Dance Lessons

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from octbride09. Show octbride09's posts

Dance Lessons

can anyone recommend affordable dance lessons? Either group or private?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenclown. Show greenclown's posts

Re: Dance Lessons

can anyone recommend affordable dance lessons? Either group or private?
    Posted by octbride09

We had ours with Liz Nania at Out to Dance.  She was wonderful.  I think we paid about $350 for five one-hour sessions.  There are smaller and bigger packages, and there are also groups.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from octbride09. Show octbride09's posts

what did you learn?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

We are going to Tempo Dance studio in Brighton.  There is a "wedding Survival Course" which is 5 1 hour classes for $85 per person.  They give you a discount on private lessons as well, in case you want to do more.  The class we are in right now is just us, no other couples, so it's fantastic!!  Gail is a sweetheart & very helpful. 

http://www.havetodance.com/tempodancecenter/wedding.html

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

We had ours with Liz Nania at  Out to Dance .  She was wonderful.  I think we paid about $350 for five one-hour sessions.  There are smaller and bigger packages, and there are also groups.
    Posted by greenclown

I totally second Liz Nania.  I took her years ago [before I met DH] for group lessons on East Coast Swing and ballroom.  DH and I took her for private lessons for our wedding. We already knew how to dance, but we wanted to learn some new swing moves.  Liz is fabulous. She's so nice and easy  to work with. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Can anyone recommend a place for a quicky one-time lesson?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Can anyone recommend a place for a quicky one-time lesson?
    Posted by framerican51008

What kind of lesson?  If you want a quick swing or salsa lesson, check out Ryles in Cambridge on Sat nights.  They have dancing upstairs and give a free 1 hr lesson w/ the price of admission.  It's a fun night out.  There are other places that do the same thing.  If you want other suggestions, let me know. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhbride09. Show nhbride09's posts

We used Dance with Liz - she was amazing!  We were total beginners and she had such a great way of teaching us.  We would highly recommend her.

http://web.mac.com/mhmiller87/DanceWithLiz/Home.html

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

What kind of lesson?  If you want a quick swing or salsa lesson, check out Ryles in Cambridge on Sat nights.  They have dancing upstairs and give a free 1 hr lesson w/ the price of admission.  It's a fun night out.  There are other places that do the same thing.  If you want other suggestions, let me know. 
    Posted by ALF72

Thanks ALF

I meant a quick lesson for the wedding, so like fox trot and waltz... or whatever else you might do for a wedding!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Thanks ALF I meant a quick lesson for the wedding, so like fox trot and waltz... or whatever else you might do for a wedding!

Hi Fra!  Check out this link:

http://www.dancesport-newengland.com/category/wedding-dance/

DH and I have taken lessons w/ Kari and he's great.  We didn't take the wedding class, but I still highly recommend this place.  It was a great studio and there was plenty of parking in Coolidge Corner.  Good luck!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

I second or third or fourth liz from outtodance.com

She is fantastic and really put my fiance at ease--who was way stressed about dancing.  We learning foxtrot and some waltz, and just practicing general shmooze dancing :).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Hi Fra!  Check out this link: http://www.dancesport-newengland.com/category/wedding-dance/ DH and I have taken lessons w/ Kari and he's great.  We didn't take the wedding class, but I still highly recommend this place.  It was a great studio and there was plenty of parking in Coolidge Corner.  Good luck!
    Posted by ALF72

Thanks Alf!  I think I'm going to get in touch witht that studio.  Looks like they're also giving out one free lesson right now too!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flynne. Show Flynne's posts

Thanks Alf!  I think I'm going to get in touch witht that studio.  Looks like they're also giving out one free lesson right now too!

DH did our lessons at the same studio but with Anne as the instructor.  She was terrifically patient with us.  We started with the one complimentary lesson, liked it, and then signed up for six more.  People loved our first dance.  Truly, it is a testament to Anne's skills as an instructor.  We were totally clueless starting out!

BTW -- we did a rhumba.  It's all in the hips, baby!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Wow a rhumba?  I am impressed!  Thanks for the review.