Cake 1 year later was still good.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Cake 1 year later was still good.

So our venue had a package deal that inlcuded a cake from Jacques in Suncook, NH.  The tasting with Jacques last year was fabulous, and the cake the day of the weddingw as fabulous. I looked great and tasted wonderful.

My MIL took our top layer home with her and put it in a tupperware cake container and then put it in their extra freezer.  We were not expecting much but we were very suprised.  It is just a few days over the year mark and we had the cake for Easter dessert and everyone loved it.  It was still moist and tasty.  To defrost she moved it to the fridge on Thursday.  The top layer was red velvet.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from circles82. Show circles82's posts

Re: Cake 1 year later was still good.

I always wondered about that. Thanks for sharing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

We're using Jacques too! It's part of a vendor package at our venue, so the cake is included with the reception.

I've always wondered if the top layer a year later would be a car accident. Our top tier will be carrot cake. How many slices did you get out of it?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

We had red velvet cake (I mention that again because it is my favorite cake) and it was so yummy, I cannot stress that enough I still want more of that cake :)   I would think that carrot cake would hold up as well but I have not had the experience of that.

The top of the cake was really tall so what we did was cut it into 8 wedges and then served half a wedge per person with ice cream :)  There were fourteen people there, so my DH and I took the remaining piece home and split that one as well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrookieBaby. Show BrookieBaby's posts

I'm glad you posted this.  We will be eating the top of our wedding cake this summer and were wondering how it would taste (it was a Konditor Meister cake).  I absolutely adore Red velvet, but ours was the Strawberry Grand Marnier, so we'll see if that does as well during the defrost process.  Wish us luck!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Happy anniversary!

This echos a similar sentiment from my friends who had gotten married at the Wayside Inn (Sudbury) and had had the Inn's wedding cake.  I think an airtight container makes all the difference.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Our Rosie's Bakery top layer tasted the same as the cake did on our wedding day. My mom wrapped it in like 20 layers of clingwrap before putting it in her deep freeze.
    Took about four days to defrost!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We used about 3 layers of aluminum foil - air is definitely the enemy!