CHair Covers and Sashes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AGoldstein1. Show AGoldstein1's posts

CHair Covers and Sashes

Does anyone know a good company tha rents out Chair Cover and Sashes for a reasonable price in the Tewksbury Andover area?? Or anywhere else that would deliver them to that area?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sarahp20. Show sarahp20's posts

Re: CHair Covers and Sashes

I am not sure what the average price is, but....my venue uses divine linens in NH. The chair covers and sashes were about 4.50 per chair if YOU do the labor.. It wouldve been about 700 for me, so i passed... i'm secretly hoping no one notices the ugly chairs!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Sarah - no one will notice the chairs.  I was considering chair covers (my venue chairs were green) but they ended up matching my centerpieces, so I just saved the money.  Most people didn't even notice the chairs, and others thought I had them brought in to match the centerpieces.

AGoldstein - when I was looking, the best quote I received was from Chair Covers and Linens in Topsfield.  http://www.linenhero.com/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: CHair Covers and Sashes:
    [QUOTE]I am not sure what the average price is, but....my venue uses divine linens in NH. The chair covers and sashes were about 4.50 per chair if YOU do the labor.. It wouldve been about 700 for me, so i passed... i'm secretly hoping no one notices the ugly chairs!
    Posted by sarahp20[/QUOTE]

No one will notice.  Money well saved.

That being said, I'm not saying anything against the OP's desire to do it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I disagree and think people will notice if the chairs are indeed ugly or look out of place.
    I have been to functions where I have thought the chairs looked cheap and out place and others that the chairs looked fine.
    I did chair covers/sashes because that was the look I wanted not necessarily because I thought the chairs were ugly. 
    I also think that the covers/sashes can look ugly if they are cheaply made or don't fit well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

[QUOTE]I disagree and think people will notice if the chairs are indeed ugly or look out of place. I have been to functions where I have thought the chairs looked cheap and out place and others that the chairs looked fine. I did chair covers/sashes because that was the look I wanted not necessarily because I thought the chairs were ugly.  I also think that the covers/sashes can look ugly if they are cheaply made or don't fit well.
    Posted by allreadymarried[/QUOTE]

Do you want to recommend to the OP where you got your chair covers from? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I can't remember or I would.  I can't even begin to think of the name.  I want to say they were in Canton or around there.  Not even sure if someone said the name I would recognize it.
    Sorry.
    I do remember going to bridal shows and seeing the different qualities of fabric and thinking that could make or break the look.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

oh sorry I do know most companies will travel and do not charge extra so you can look elsewhere is someone has a good place.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

[QUOTE]I do remember going to bridal shows and seeing the different qualities of fabric and thinking that could make or break the look.
    Posted by allreadymarried[/QUOTE]

That is a great point.  Make sure you go to a showroom so you know exactly what you are getting and what the material will look like.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AGoldstein1. Show AGoldstein1's posts

thank you so much for your input! i will check those places out and der look at the quality of the material!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from staci1. Show staci1's posts

Good morning, I've heard good things about Linens by Alice... small company... but great customer service.... I don't know what the going price is ...their phone number is 617 524 0990!!!

Good luck!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GRX2008. Show GRX2008's posts

Personally, I'd rather rent Chivari chairs if the chairs are ugly, I think chair covers are pass'e...if you have the budget put a simple sheer bow tied to the back of the chivaries...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

I like Chivari chairs as well.  they are so nice and really can make the room gorgeous.. and they come in so many choices - gold, silver, bamboo, white, etc.  We rented them though from the reception venue - they have a company they use for whatever you want.  They were the same price as the slip covers and i like them a lot better. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RisaKPurr. Show RisaKPurr's posts

Along these lines, is anyone familiar with the online site Linen N' Stuff?  I got a quote from them and their prices seem amazing.  I have never known anyone who used them, however and was just looking for recs.  Thanks!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

if you have the money and you want to do it, go for it.
    but...no one is going to notice or care except you. 
    there were so many details that i was worried about and so many more that i put a lot of time into and no one noticed! put the money toward the drinks and music. and that is what people will notice and that is what will make the night - imo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from twinklie12. Show twinklie12's posts

I beg to differ with some posters...I definitely do notice when chairs are ugly, just a personal thing I guess.  I have chair covers included with my venue but I didn't like the choices for sashes.  I am using Perfect Parties out of Nashua, NH - their prices are good, and I went in and met with Jennifer, she showed me all of my options.  I might do table overlays or table runners as well.  They do sashes of all kinds for $1/per, if you need the sash and chair cover it is $4/per all together, delivery and pickup for everthing is $20.  Doesn't include set-up as my venue will do that for me for free, but they offer it for a fee (I just don't know how much as I didn't ask).  Good luck!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

Twinklie, funny you said that.. I thought I never noticed or would care until I went to one without them and they were ugly...  they were in all the pictures too and I couldn't help notice them in like every picture!  So when it came time for us.. they said $8/chair whether it was a chair cover or a chivari.  I was like Holy Crap.. let's take a look again and see if we can deal with them the way they are, but my fiance (who usually doesn't seem to care about these things) was like "those chairs are ugly so I think we NEED to get the chivaris, it looks SOOO much better".. he's not a big fan of chair covers either though.. things they look too weddingy.  funny how some people have opinions on things and others don't.  I think it's a personal preference either way but my fiance hasn't had many opinions on many things except our place, our church, and the chairs!  so might as well please him!  and I like em too!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I guess I've never been to a wedding with ugly chairs!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I also haven't been to a wedding with ugly chairs. I think I'd only notice if they were plastic or metal folding chairs.
    But, having said that, even if the chairs were ugly, it wouldn't ruin the reception for me and certainly wouldn't make me think any less of the bride for not covering them. After all, the bride didn't buy the chairs, the venue did.
    For some reason the chair covers and sashes are uncomfortable to sit on for me. I feel like they slide all over the place if you try to turn in your seat at all. The last wedding I went to had them and I just felt like the cover wasn't gripping whatever material the chair was made out of.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ruggies. Show Ruggies's posts

Our venue also had ugly chairs and I felt like it took away from the beauty of the table.  We went with simply elegant linens:
     http://www.simplyelegantlinens.com/
    They are located in Haverhill MA- they are reasonably priced and had an abundant selection to choose from.