Caterer Suggestions, anyone?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tessy1285. Show Tessy1285's posts

Caterer Suggestions, anyone?

Hi All,

I'm getting married next September 2011 in Southeastern, MA outside under a big tent and am looking for a good caterer for our cocktail hour and reception, who offers good food, but is also flexible and can work within a budget.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Looking forward to any and all feedback!
    Thanks in advance!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Caterer Suggestions, anyone?

Welcome Tessy!

I don't have any suggestions, but thought I'd at least say hi and welcome you to the wedding boards.   If you have a ring you like to "show off" we have a "Show us your ring" thread somewhere...if you can find it, lol!  Also, there's a "Show your dress" thread somewhere, too, when the time comes.

There are other South Shore brides here who can help, I'm sure.

GL and see you around!

~kar

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

My friend had The Silent Chef for her wedding and it was VERY reasonable per person and the food was great.  They had apps/salad/dinner/dessert and it was not expensive.   They are out of Scituate, but i'm sure would travel to where you need them to. 
    http://www.silentchef.com/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RebeccaTeck. Show RebeccaTeck's posts

Hi-

We recently got married in Boston and we used Kelly's Roast Beef as the caterer! It was awesome- and unexpected for our guests. Everyone raved about the lobster rolls and hand carved roast beef sandwiches. They have a great catering dept (can accomodate any need)  and it was so reasonably priced.
    Dealing with Kelly's was super easy.
    They also were our bartenders and servers- so professional and made it really enjoyable!
    Good luck!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from HappyFrappy. Show HappyFrappy's posts

I used Fine Catering by Russell Morin for my wedding in September ‘09 in Canton. They are a large catering company based out of Attleboro. They have meal options to fit most budgets, plus their service is complete. No additional fees for items such as flatware, dinnerware, linens, etc. Also, we were able to provide our own alcohol and wedding cake. They did not charge corkage or cake cutting fees for doing so. DH and I just left feeling we didn’t have to compromise on the quality of food just because we had a smaller budget.  I HIGHLY recommend checking out Morin’s if you're looking for great food at a great price!

www.morins.com

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rness. Show rness's posts

I have a great caterer for you! 
    Jonathan Dunn at http://www.lavishlydunn.com/index.html
    He catered my wedding in June 2007 on SIX DAYS notice and it was amazing.  I still get compliments. Price was totally reasonable.  Tell him Richelle and Mark from the Fuller Craft wedding on 6 days notice sent you.  He's so nice, the food was yummy and beautiful and prices great.  He stepped in when I fired our original caterer for jerking me around last minute and saved the day.  Hope it works out and good luck with planning.  Have fun!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kendrasbigday. Show kendrasbigday's posts

Vinwood or East Meets West -- excellent food, great friendly people!

http://www.eastmeetswestcatering.com/

http://www.vinwood.com/

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RubeGoldberg. Show RubeGoldberg's posts

Hands down the best wedding caterer is Season To Taste Catering. Inventive locally sourced menu with awesome staff. Our wedding food was off the hook, and our friends and family raved about the food. They are a little pricey, but we wanted the focus of our wedding to be locally sourced/organic and found that the extra expense was well worth it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gujhiu. Show gujhiu's posts

welcome come to our b2cshop website: http://www.b2cjersey.us

everybody!sorry bother your time a min,we are serious and professional jersey supplier,we can offer NFL,NHL,MLB,NBA jerser,the NFL jersey 18usd each,the NHL jersey 38USD each.MLB jersey 18usd each,NAB jersey 18usd each.we have many jerseys of other players, so please contact us for more information if you are interested in .

1) More pictures available on our website                            ( http://www.b2cjersey.us )

2) Many colors available .
    3) Perfect quality, small order accepted .
    4) 100% safe door to door delivery, within 5 - 7 days air express for small orders .

5) We have lots of jerseys in stock

6) Letters and number are sewn on b2cshop body, 100% embroidery

7) Size: .48, 50, 52, 54, 56, 60

8) Delivery by UPS, DHL, EMS door to door

9) Delivery in 5 - 7 days

NFL,NBA,MLB all are 18usd!!!!

The jerseys in stock may be updated everyday !
    come on,join us!

http://www.b2cjersey.us

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHchef. Show CHchef's posts

I'm a bit biased because I work there, but you should look into 9 at Home, Barbara Lynch's No. 9 Park style catering company.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tessy1285. Show Tessy1285's posts

Thanks everyone!! I appreciate all your help and suggestions. I'm definitely going to look into all the above and it feels much better to have some suggestions and a solid start to my search..

