Casual Gourmet?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kinga9. Show kinga9's posts

Casual Gourmet?

Has anyone ever used Casual Gourmet for their caterer?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from flychick. Show flychick's posts

Re: Casual Gourmet?

I'm from the Cape and got married there too a few years ago.  We used Casual Gourmet for our rehearsal dinner and our wedding cake (which was yummy!).  My family has used them for various occasions over the years - always good.  They've been around for 20 or so years I think and have an excellent reputation.  If Olive is still there, she's great to work with and has a great staff too.

I think I saw that you were also looking for venues on the Cape.  Check out the Casual Gourmet's website - they list a bunch of venues where they do catering that most brides don't normally think of when they look at the Cape.

Congrats on your engagement.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kinga9. Show kinga9's posts

Thank you! It's quite an exciting time for us right now!

Good to hear that someone has used them and liked them, they have great reviews. It's going to be interesting trying to plan down the Cape when I don't live there, but my parents are in Harwich so that's a huge help. Where did you have your rehearsal dinner?
    In Response to Re: Casual Gourmet?:
    [QUOTE]I'm from the Cape and got married there too a few years ago.  We used Casual Gourmet for our rehearsal dinner and our wedding cake (which was yummy!).  My family has used them for various occasions over the years - always good.  They've been around for 20 or so years I think and have an excellent reputation.  If Olive is still there, she's great to work with and has a great staff too. I think I saw that you were also looking for venues on the Cape.  Check out the Casual Gourmet's website - they list a bunch of venues where they do catering that most brides don't normally think of when they look at the Cape. Congrats on your engagement.
    Posted by flychick[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from flychick. Show flychick's posts

Unfortunately I can't help you with a recommendation for a rehearsal dinner, we had ours at my parents' house.  Casual Gourmet did all the food for us, I think we had about 40 people.  We're more mid-Cape, I don't know too many places in the Harwich/Chatham area - is that where you are getting married?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

My best friend had her RD at Swan River, Kinga.  They did a buffet for nearly 200 people, and the food was fantastic!  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tgihal. Show tgihal's posts

In Response to Re: Casual Gourmet?:
    [QUOTE]My best friend had her RD at  Swan River , Kinga.  They did a buffet for nearly 200 people, and the food was fantastic!  
    Posted by Rirlo01[/QUOTE]

2oo epople to the rehearsal dinner?  how many to the wedding?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

200 people at the rehearsal dinner?  Must have been at least 1000 at the wedding!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

Ha!  :)  Nope, I think more like 250 at the wedding.  They invited all the guests to the RD, and a good chunk took them up on it. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

Also, as you probably guessed, Kinga, they welcome groups of ALL sizes.  Just wanted to recommend the restaurant.  I really thought they did a great job. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kinga9. Show kinga9's posts

Thank you for the suggestion, it doesn't come up in searches so it was great to get it from an insider. Wow, 200 people at the rehearsal..that's pretty amazing. We're looking at 200 for a guest list, with about 80% traveling from out of state. So far we've narrowed it down to the Pelham House, Lighthouse Inn, Corsair and Cross Rip, and Captain Linnell House. I'm heading down to the Cape for the holiday so we have three appointments Sunday morning....my head will be spinning by the end of the day!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

Happy to help.  Great options you have on your list!  I got a little worked up planning for our appointments, but then I ended up being pretty prepared and totally geeked out with an Excel sheet to compare the leaders when we'd narrowed the field.  I hope Sunday is fun for you!  :)  Merry Christmas!   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kinga9. Show kinga9's posts

ha! I made a spreadsheet too! I have OCD when it comes to these types of things!

Thank you! Merry Christmas to you as well!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Hello Kinga,

I haven't been to any Casual Gourmet functions but they did the cake for my wedding and it was amazing.  I will try to attach a picture so that you can see.  Also, I've been to their Centerville location for lunch and that was great too.

Good luck!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kinga9. Show kinga9's posts

Yum! It looks great! Thank you!