Ceremony Musician

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from breezesunshine. Show breezesunshine's posts

Ceremony Musician

I need some help finding affordable string duo musicians for my ceremony and cocktail hour. My wedding will be on 3/26/2011 in Windham, NH.

Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dani273. Show Dani273's posts

Re: Ceremony Musician

I work for Dior cosmetics and sometimes we hire Berkley students to come out and do events for us. We have had vocal soloists and string trios come out to Macy's in Boston durring the holiday time. Being students, I imagine that they work at a rather reasonable price. They have done beautifully and everyone was capitvated by their performance. I would try getting intouch with the music department at Berkley and see if that gets you anywhere.....good luck!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

I agree with Dani to check out Berklee. We posted an ad on their job board and got a ton of responses.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

You might also check gigmasters.com for different options and reviews. 

We booked The International String Trio. They will also perform as a duo (guitar, violin).  THey were fabulous:
    www.slavatolstoy.com/trio

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

What is considered affordable for you?  I researched a few companies and they all charged about the same, around $500-600 for a duo for 2 hours (that was ceremony + cocktail hour).  Here are the companies we contacted:

www.occasionalbrass.com  (brass and strings avail)

www.azaleachambermusic.com

www.slavatolstoy.com

www.intermezzoplayers.com

I found all through recommendations on wedding boards and they all were very nice, responded quickly (especially Carol at Intermezzo).  We ended up going with a guitar/flute duo (FI loves guitar).  Hope this helps!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

I contacted UNH for my NH wedding and got a ton of responses from students and faculty.  We ended up with faculty that were part of the Jazz program (we had a jazz guitar duo) and could not have been happier.  They did an amazing job and were very affordable. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from breezesunshine. Show breezesunshine's posts

thanks for all the responses! :) I found International String trio and will book with them for a duo!

Also, what instruments would you recommend for a duo? I am thinking violin and cello, but wonder if that is the right choice?

thanks!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

For a duo, International String Trio usually recommends a guitar and violin.  Those two instruments really sound beautiful together.  If you would prefer a cello, you can talk to them about it though.  :)  Their trio is usually guitar, violin, and bass, but they can arrange to add other instruments or change the instruments.  The bass provides the rhythmic background to the music, but guitar and violin will provide beautiful harmony and melody.  We had initially booked them as a guitar and violin duo, and I'm sure they would've been wonderful that way.  We found some extra room in the budget at the end and splurged on the bass too. 

I think you will be very pleased with them if you book.  They play really beautifully, and they have a fun and diverse song list.  They can transition really nicely from classical/more serious ceremony music (if it's what you want), to lively cocktail hour music.  We had them playing classical (before the ceremony), klezmer (recessional), and jazz (cocktail hour).  I think live ceremony music is a romantic, classy touch.  :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from breezesunshine. Show breezesunshine's posts

Thanks Jasmine! I did book with International String Trio, I even splurged and decided to go with trio instead of duo. I think the extra money is worth it. They will be the life of the party for sure. From their recordings and videos, they seem like an amazing group of artists. I am very excited.

Thanks all!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

congrats on the booking!  I think you will be very happy with them.  they are a very talented and enjoyable group.  :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dreamer-6-19. Show Dreamer-6-19's posts

I am having a violin and cello for my wedding.  They sound beautiful together!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kendrasbigday. Show kendrasbigday's posts

In Response to Ceremony Musician:
    I need some help finding affordable string duo musicians for my ceremony and cocktail hour. My wedding will be on 3/26/2011 in Windham, NH. Thanks!
    Posted by breezesunshine

I recommend contacting Berklee. Lots of great musicians! Happy planning!

http://www.berklee.edu/majors/?gclid=CKfOk-uSpaECFYp95QodqEJeOg

Sections
Shortcuts