an assistant for your wedding?  Did the album end up turning out ok?  I'm truly shocked since he showed us such fabulous photos from previous weddings, even one that was featured in a Newport magazine.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ation4409. Show Ation4409's posts

I'm a third for Berryphotos.  They actually have three photographers and from what I could see they're all phenominal.  What I liked best was that there were no time restrictions at all.  You get them the whole day - whatever number of hours that may be.  You get the disc of images included in the package and they don't hold it for a year or make you buy the album or pay more to get it.  Their albums  were the best I'd ever seen too.

Sections
Shortcuts