Dance lessons?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

Dance lessons?

Hi All,

Did any of you take dance lessons at all for your first dance?  We are thinking about taking about 5 or so lessons for our first dance so we look like we have somewhat of a clue.  Plus we think it would be fun.  We're looking for an affordable and friendly and convenient dance studio to do this at.  Ideal location around Burlington, Stoneham, North Andover, Bedford, etc. 

If anyone has any recommendations or advice, please let me know! 

Thanks!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Re: Dance lessons?

Hi Jan2010!  That's great!  FI and I met ballroom dancing in college and it is so much fun!  I know of two studios in Burlington:

http://arthurmurrayboston.com/

http://www.burlingtonballroom.com

I'm sure Arthur Murray does wedding packages. Not sure about Burlington Ballroom, they are a new studio to the area.  I have not taken lessons at either studio but I did at the Arthur Murray in Boston and they were a lot of fun!

PS.  Have you guys picked a song yet?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

So funny you said Burlington Ball Room.  I received an email from them just after I posted this and they do have some packages!  :-)  I will check out the other one too. 

That's so cute that you met Ball Room Dancing in College.. I love that!! 

We did pick a song.. When You Say Nothing At All by Keith Whitley and Allison Krauss!  :-)

What about you?  You guys will be so professional you probably picked a song to match your favorite dance!?? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Oh, I love that song!  Great choice! 

Yeah, we love dancing, but don't do it much anymore!  Actually, we are so indecisive about a song!  I kind of want something slow and dramatic but then I sort of want to go nuts and do a hustle or cha cha!  We have a lot of time to decide!

I found this website too that lists tons of dance studios so you might find one that is more convenient:

http://www.havetodance.com/studios.html

Good luck with the lessons!  Whoever you go with, let us know how you like them!  I might need a refresher course before the wedding.  :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Oh yeah, I forgot Studio 665 in Woburn!

www.studio665.com/

I have taken lessons with Mark Nocera many moons ago at Northeastern.  He was great!  I'm pretty sure they do wedding packages.  They also have some fun exercise classes at the studio too (Tatiana rocks).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

We took lessons from Liz at Out to Dance in Roslindale. She is an excellent instructor--I recommend her very highly.  We had a blast at the lessons, even though we never really had much fun with partner dancing together before. It's a little bit of a hike for you, but it may be worth the drive.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

Thanks!  I emailed Studio 665 too.  I think Roslindale might be a little too far for us but I'm going to look into it anyway and see! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

I'm not sure how to send you a friend request.  How do I do that?  Where does she teach them if not at the studio there?  Thanks! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

I gave it a shot.. tried to leave you a message in messages and see if that works!  :-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

Hi,

We took lessons with Arthur Murray in Burlington. It was great! Myself and my husband (then fiance) took them, along with our parents. We took private lessons for a couple months before the wedding, and also went to some of their group classes. It is fairly expensive, but worth it. The classes themselves are fun, and you end up looking like great for your first dance!

I really can't say enough about the studio, everyone is so friendly and makes it easy to learn. I can recommend the name of our instructor if you'd like, he was the best!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

Hi!  I went to their website and they were the only one that didn't list prices.  I don't know if that is a good thing or bad thing.  I found that Burlington ballroom was a little less expensive then studio 665 plus we think it might be a bit more convenient so that works out good.  perhaps I should call Arthur Murray and go from there!  Who was your instructor?  Trex knows someone too so I'm excited to talk with them as well. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

Bill was our instructor, he was the best! If I recall, it was something like $100 a  lesson, plus that includes going to their group classes, there are a couple a week and you can go to as many as you want,and they have a Thursday night dance party where they play music and everyone just dances around- all levels of experience! The private lessons are 45 minutes long.

Sections
Shortcuts