Many thanks!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowswithcoffee. Show cowswithcoffee's posts

Green Olive Catering- they were WONDERFUL and we got a good price for what we got. SO FLEXIBLE. Willing to work with you and listen to what you want. My wedding was in July. The staff was superb. They helped us carry gifts out to our cars! I didn't feel rushed out the door like most caterers make you feel at the end of the night. They used to be in Woburn but are now in Everett with Rita's Catering. http://www.greenoliveco.com/

In Response to Caterer Suggestions, anyone?:
    [QUOTE]Hi All, I'm getting married next September 2011 in Southeastern, MA outside under a big tent and am looking for a good caterer for our cocktail hour and reception, who offers good food, but is also flexible and can work within a budget. Does anyone have any recommendations? Looking forward to any and all feedback! Thanks in advance!!
    Posted by Tessy1285[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mike0088. Show mike0088's posts

http:rad.yahoo.===== http://www.buyshopping.us =====

50%off ca,ed hardy t-shirt$15 jeans,coach handbag$33,air max90,dunk,polo t-shirt$13,,lacoste t-shirt $13 air jordan for sale,$35,nfl nba jersy for sale

puma gucci$35,nike jordans six ring,yeezy$%5!!

new era caps$13 gucci handbags jeans,t-shirts sunglass,caps

true religion jeans$35,ca,ed hardy jeans$35

LV,CHANAL,HANDBAGS$35

NIKE SHOX+AIR MAX+TL3+OZ+NZ ONLY $35

UGG TIMBLAND+LACOSTE SHOES+ED HARDY SHOES$35

DIESEL T-SHIRT,GSTAR T-SHIRT,CA T-SHIRT,50% OFF FOR SALE $15

DIOR SUNGLASS,DG SUNGLASS$15

our website: ===== http://www.buyshopping.us =====

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pmarrero128. Show pmarrero128's posts

Gourmet Caterers out of Boston or Sandrino's Catering out of Andover I think

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rapunzel41. Show Rapunzel41's posts

In Response to Re: Caterer Suggestions, anyone?:
    [QUOTE]I used Fine Catering by Russell Morin for my wedding in September ‘09 in Canton. They are a large catering company based out of Attleboro. They have meal options to fit most budgets, plus their service is complete. No additional fees for items such as flatware, dinnerware, linens, etc. Also, we were able to provide our own alcohol and wedding cake. They did not charge corkage or cake cutting fees for doing so. DH and I just left feeling we didn’t have to compromise on the quality of food just because we had a smaller budget.   I HIGHLY recommend checking out Morin’s if you're looking for great food at a great price! www.morins.com
    Posted by HappyFrappy[/QUOTE]

They are a family business that also owns / operates Morin's Restaurant in Attleboro.  My MOH worked for them for years and cant' say enough good thing about them and their food!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rapunzel41. Show Rapunzel41's posts

[QUOTE]Green Olive Catering- they were WONDERFUL and we got a good price for what we got. SO FLEXIBLE. Willing to work with you and listen to what you want. My wedding was in July. The staff was superb. They helped us carry gifts out to our cars! I didn't feel rushed out the door like most caterers make you feel at the end of the night. They used to be in Woburn but are now in Everett with Rita's Catering. http://www.greenoliveco.com/ In Response to Caterer Suggestions, anyone? :
    Posted by cowswithcoffee[/QUOTE]

I'm using Green Olive for my wedding next week but I'm reserving any recommendations until after the service.  I was thrilled when we first booked them but much less thrilled over the last six weeks.  We'll see how things go next Saturday...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

[QUOTE]Hi- We recently got married in Boston and we used Kelly's Roast Beef as the caterer! It was awesome- and unexpected for our guests. Everyone raved about the lobster rolls and hand carved roast beef sandwiches. They have a great catering dept (can accomodate any need)  and it was so reasonably priced. Dealing with Kelly's was super easy. They also were our bartenders and servers- so professional and made it really enjoyable! Good luck!
    Posted by RebeccaTeck[/QUOTE]

I love Kelly's! That's so great that they do weddings!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tex5. Show Tex5's posts

A few quick notes...

Green Olive...Attended (also a bridesmaid) a wedding in June where they ran out of food and what we did get was cold. Cold as in frozen. Several tables recvd chicken when they had ordered steak because they ran out. My husband was served 3 frozen vegetables and a baby potato, (no steak or chicken). I was served a cold (gray) steak, no potato and one carrot. The bride was refunded for the tables they screwed up on but... inexcusable in my book

The Simple Chef....Interviewed and was not impressed. Completely turned off actually.

Wildflour... Is who we went with and couldn't have been more pleased. Still hearing from guests it was the best wedding food they have ever had. Our wedding reception was tented and we served surf and turf. We worked with Amy and she was amazing.

Hope this helps... Have a nice weekend everyone!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

We had our reception in Canton, MA and it was catered by the Lafayette House restaurant out of Foxboro, MA.  No complaints and I thought the prices were reasonable.  Prices were about $55-70 pp including veg/dip, cheese/crackers, hors d'oeuvres, salad, dinner, cake, coffee, servers, linens, china, silverware, etc.
    (The other caterers we could choose from charged separately for silverware, etc.)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tessy1285. Show Tessy1285's posts

Appreciate your thoughts and feedback, thanks!

[QUOTE]A few quick notes... Green Olive...Attended (also a bridesmaid) a wedding in June where they ran out of food and what we did get was cold. Cold as in frozen. Several tables recvd chicken when they had ordered steak because they ran out. My husband was served 3 frozen vegetables and a baby potato, (no steak or chicken). I was served a cold (gray) steak, no potato and one carrot. The bride was refunded for the tables they screwed up on but... inexcusable in my book The Simple Chef....Interviewed and was not impressed. Completely turned off actually. Wildflour... Is who we went with and couldn't have been more pleased. Still hearing from guests it was the best wedding food they have ever had. Our wedding reception was tented and we served surf and turf. We worked with Amy and she was amazing. Hope this helps... Have a nice weekend everyone!
    Posted by Tex5[/QUOTE]