Deep Breaths...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rapunzel41. Show Rapunzel41's posts

Deep Breaths...

I knew months ago that September and October were going to be crazy, what with us both working full time, me with long hours and also being a part time student.  To head things off at the pass, I planned ahead...  Back in July, I contacted my caterer to schedule our pre-wedding planning meeting, finalizing a date with her on July 23rd.  We set the meeting for 11:30am on September 14th - next Tuesday.  I then proceeded to contact our photographer and DJ, coordinating those same planning meetings with them as well so we could do them all on the same day at the venue.  We knew we'd need the caterer meeting to go first so we can have the necessary access and layout information for the other vendors.  (We're getting married at a museum, so it's a space with some unique challenges, and they all wanted to see the place so they could plan accordingly for the day of the wedding.)  Everyone was able to make it work, and my FI and I booked other wedding related appointments so we could get it all done on one day, minimizing our time off from work.

I emailed the caterer today about getting a vegan meal for one of my guests, also saying we were excited about the meeting since we were only 45 days out from the wedding.  She replies, saying a vegan meal is not a problem but we need to reschedule the meeting because she's going to be on vacation next week so someone else is going to meet with us, but that person isn't available Tuesday so what other day works for me?

I'm sorry, WHAT?!?!

I replied that rescheduling is not an option because we juggled multiple appointments and vendors once we set this appointment up six weeks ago...  I also said I was particularly displeased that she didn't see fit to contact me about this and waited until I contacted HER six days before the meeting on an unrelated matter to mention it.  

I.  AM.  NOT.  HAPPY.

I'm still waiting to hear back from her on how she's going to resolve this to make the appointment happen on Tuesday.  Should be interesting.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Deep Breaths...

She didn't check her calendar for next week's appointments to make arrangements when she made plans to take it off?  What an imbecile.  I hope she will make it right, and if you have to hold the meeting without a rep there from the catering company, I'd seek concessions with extra food or a discount for the trouble she caused by her lack of planning.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

so sorry Rap, what a ridiculous thing to happen. I hope she makes it up to you!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rapunzel41. Show Rapunzel41's posts

She said it was a family issue causing her to take the time off and she's sorry for the short notice.  She's sending a sales rep who has worked events at our venue in the past.  I'm fine with that...  There was just no way in hell I was rescheduling everything to a different day!  We're fully booked up!

I'm calming down now.  My FI is finally starting to become afraid of me because I'm reaching the end of my short rope with life.  Classes started yesterday and I have SOOOO much homework this week!  I'm definitely not going to handle stress very well!  LOL!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

So it's still on for Tuesday?  That's great!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

oh, good. all's well that ends well. Hang in there!

Sections
Shortcuts