Curtis Knight DJs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Christinymarini. Show Christinymarini's posts

Curtis Knight DJs

So, I'm in the process of setting up my DJ meetings and I know at least a few of you have used Curtis Knight Entertainment.  Did anyone work with Jeanie?  I inquired about Mike D and Mark Cherone because I remember seeing their names on this board, but it sounds like they are starting to cut back their appearances/time Frown

Is it weird that I picture my wedding DJ as a guy? 

I also made an appointment with Rich from Good Vibes....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Curtis Knight DJs

Well, I didn't actually go with them ONLY because a friend of ours let us know that he DJ'ed in college, had all the best equipment, and wanted to do it for us as his wedding present.  Uh, yay!

BUT, I did work with them on the phone and was matched with Jeanie.  I got the distinct impression that they were a very professional company and that they CARED about our wedding and our having a DJ that matched our style and expectations.  And, I thought their prices were reasonable, too.

I know this doesn't help nearly as much as hearing that we HAD her and she was wonderful, but it's all I've got! 

I don't think it's weird you assumed it would be a guy.  The question is, would it bother you, even if she were the best DJ ever, that she is a woman?  It's not a time to be PC - it a time to reflect on what you really WANT at your wedding.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Christinymarini. Show Christinymarini's posts

I don't think I would necessarily be bothered by it, but it caught me off-guard because the idea never crossed my mind.  It's probably worth meeting with her because it sounds like several people have had positive experiences through the company so I'm sure they know what they are doing!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JEnvie. Show JEnvie's posts

is mark cherone related to gary cherone?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

HI Chris
    I have never used them, but I did chose DJ Ken Drew.  He had a nice package and has been great.  he's charging us on fee for the whole day, including the ceremony, which is downstairs from the reception.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I'm one of the brides who used Mark Cherone.  For the most part, you deal with the owners (Curtis and his wife - Ann?).  They were an absolute pleasure to work with.  A friend of a friend used Jeanie last October and had good things to say.

I agree that I pictured my DJ as male for some reason, but the only time they do much talking is during the intros, so I don't think you'll notice much.  Not to mention you'll too many other things going on :o)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

We're using Mark Cherone.  I have been really impressed with Curtis.  I wanted to set up a meeting with Mark to go over details and Curtis set it up very quickly.  His emails are very professional (well, aside from being multicolored!) and yes, I feel like they really care about your wedding.  When we met Mark back when we booked, he was great.

Funny, I had the same feeling that it would be weird to have a female DJ.  Don't feel bad about it.  I'd say meet with her and listen to her voice.  We asked Mark to sort of mock introduce us during our first meeting with him.  He put on some music and showed us how he introduces a couple.  We *loved* his voice and that's one big reason we went with him.  I'd do the same with DJ Laurie and see if she sounds right to you.  If not, seriously, don't feel bad.  It is your wedding and you are spending a lot of money, so you need to do what makes you happy.

Our wedding is in about 4 weeks (YIKES!) so I'll have a full review in a few weeks!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Trex - Getting rid of a few smiley faces would probably make their correspondence look a little more professional LOL!!  But seriously, everything went perfectly, they were willing to work with us when we postponed the wedding, and the day of was awesome. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Christinymarini. Show Christinymarini's posts

I do have to agree that his emails are interesting with all the smiley faces and exclamation points!! and a few more for emphasis !!!

Thanks for all the responses, I think I'm going to meet with Jeanie and see what we think and see if I can get over wanting a guy as our DJ.  If it's not gonig to work we will just keep looking. 

Trex- I hope you have a stress-free month!  From reading the boards it sounds like you are ready.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

haha, yeah, Curtis's emails scared me at first.  But after meeting him, it made sense.  :)  And he's been one of the most responsive vendors so far! 

Thanks, Christinymarini!  I'm excited and stressed at the same time!  I just wish I could take August off work and have more time to enjoy prepping for the wedding!  Oh well!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Christinymarini. Show Christinymarini's posts

Just a little update: I met with Jeanie from Curtis Knight last night and have to say that she completely changed my mind!  She was so nice and really seemed to understand what we were looking for.  I now think that she may be the front-runner for DJs! 

Thanks for encouraging me to at least meet with her!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

That's great Christiny!  It's so exciting to cross items off the to do list.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from juleen. Show juleen's posts

you have nothing to worry about-Curtis, Anna and Mark are fantastic.  I hired Mark as the DJ but at the last minute, I added Curtis and Anna for video.  I was completely pleased with all of them.
    You day will be amazing with anyone from Curtis Knight...no worries...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Glad you met with Jeanie and were so pleased!  I definitely would have done the same if I'd ended up needing a DJ.  Can't wait to read your review after the wedding!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrkleen2002. Show mrkleen2002's posts

Wedding DJ factory with a ton of mediocre DJs and very little personality and attention to unique detail.  If you like the same old chicken dance / bride feeds the groom / kenny g light jazz during dinner crap, these are the guys for you.

Sections
Shortcuts