Ceremony musicians for less than $400?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Ceremony musicians for less than $400?

Hi Guys!  I was thinking it would be nice to have live music for the ceremony, but not sure we can fit it in our budget.  The whole thing should be short, only needing about 1 hr.  Any recommendations for musicians for under $400?  Any type of music would be fine I think, we just need it cheap and I have no idea how much this type of thing might cost!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Re: Ceremony musicians for less than $400?

see if you can get in touch with students from Berklee or the Conservatory, if you're having it near Boston.
    I once hired a string trio from Phillips Andover Academy to play music at an open house in Lawrence. They did a lovely job and the price was very very reasonable.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

I want to say my ceremony musician was around $400 and we had her for an hour.  She played the organ and carillon for us.  She played several other instruments, I don't remember them all. 

I don't have her info with me at work but I can send it to you this weekend on FB if you're interested.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

Also check out gigmasters.com.  We found that website really helpful for booking musicians.  I think that you could get our performers for that much, but prices may have changed since we booked, so I'm not certain.  We used the International String trio:
    ...they were excellent.  They can also be hired as a duo (or probably solo if you want), so you might inquire about that as well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

I hired a Jazz duo (guitar and Bass) for 2 hours - ceremony and cocktail hour -for $350.  They were amazing!  both were professors at UNH.  They live in NH but would probably travel for an additional fee.  He had orriginally quoted me $400 but when I said that was out of my budget, he dropped the price. 
    Let me know if you would like his number. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nantucket4life. Show nantucket4life's posts

you might look into working with students at boston conservatory or new england conservatory.

Sections
Shortcuts