Caramel Apple Favors

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxgirl44. Show Soxgirl44's posts

Caramel Apple Favors

I know someone had used caramel apples as a favor for their wedding this past fall and said that they got them at Stop and Shop. I don't know if this poster still checks the board but was wondering if you needed to put in a special request for them. You had said they turned out great and were only around $1 each. i am getting married in oct and thought it was a fun idea. Thank you so much.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from starbuckslas. Show starbuckslas's posts

Re: Caramel Apple Favors

HI Soxgirl-

That was me... We did ask them or place a larger order for us.. They fell through on that. I literally bought every single pack and triple pack of apples they had. The store manager was kind enough to give me the pricing like I only bought triple packs.

I repackaged them by going to michaels and getting some little plastic wilton bags. I bought brown raffia and fake maple leaves. I punched a little hole in the maple leaf and wove the raffia through it. They came out so cute. Just keep in mind it will take you a few hrs to repackage the apples. People really loved them. I bought them on the thursday before my saturday wedding...

Best wishes.. I think I have a photo of the finished look if you'd like to see it. I'll email it to you

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

If you happen to not go with S&S for any reason, anywhere you look for candy or caramel apples, I'd assume you'd need to call ahead and place an order. Not many places would carry tons of them all made because of the short shelf life. Starbuckslass was really lucky it worked out!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

what may be a fun idea...go apple picking and make them yourself.  apple picking season would be close to your wedding day...
    you can always melt the caramel, get the bags & ribbon/twist ties @ michaels or ac moore...
    apple picking just may be the "stress reliever" u need right before your wedding

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I almost always agree with lar, but I have to warn against leaving this task to do yourself the day (or two, max) before your wedding.  The tops of the apples do turn brown after a day or so where you put the stick in so you can't make them too far in advance.  And, you'll need to keep them refrigerated until as close to the reception as possible to keep them from being too soft or even melting. Do you have enough baking sheets to cool them on?  Room in the fridge?  Time with OOT guests around and all the running around you'll be doing?

It's not a big deal to make a batch of 10 - 20 caramel apples, but doing more than that in summertime, however, would be a stressful job best left to Stop & Shop IMO. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from november2009. Show november2009's posts

Wilson's Farm in Lexington carries great carmel (candy and chocolate too) covered apples.  Maybe you could look into getting a quantity discount from them.  Now I am craving one of these....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxgirl44. Show Soxgirl44's posts

Thank you so much girls for the info. Starbukslas I remember commenting on your wedding and asking, but I know you probabley had so much going on. I would love to see what they would look like my e-mail is Trace2526 at yahoo. Thank you so much and I will remember to put in an order if thats what we end up doing. My bridesmaids had discussed going apple picking and how much fun that would be but it would also be a big task to put them all together. Wilson's does have awesome caramel/candied apples...I grew up right up the street from them. Thanks again. Starbucklas I am so glad you still check the boards. Its 4 months from yesturday...I am getting excited and nervous. My 1st shower is tonight...the girls at work are throwing me 1 and then my other shower is Sunday. Busy weekend and still so much to do.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from memes98. Show memes98's posts

Hi, just in case you’re looking for another option, I did caramel apples from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory at the Wrentham Outlets (www.rmcf.com) for my favors. This isn't a local farm or Stop & Shop, but in my search I found Rocky Mountain to be the best quality for the price. I had a hard time finding a local farm that I was confident would do what I wanted....and a lot of them were hard to get in touch with. I was so not a DIY bride, and Rocky Mountain was able to package them all up for me with the ribbon that I had given them in my wedding colors.  This is one of the things we got the most comments on after the wedding, everyone LOVED the apples and thought they were such a great idea and delicious! I worked with the store manager, Kathy, and she provided great customer service and gave us a 10% discount off our order. HTH - Good luck!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soon2bMrsColin. Show Soon2bMrsColin's posts

In Response to Caramel Apple Favors:
    [QUOTE]I know someone had used caramel apples as a favor for their wedding this past fall and said that they got them at Stop and Shop. I don't know if this poster still checks the board but was wondering if you needed to put in a special request for them. You had said they turned out great and were only around $1 each. i am getting married in oct and thought it was a fun idea. Thank you so much.
    Posted by Soxgirl44[/QUOTE]

I know Phillips Candy House does Candy apples (they are to die for!). And when you buy so many their discount goes higher and higher. I had a friend use them for other chocolates as favors.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from psrn717. Show psrn717's posts

Hi Soxgirl,

I toyed with the same idea for my Nov 1 wedding last year.  Ultimately, I chickened out.  I was really just too worried about the time commitment to do them myself.  (Also, we were really after the "apple season")  But, I did do some reseach.  You may want to call some of the orchards in the area.  We ended up doing mini apple-butter from honey pot hill in Stow, MA.  (Self-made labels doubled for seating cards).  But, I know they did caramel apples last year.   Good luck!