Cake Cutting Song?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Re: Cake Cutting Song?

I don't see what the big deal is, easydoesit.  It probably took a grand total of 3 minutes for us to get up and feed each other a bite of cake while the guests watched.  Plus they were still sitting and eating.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

In Response to Re: Cake Cutting Song?:
    [QUOTE]I don't see what the big deal is, easydoesit.  It probably took a grand total of 3 minutes for us to get up and feed each other a bite of cake while the guests watched.  Plus they were still sitting and eating.
    Posted by framerican51008[/QUOTE]
    No big deal: one of my favorite expressions is, "It don't (sic) matter."  I was just pointing out that, when making a decision, one of your options is to decide to do nothing!  To each his/her own.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxgirl44. Show Soxgirl44's posts

We used How Sweet It Is by Michael Buble (i love Michael Buble) and as much as I like the James Taylor version we already used a James Taylor song.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cake Cutting Song? : No big deal: one of my favorite expressions is, "It don't (sic) matter."  I was just pointing out that, when making a decision, one of your options is to decide to do nothing!  To each his/her own.
    Posted by easydoesit2[/QUOTE]

Fair enough.  I do recall at least one wedding where the bride and groom just kind of cut it in the corner while most people weren't paying attention.  Certainly didn't hurt. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trigirl627. Show Trigirl627's posts

We used Susan Tedeschi's version of  "Loving You is Sweeter than Ever" by Marvin Gaye. We're big fans of Susan and her husband Derek Trucks who is in the Allman Brothers Band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TJCKhmEF7U

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

[QUOTE]..I do recall at least one wedding where the bride and groom just kind of cut it in the corner while most people weren't paying attention.
    Posted by framerican51008[/QUOTE]

Well, we were TRYING to do this
    And Kargiver, I can top you -  I don't remember if we fed each other.  Honestly! 
    My then-FI and I didn't want a grand thing during cake cutting - no song was chosen, we just walked over to it and wanted to cut it and then move on.  But somehow the kids must have been keeping an eye out, or someone did, because as we moved towards the cake (of course, our photographer who is 7 ft tall was in tow, so perhaps that gave it away, lol?) we heard the buzz "they are cutting the cake! they're cutting the cake!"

So when we looked up as we stood behind said cake and cut it together, there were 1000 eyes watching! 

Still, I don't remember if we fed each other.  I KNOW we didn't do the smoosh cake in face thing or not even dab a bit of icing on nose thing. 

hmmm.... I bet my DH will totally remember if we fed each other!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LauraW7. Show LauraW7's posts

I'm considering "simply" by cate kanell, "the way i am" by ingrid michaelson, and "come around" by rosi golan.

www.catekanell.com
    www.ingridmichaelson.com
    www.rosigolan.com

good luck!

Sections
Shortcuts